THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 17 of 30 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1045376 - 01/08/21 02:45 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live ***** [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
While I agree that destruction of property should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, armed insurrection against the federal government to try and overthrow a democratic election is not quite the same.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1045380 - 01/08/21 04:51 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Tweeto-in-Chief may as well resign now...

Twitter just banned him permanently. With no more super spreader rallies planned, and no Twitter to rage on, his work is done here.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1045381 - 01/08/21 04:54 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Disturbing videos that show Capitol Police acting passive and even facilitating the break in by moving fencing and opening doors and directing rioters toward the House Chamber. Will those LE officers be fired or prosecuted for dereliction of duty?

I think I"m kinda' sorta' understanding the initial LE response (except the officer who shot the woman who was trying to break into the Chamber) after reading the article from which I took these quotes:

"Why did law enforcement assume that they’d encounter violence from protesters marching for Black lives in June, but think that a largely white crowd of pro-Trump extremists and conspiracy theorists would remain peaceful? The difference in the Capitol Police’s response shocked many who bemoaned the double standard. But police brutality against Black Americans and police inaction toward white Americans is not some surprising anomaly; it is the status quo.

Police responses during peaceful protests were characterized by “excessive enforcement” and the violation of First Amendment rights. Yet one month before Floyd’s death, on April 30, the country had watched as white protesters, some of them heavily armed, swarmed the Michigan state capitol to object to stay-at-home orders, resulting in little incident from Michigan State Police troopers and only two arrests.

The mob attacks on the Capitol are not so much “unprecedented” as they are consistent with America’s history of white backlash to racial equality and white entitlement to political, economic, and social control. It is not a coincidence that on the same day of the riot, the first Black and Jewish Americans were elected to Senate seats in Georgia. Wednesday’s violence claims no legitimate grievances. It is merely the perpetual retaliation to racial progress, as evidenced by the insurrectionists’ parading of Trump flags, Confederate flags, Gadsden flags, Blue Lives Matter flags, and neo-Nazi symbols. This was not an uprising against a tyrannical government; it was an uprising against a multicultural government. And the police reaction—calm, measured, tolerant—to that uprising suggests that when it comes to engaging in violence against the state, white perpetrators have nothing to lose."

#1045382 - 01/08/21 07:24 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...
Nailed it.
Thank you for posting that.

#1045383 - 01/08/21 07:26 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I know damn well who's property is who's she she.

Continue to talk about dickheads if you must.

I understand.

#1045422 - 01/10/21 12:12 AM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
While the police presence was too low for the recent uprising in D.C., those of you who attribute it to racism by comparing it to the presence during the black lives movement are forgetting the context. Are you forgetting what happened several days earlier in Minnesota, where the protests turned into riots and parts of the city were burned to the ground? The police admitted that they did not expect what took place at the capital, because they believed the crowd was supportive of the police. They were wrong. Why would they think this? Well, maybe because they were waving blue flags matter signs and not chanting, “F the Police:” Were they wrong in the assumptions? Obviously. But attributing it solely to racism, as Biden just did, does not do anything to help our nation. If Biden wants our country to heal and to help stop the divide, he too needs to stop stoking the flames division. I hope the next 4 years will be less partisan and more of a healing time for our nation. So far it does not appear that will be the path taken.

#1045436 - 01/10/21 11:07 AM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

The police response was not due solely to racism, but should be understood as consistent with and symbolizing racist policing in America. I mean, like really, really stark.

#1045437 - 01/10/21 11:20 AM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Salmo g.]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
The police response was not due solely to racism, but should be understood as consistent with and symbolizing racist policing in America. I mean, like really, really stark.

Don’t ya know that all the cities are burned to a cinder by black people and their lives mattering?

But seriously, the exaggerations of the destruction of the BLM protests and to the extent that it burned down cities could justify almost anything in the Trumpguzzler mind.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1045442 - 01/10/21 12:02 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
New video on the tweeter today of the Trumpers beating a cop to death on Wednesday as they stormed the Capitol.

I'm sure it was really antifa members waving Trump flags to make Trumpers look bad, though.

They should just suspend the inauguration and hold the event in the WH and lock the whole scene down. Otherwise it could get ugly.

The lack of police presence was engineered by Fatso when he canned all the civilian leadership at the pentagon a few weeks ago and replaced them with ballwashing sycophants. Then he left the police that were there out to swing in the breeze without proper support.

Then, according to the officer's parents, that fat sack of sh!t hasn't even reached out to them with condolences.

What a pathetic clown show.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1045443 - 01/10/21 12:45 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

I am not saying they burned down cities, but rather that the protests in Minnesota definitely turned violent and that parts definitely were burned down. To say they didn't, is pure idiotic and absent any sense of reality. Given that most of the protests started peacefully but ended up violently, how could anyone not justify preparing for violence. Now that the riots happened in D.C, Jay Inslee is stating that he will be deploying the National Guard on the opening day of the state congress. Is this racist or prejudicial, or just smart considering what happened? If the same groups planned additional protests and fragments were talking about killing congressman, storming the white house, or other violent acts, does anyone truly believe that the police would meet them with the same force they did the black lives movement? I can not say exactly why the potential for violence was under estimated, but would first point to the history of such protests. Has this ever happened before? Was there wide spread belief that this would happen? Was the media predicting violence? Was the crowd or aspects of it proclaiming violence? Was there violence of significance leading up to the planned protests. For all of these, I believe the answer was no? Look at the first post in this thread. Was it about predicting violence? No, simply that the proceedings were going to happen.

There recently was a protest that took place down the street from my house, where a black man was shot by the police. I was warned second hand from a state trooper who was going to be assigned to the protest that they expected violence and were preparing. Why, because so many of the protests in the past had turned violent. The crowd was peacefully, the police stayed back, and nothing happened. Its all about intelligence and past history.

Now that the capital building riots took place, what will the future bring? If perpetrators are not prosecuted, if future protests are not met with police presences, or other signs of disparity are seen, then we can point to race. Other wise, lets look to facts. We have enough problems with America as it is.

#1045444 - 01/10/21 12:51 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

And, in case anyone thinks there is not a history of riots following police violence against ethnic minorities.

From Wikapeedia -
1978 to present
978: Houston's Moody Park on the first anniversary of Joe Campos Torres death.
1979: Great Brook Valley Projects Riots Worcester, Massachusetts, Puerto Ricans rioted
1980: Miami riots (Miami, Florida): Reactions following the acquittal of four Miami-Dade Police officers in the death of Arthur McDuffie.
1980: Chattanooga Riot (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
1989: Overtown Riot (Miami, FL) After a black motorcyclist was shot by a Hispanic police officer in the predominantly black community of Overtown, residents rioted for two nights. The officer was later convicted of manslaughter.
1990: Wynwood riot (Miami, FL) Puerto Ricans rioted after a jury acquitted six officers accused of beating a Puerto Rican drug dealer to death
1992: Los Angeles riots (Los Angeles, California): In reaction to the acquittal of all four LAPD officers involved in the videotaped beating of Rodney King, in addition to the Korean involved in the murder of Latasha Harlins; riots broke out mainly involving black and Latino youths in the black neighborhoods of South Central Los Angeles and Korean-American neighborhood of Koreatown before spreading to the rest of the city
1996: St. Petersburg riots (St. Petersburg, Florida): After Officer Jim Knight stopped 18 yr. old Tyron Lewis for speeding, he claimed to accidentally fire his weapon, fatally wounding the black teenager. Riots broke out, lasting 2 days.[citation needed]
2001: Cincinnati riots (Cincinnati, Ohio): In a reaction to the fatal shooting of an unarmed young black male, Timothy Thomas by Cincinnati police officer Steven Roach, riots broke out over the span of a few days.
2003: Benton Harbor riots (Benton Harbor, Michigan)
2005: 2005 Toledo riot (Toledo, Ohio): A race riot that broke out after a planned Neo-Nazi protest march through a black neighborhood.
2006: Fontana High School riot (Fontana, California): Riot involving about 500 Latino and black students[31]
2006: Prison Race Riots (California): A war between Latino and black prison gangs set off a series of riots across California[32][33]
2008: Locke High School riot[34] (Los Angeles, California)
2009: 2009 Oakland riots (Oakland, California): Peaceful protests turned into rioting after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man, Oscar Grant, by a BART transit policeman.
2014–2015: The Ferguson unrest, a series of riots break out in Ferguson, Missouri over the shooting of Michael Brown.
August 2014: riots for two weeks after the initial shooting of Michael Brown.
Late November and early December 2014: riots for one week after the police officer who shot Michael Brown was not indicted.
August 2015: riots for two days during the anniversary of the shooting of Michael Brown.
2015: The Death of Freddie Gray was an incident in which a suspect died in police custody and later protests turned into riots in Baltimore.
2016: The Shooting of Abdullahi Omar Mohamed sparked riots on the night of the shooting.
2020: Protests break out across the U.S. following the killing of George Floyd.

#1045445 - 01/10/21 01:07 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Krijack]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

So you are saying burning, looting and rioting are the same as overthrowing the government because you lost an election?

#1045447 - 01/10/21 01:29 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

No, the magnitude of what happened is irrelevant to the discussion. What was expected to happen is what is relevant. What I am saying is that the police response/ preparation appears to be related to past experience, not race. The police did not expect the crowd to do what they did, so they were not prepared. The response during the black lives movement was predicated off the recent riots in Minnesota, and the potential for violence based on past similar protests. Clearly there is a long history of unrest following incidents similar to Minnesota. There was nothing in past like what happened in the Capital.

#1045448 - 01/10/21 01:37 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Nothing compares to last Wednesday's attack on the US capitol. Could have been a lot worse with hostage taking, killing of officials, or police killing more protestors. Congressmen of both parties and some ex-military acted quickly to move desks in front of doors. Reminded me of situations in anti-terrorist training. Lots of Q Anon supporters in the videos and pictures. Did anybody see Rich G in the pictures. There were 2 Seattle cops identified. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Right wing wackos trying to minimize what happened and justify it by comparing to protests that were not trying to overturn election results. Looks like Trump will be impeached next week and will go to Senate later this year.

#1045450 - 01/10/21 03:28 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
Any law enforcement officer stupid enough to be involved in this shouldn't be on the force and deserves immediate termination and prosecution.

Sort like what has already happened to many of the people identified.

#1045453 - 01/10/21 06:44 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
ondarvr Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Spokane WA
So far 25 members of the military have been identified as part of the mob inside.

#1045454 - 01/10/21 06:51 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: ondarvr]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: ondarvr
So far 25 members of the military have been identified as part of the mob inside.

25 military careers ended.

Sad!

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1045455 - 01/10/21 06:57 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Dan S.]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Stop the stupid.

#1045456 - 01/10/21 06:58 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: Todd]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Fat Orange just lost the 2022 PGA Championship tournament at his golf course in NJ.
SF

Edited by stonefish (01/10/21 06:59 PM)

#1045457 - 01/10/21 07:02 PM Re: Electoral College tally : watch live [Re: ondarvr]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Much more about military and cop involvement in this podcast. Considerable insight into what happened and harrowing predictions for the days to come. Rich G kind of stuff absent the crazy. This podcast is more like one of Michael Moore's feature movies in length and scope. It's a warning you and those you care about should hear...

Page 17 of 30 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 30 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |