LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111439 - 04/10/01 08:48 PM Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Slam Offline
Fry

Loc: kelso, wa, USA
Just wondering if any of you have had a chance to try the new K13 out and if so how did it work. I was able to pick a few up yesterday at Bob's in Longview. I was told they will dive 12' without any weight added. A friend of mine used to be the production manager for Luhr Jensen and he is very excited about this one.

#111440 - 04/10/01 08:53 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Jennie_dup1 Offline
Fry

Loc: Tillamook
I abs love them!
I have caught most of my fish on them this season. The one I like (LIKED) best was the chrome with chartreuse tail. A real hot fish took it with him on release yesterday... A sacrifce to the salmon gods I guess..
Anyway, Buzz is sending me some soon to give away as demos, and I spoke with Bob about doing a little giveaway here too, so keep your eyes open for a quickie contest.
Jen

#111441 - 04/10/01 09:02 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Slam Offline
Fry

Loc: kelso, wa, USA
Thanks Jen, just curious if you had any bait on or not.

#111442 - 04/10/01 09:12 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
I have not been able to get my hands on any up here yet.. Sure would love to find a store with them. confused confused confused

#111443 - 04/11/01 09:59 AM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
finclipped Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver
I am not a big fan of the k-13's. You can't tune them and the bait wrap has to be small to keep from throwing them out of balance. But probably the biggest reason I havn't switched over, is they are not our producing the k-15's, at least from what I have seen. I think there has been a big push for them this year, because they are relatively new.

#111444 - 04/11/01 01:00 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Jennie_dup1 Offline
Fry

Loc: Tillamook
The K13s do have some trouble with bait wraps. Last time I wrapped a sardine the way I do any other, it worked in a strange circular motion, and I had to adjust the bait rather than being able to adjust it the regular way.
Plus, there is an odd seam down the middle. Why?
I do still wrap them, just more carefully.
I love the action they provide otherwise, but I am a wrap and scent junkie.
However, I must admit, the last three fish I caught were on bare hardware, Magnum hotshots, with no scent, no hardware.
I'm almost ready to say, hey... it doesn't matter what you fish with, as long as you are in front of a fish and they are on the bite.
Another thing that interests me is the lack of hookups with any hardware. I started to wonder about why they don't afix a permanent hook to the tail of these lures, off to each side or something?
Think about the way they bite, and the hardware that can wedge the hook out of their mouths...???
Doesn't it make sense? Or not???
Jen

#111445 - 04/12/01 07:13 AM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jen, I like to wrap Kwikies too, but it isn't necessary, especially for these biters. A good baitoil applied to the top and hooks and you're good to go. I haven't seen the K-13 yet. I have heard it described as having a perma set wire loop instead of an eyescrew on the upper bill for rigup. This doesn't necessarily mean you can't tune these new versions w/o an eyescrew to rotate. I have more than a strong hunch that you can tune these as you would a Wiggle Wart, which has the perma wire loop also. If the plug runs a bit out to the right then just use a long-nosed pliers to squeeze the loop top a tiny bit to the left. If it runs left, bend the loop a tiny to the right. Let us know if this works for tuning this new version people. Thanks.

RT

#111446 - 04/12/01 01:52 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
They have the K-13 at Sport co. as well as outdoor empo.. smile

#111447 - 04/12/01 03:04 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Was just wondering how the action was any different from a k-15? Personally think I'll just stay to the k-15 or mag warts in faster current though.

Tight lines

Kevin

#111448 - 04/13/01 11:56 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Huntar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima, WA
Same name, basically a different plug. I spoke at length with L.J. and there are several differences.
1. The halves are molded left-right (hence the middle seam) rather than the old top-bottom. The idea is they are tuned "out of the box".
2. The eyes are molded in, not screwed in.
3. It dives.

Better - ?????????
Different - yes

The reason it is hard to find is that the official release date is Monday the 16th.

#111449 - 04/15/01 07:59 PM Re: Anyone tried the K13 yet?
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
We did well with them so far this spring, cant say they outfished the other plugs we fished. Do know our plugs outfished a lot of others though. We did wrap them and stayed with small wraps, didnt have any trouble

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1428 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |