THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1054110 - 07/19/21 01:51 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Fauci is a federal employee.

The highest paid Washington State employee is pretty much always the head football coach at the University of Washington and Washington State University...and they make about 10x what Dr. Fauci makes wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1054111 - 07/19/21 02:02 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

There are probably a couple of professors at both schools that make $400k, give or take, but I doubt there are any that make $500k, much less $1,000,000.

Most make about $150K, give or take.

Fish on...

Todd

#1054112 - 07/19/21 02:10 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

looks like David Silvers is the highest paid professor in the US, at 4.3 million...

when you get to 10, its already under 500k, so you are most likely right... the highest at UW might even be in the 300K range...

https://thebestschools.org/magazine/highest-paid-college-professors-america/

#1054113 - 07/19/21 02:10 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I understand the kneejerk reaction of wanting others to pay for theirs, if you had to pay for yours, but it's pretty shortsighted, really.

1. It's far better for the economy, including yours and mine, to not have so many young people saddled with unmanageable debt.

2. It will cost us all more, in the long run, to pay for all the other services that those young people won't be able to afford due to crippling debt.

If "It sucked for me, so I think it should suck for you, too!" is your motivation...one, it's kinda lame and schitty to think that way, and two, if being selfish is really your motivation, be motivated by the fact that us taxpayers will pay less in the long run to help them now, vs. help them all along for a long while.

Let your selfish economic sense, such that it is, override your selfish dick sense, such that it is.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. I have almost no dog in this fight, so far as the selfish dick part goes; my zillions of dollars in student loans are done, and my lady's are down to a few grand...we'll be barely helped by any forgiveness, if any comes, at least directly.

#1054117 - 07/19/21 02:28 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

P.P.S. This conversation is similar to lots of conversations about social services...even if shown the simple math, like paying $1 for this service saves $7 in the long run, many people would rather pay the additional $6 in taxes, and the reason why is "fuckthatguy".

Not a great reason to waste money, IMHO.

#1054118 - 07/19/21 02:34 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I would favor 2 years government paid jc tuition for either college credits or trade school.

#1054120 - 07/19/21 02:40 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

is that for me?

i dont have any college debt, when i was in the CITC program through WSU (building in Bellevue) i had to pay for it quarterly myself, no loans, none of that stuff... books and such were extremely expensive, it was also done through hourly on the job time that would advance you to the next phase, the Renton Tech Horticulture degree was mainly paid by the highschool i was attending, but i had to pay for some of it through Renton Tech itself, but that was almost 25 years ago..

Katie did accrue some debt through her degree, but thats alright... it shall be handled...

i only have like a year left on the CITC program, i could just stop doing what im doing and continue that, and after a year would be a certified journeyman carpenter, but as i said, its in Bellevue, and the classes end at 10PM, and im about an hour and 20 minutes from there now, so maybe at some point i will do that...

i think i can also just take the test for the finals, but it costs a bit of money, and honestly, i dont think im ready for that yet, maybe i am, i dont know..

me and Katie litterally get to see each other for about 2 hours a day, 3 tops, then on the weekends i shoot so we get a little more then, but its not much... thats all good tho, weve got some goals and will move a bit north in the future, would like to be closer to my brother, and not have to deal with the bullsh!t traffic on 167 and 410...

#1054121 - 07/19/21 02:44 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Illahee]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Illahee
I would favor 2 years government paid jc tuition for either college credits or trade school.

This one feels like a no-brainer, and in addition, we could forgive a like amount to those still owing...not a total forgiveness, but forgive the equivalent of two years of school.

Fish on...

Todd

#1054126 - 07/19/21 02:50 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Todd]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Todd
It will cost us all more, in the long run, to pay for all the other services that those young people won't be able to afford due to crippling debt.

This is an invalid argument, an example of the false dilemma fallacy because we don't have to pay for services for them later. We can not pay college forgiveness now and not pay welfare later because 100% fvckthatguy. Nobody should be getting a free ride for anything. What's the difference between robbing my house, or indirectly robbing me by going through the welfare office having the government rob me and give you the welfare.

At least 50% of welfare is wasted on fraud. Remember Swanny, there is lots of people like them. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. How much are you personally willing to pay so Swanny takes fake disability while he is out running a guide business poaching fish and cutting off adipose fins for clients. Personally for me it's zero. Pay your debts deadbeats. They only person that wants to pay for your debt is Todd. He likes paying debts, but how much extra does he have. I know Todd, like all liberals, is generous with other peoples money but how generous is he with his own? How much extra do you pay in taxes over and above what's required so they can pay off all these debts? I'm guessing zero which is that exact same number I want to pay. Nothing is stopping you from writing a check, but instead you just virtue signal about it which costs you zero. So unless you want to put up some extra money you might as well shut up because until you reach for your checkbook I think you are a a fullofsh!t blowhard hypocrite. Pay debts millennials. The government isn't going to pay them. Todd isn't going to pay them for you either, despite what he posts here.

#1054127 - 07/19/21 02:53 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
But but but... the 1% should pay for it... because fuckthatguy. I知 jealous of all his money.

Isn稚 the double standard hilarious?

-Steamy

#1054128 - 07/19/21 02:54 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Salmo g.]
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
He doesn't say much about you, just as you don't say much about him, until now.

Wow it's almost like he never brings me up because he doesn't care about me and I don't bring him up because I don't care about him. For some reason you sure care more than both of us.

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Sorry I brought it up, but yeah, that model year is a classic for the Tundra. Easily worth $2k over book. Lucky you.

Like I said, not sure why you're jealous over it. I'll sell it for $2k over what it's worth anytime. I sell you a lot more stuff for $2k over what it's worth too. Anytime.

#1054132 - 07/19/21 03:10 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

As I noted above, it's my money, and I'm not getting any forgiveness, so Steamy and Pinky can re-write their rants.

Everything costs money, and we can decide how much we want to spend, and what we want to spend it on...but we should at least consider if it's going to accomplish a goal we want, and know what the actual costs are.

The actual fallacies are when we decide we don't want to pay a thing, and then we don't want to pay for the consequences of that decision, either.

The smarter decision is to figure out first if they both accomplish the goal, and then figure out which one costs less.

"fuckthatguy" probably shouldn't enter the equation...but back when I was a practicing lawyer, clients were often quite happy to spend $25K to win $10K, because of "fuckthatguy"...but that actually was their money.

In this case, the "fuckthatguy" crowd is spending my money, and probably wasting it on this topic.

Fish on...

Todd

#1054135 - 07/19/21 03:19 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

No college, private sector pride.

If you haven't got what it takes... go to college.

stir

#1054136 - 07/19/21 03:24 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
I知 on vacation today because I work hard and earn my money and the vacation I知 using today. But I知 also not directly a gubment employee. Currently sitting out on the canal in the sun in and out of my afternoon nap with a cooler of beer next to me. Fished this morning and got a nice 12# keeper and life is good.

But fuckthatguy.

-Steamy

#1054140 - 07/19/21 04:23 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Streamer]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Streamer
I知 on vacation today because I work hard and earn my money and the vacation I知 using today. But I知 also not directly a gubment employee. Currently sitting out on the canal in the sun in and out of my afternoon nap with a cooler of beer next to me. Fished this morning and got a nice 12# keeper and life is good.

But fuckthatguy.

-Steamy

That sounds much better than working today...I don't see any non-weekend days off for me for a few weeks, then it's off to a three day tuna trip off the coast of Mexico smile

Fish on...

Todd

#1054141 - 07/19/21 04:29 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Streamer]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
But but but... the 1% should pay for it... because fuckthatguy. I知 jealous of all his money.

-Steamy

Don't you have a bet to welch on?

Never mind - you're already welching by being here.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1054143 - 07/19/21 04:31 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Streamer]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I知 welching on a bet

-Steamy

Handled that typo for you.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1054145 - 07/19/21 04:53 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Streamer]
Returning Adult

I know a lot of Seattle liberal douches that spout of crap to the left of even Todd. I've had dozens of conversations with them like this:

You just sold your house that you had built for $500k for over $1 million. So are you going to pay capital gains tax on that or use the loophole and not pay. Then they scoff at that b-b-but the rich not m-m-me. So I say you just made $500k in income plus your job that pays $150k+ a year, you just sold an asset for over one million dollars and just bought a multmillion dollar house, by what definition are you not rich? b-b-but the 1%. I'm like OK well based on your income you are the 1% at least for this year so are you going to pay your fair share like you are always talking about or are you going to take the loophole?

Every single one took the loophole, dozens of Seattle liberals, every last one took the loophole instead of paying. You have these elitist privileged 1%ers liberals and they still don't want to pay taxes but still want other people to pay. Every single time. What happened to be the change you want to see in the world, pay that fair share you are always taking about but no they never do.

I want to pay less in taxes, I want other people to pay less in taxes. Liberals want to pay less in taxes but want other people to pay more in taxes. Somehow I'm the selfish immoral one for not wanting to force others to pay taxes, even though I have the exact same standard for myself as I do for others. Liberals are so generous with other people's money. I like how they have one standard for themselves but use another standard for others.

When we vote people who vote for lower taxes should pay lower taxes, people who vote for higher taxes should pay for higher taxes. But Democrats cry about this and say then everyone would just vote for lower taxes. Then that's obviously what people want, isn't that what Democracy is doing what people want, so lets do what people want not just based on what they say but on how they choose to act.

#1054146 - 07/19/21 05:13 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Todd]
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Todd
"fuckthatguy" probably shouldn't enter the equation...but back when I was a practicing lawyer, clients were often quite happy to spend $25K to win $10K, because of "fuckthatguy"...but that actually was their money.

You could have given sound legal advice and told them that you don't go to court to get justice they court only awards money. The math doesn't make sense here and you would be financially better off by dropping the matter. That's what any person would do by any reasonable standard of professional ethics. Or you could just take advantage of the situation and charge them $25k to win $10k even though that's not in their financial interest and you have a fiduciary duty to act in their financial interest. I wonder what a morally correct virtuous Democrat would do in this situation. Probably say some virtue signal BS and turn around and do the opposite.

Todd I think you should be able to forgive exactly as much student debts for other people as you are able and willing to pay for. So how much extra did you pay over what was required on last years taxes? I paid zero extra but that is exactly how much I think others should be forced to pay for student loan forgiveness too. I'm guessing you paid zero extra too but you claim to have moral standards and beliefs to which your own behavior does not conform. My behavior conforms to my beliefs, yours does not. There is a word for this oh yeah hypocrisy. What a virtuous hypocrite you are.

So drop the pretense. If you want college loan forgiveness pay for it. Write a 5 or 6 figure check to the government over and above what is required. You can send it in right now. In fact you can cut the middleman out and just pay off someone's student loans on this site. Several people on here have astronomical 5 or 6 figure student loan debt. Put your money where your mouth is and pay off one of their loans. Be the change you want to see in the world. You want student loan forgiveness then start with your own money. I don't really pay that much attention to what people say, I put more stock in what they do. So quit the pretense of sanctimoniousness and whip out your checkbook. Or just say fvckthatother guy and pay zero extra, if that's what you want but don't posture and pretend you are willing to do things you aren't willing to do. Be at least as generous with your own money as you are with other people's.

You will never get student loan forgiveness as you can't even get more than a minor part of your own party on board. It's just an lie that democratic politicians know they can never deliver on but will use this as an excuse for votes before they sell us down to river to big business interests. It's kind of like when republican politicians lie that they will make smaller government for votes but doesn't deliver smaller government before they sell us down to river to big business interests but maybe a different group of big business interests that the Democrats sell us out to. You have the presidency, house and senate and will not get student loan forgiveness passed this year. You will not get it passed next year. Midterms are going to come and you'll lose the house then you for sure won't get it after that. Student loan forgiveness will never happen it's not politicly feasible, I know it will never happen, you know it will never happen, the politicians know it will never happen but don't let that stop you from shilling for those politicians.

So whip out that check book and put your money where your principles and beliefs dictate. Or be a posturing hypocrite libtard shill, it's a free country, the choice is yours. You are free to choose but remember we are paying attention to what you choose and not paying attention to all the hot air you blow. So do you write the check or say fvckthatotherguy. I predict you say fvckthatotherguy and continue to shill for forcing other people to pay for things that you aren't willing to yourself.

#1054147 - 07/19/21 05:14 PM Re: College Loan Forgiveness [Re: Flatbrim Pescador]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Spoken like a Retrumplican cultist hack.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 521 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |