#1068124 - 09/17/26 10:50 AM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: eyeFISH]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 11/21/07
Posts: 8093
Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
|
I agree, Salmo. They could easily craft regulations that protect salmon and allow trout fishing. Used to be that "opportunity" was the mantra. Now, they see to have given up and just open or close.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068125 - 09/17/26 11:33 AM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: eyeFISH]
|
Returning Adult
Registered: 12/01/18
Posts: 448
|
With the Chehalis tribs being very low and no rain forecast for the rest of the month I was wondering if tribs (Nooch, Satsop, etc) will open ov Oct. 1? Anybody heard anything?
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068126 - 09/17/26 01:40 PM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: Lifter99]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 03/03/09
Posts: 4842
Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
|
https://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/rfc/Other than Doty the basin flows are forecast below average but not record lows which is good. Now the bad the long range forecast has rain off and on through Oct. but not enough to jump flows up. The weather looks to following be following AH's old rule..... no real rain until the first week of Nov. Nov. is going to be wet for sure but then we have this, the large number of Coho moving up early is good as NT nets are in the last week Sept two days then the QIN and NT combine 4 to 5 days netting a week through Oct. To your question who knows! If the fish come in and move above the Rec boundry lines probally not. If they fill the river and park so you have red fish ass deep maybe. The fish did that in early 80's and again early 90's.
_________________________
Dazed and confused.............the fog is closing in
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068129 - 09/17/26 08:29 PM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: Rivrguy]
|
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah
Registered: 08/23/06
Posts: 6229
Loc: zipper
|
Coho mostly do the North channel. This is not true.
_________________________
... Propping up an obsolete fishing industry at the expense of sound fisheries management is irresponsible. -Sg
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068130 - 09/17/26 08:39 PM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: fish4brains]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 03/03/09
Posts: 4842
Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
|
I guess I could be wrong but the old rule was Chinook South Coho North but is not exclusive. Just which place to target for what fish. Lots of folks fish the South for Coho and C&R for Chinook this is not a new thing. That is why tribal fishers are not allowed in South channel.
_________________________
Dazed and confused.............the fog is closing in
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068131 - 09/25/26 04:27 PM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: Rivrguy]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 03/03/09
Posts: 4842
Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
|
Ah we are back. Little update fishing tidewater has been good bad really good depends on the day person. Have seen several jumpers today watching the river so it looks like the weather has had a positive impact. Time to get at it guys!
_________________________
Dazed and confused.............the fog is closing in
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068132 - Yesterday at 07:30 AM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: eyeFISH]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 11/21/07
Posts: 8093
Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
|
Only had one or two jumpers here so far, but some folks I know have been doing fairly well further North in Budd. A few late Chinook and more coho.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068136 - Today at 11:56 AM
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: Carcassman]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 03/03/09
Posts: 4842
Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
|
Well I know one guy had fun! Watched him hook a rather good size Chinook and that fish took him up and down the river in front of the house! What impressed me was when he got it to the boat he simply cut the leader and let his spinner go with the fish. That is how you fish tidewater to keep Chinook mortality down... do not handle the fish at all just cut the leader the barbless hook will fall out. Whoever you are guy thumbs up!
_________________________
Dazed and confused.............the fog is closing in
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#1068137 - 54 minutes 5 seconds ago
Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET
[Re: Lifter99]
|
River Nutrients
Registered: 04/25/00
Posts: 5066
Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
|
9/27/2026 With the Chehalis tribs being very low and no rain forecast for the rest of the month I was wondering if tribs (Nooch, Satsop, etc) will open ov Oct. 1? Anybody heard anything? Wynoochee has not been closed, that I'm aware of..... Humptulips, Satsop, will be open for sure 10/01, I'm assuming Wishkah will be open also. Also the Chehalis above Fuller Bridge will be open. NT net fisher's will get 2 days before 10/01, but will have to release wild chinook...
_________________________
"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"
"I thought growing older, would take longer"
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
|
|
1 registered (DrifterWA),
873
Guests and
3
Spiders online. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
11508 Members
17 Forums
73147 Topics
828083 Posts
Max Online: 14307 @ 05/22/26 06:24 PM
|
|
|