THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114629 - 06/02/01 05:24 PM Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
Fuzzybutt Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, W.A
This morning I attended the Eastside Steelheaders Handicapped Kids Fishing Derby in Issaquah, WA, and had a great time, dispite of the weather.
However, before it began, I was asked to go to GI Joes in Issaquah, to pick up the 6 dozen night crawlers they said they would donate to the cause,when a member of the club went into the store a week ago. On my arrival, I spoke with Les, who is the District Manager of all the Washington and Western Oregon Stores. He outright refused, saying he knew nothing about it, and that he might be able to sell the 20 dozen worms he had in stock to the public, rather than donate them for nothing to these kids! How BAD is that!! mad I for one, will not be supporting this store anymore!

Fuzzybutt
Silent Approach Jigs

#114630 - 06/02/01 06:38 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Well, gee Les. Whaddya say I drop a line to YOUR regional manager and tell him about your apparent disregard for handicapped children? Or how about we call the local news channel and let them know about it?

I'd say a public relations nightmare could be the outcome, and who knows if ol' Les will be able to keep his job. And for the want of, what, a $25-30 (maybe even tax deductible) donation. mad

You sure as hell won't see ME in a GI Joes now. I'd rather NOT FISH eek than buy gear or bait from a store with that attitude.

BTW: The phone # for GI Joes in Issy is 425-961-2000, give ol' Les a call and tell him what you think mad

[ 06-02-2001: Message edited by: Dan S. ]

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#114631 - 06/02/01 06:51 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Cold-Hearted, Greedy, IDIOT!

#114632 - 06/03/01 01:47 AM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
scootter Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: grayland
mad I suggest an e-mail to: www.joesoutdoors.com
Click on "about G.I. Joes"
Click on "contact us"
Let them have it. Do not forget to tell them what your anual purchases is.
they have lost my Business.

#114633 - 06/03/01 08:55 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
Ratherbfishin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bainbridge Island, WA USA
I purchased rod, reel and misc. steelhead gear there last fall. never again, and they will hear from me also.

-rbf

#114634 - 06/03/01 10:18 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
First of all when you all came in last week you were told to bring in a letter head saying what you needed and it would be done. But when you showed up you had nothing in your hand but the words out of your mouth. The Lady you all talk to last week was Falice and she was more than happy to help as long as you did what was ask . I was there today and went up to check this all out first hand rather than pass gas in the bb. mad mad mad

#114635 - 06/03/01 11:23 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
rodbuster Offline
Parr

Loc: lake stevens
You need a paper trail to get a couple dozen worms donated to handicap kids? eek

#114636 - 06/04/01 12:23 AM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Snapper it is not as much a paper trail as there way of doing things. Other wise every tom , Dick, and Snapper would go in telling a story to get free things.. If you are wanting some help be willing to do your part. eek

#114637 - 06/04/01 10:20 AM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Paper trail????Oh Ya I saw one coming out of the Sani-Kan following Hey Yall,it was stuck in his waders...ooohhhh yukkk

Another Store to cross off my list.....Oh well,I dig my own worms anyway......Os

#114638 - 06/04/01 12:14 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
Fuzzybutt Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, W.A
Driftboat, I am the individual that talked to Les on Saturday, his attitude was as he usualy is...Lame, do OUR part??? open your eyes there Chief! we as a club, in the past have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars for our monthly raffle prizes at this very store! and when it comes time for a VERY small donation to help some less fortunate kids have their only fishing opportunity for the whole year G.I. Joes fell flat on its face, and above all people the District Manager! whom you would think would want to do the right thing in this instance, and should be as embarassed. hell he could have even driven the whole 1/2 mile and came down to east Gillman to watch those kids, to make sure his worms were getting used!
well, I speak for myself only here, and the club can decide as a whole what they want to do, but that store sealed their fate with me, and a whole bunch of friends, Guides, and bussinesses that I deal with every day, they were all appalled at what transpired.

Got Fish??? Silent Approach Jigs

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: Fuzzybutt ]

#114639 - 06/04/01 01:23 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
Fishhead Vic Offline
Fry

Loc: Milwaukie,Oregon,USA
Thanks Scooter for that e-mail address for G.I Joes. I just wrote them a letter to let them know. Pretty petty of a out-fit like that to be so cheap. I hope my $.02 is worth something.....Later, Fishhead Vic frown

#114640 - 06/04/01 06:44 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
I got this reply from the GI Joe web site..

Thank you for writing to www.gijoes.com

We appreciate your concern, and will be more than happy to assist you in its resolution. We pride ourselves on the high level of service that we provide to our customers, and regret that you have had a discouraging experience with us.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to assist you directly. The email feature on our site is primarily for issues regarding our web store. For concerns regarding our land stores, please contact your local store manager or our corporate office. You may reach our corporate office at:

G.I Joe's, Inc.
9805 Boeckman Road
Wilsonville, OR 97070

Phone: 503-682-2242
Fax: 503-682-7200

I apologize we could not be of more assistance. Your email has been forwarded to our corporate office.

#114641 - 06/04/01 07:55 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
spoonman Offline
Parr

Loc: kent,wa
I agree that G.I. Joes sucks. I have tried to order little cleos in bulk and they always screw it up. There management in the Federal store is always changing. Does anyone know where I can get little cleos in bulk in the south end? Going thru Acme they charge $3.25 each where as G.I Joes is $2.25

#114642 - 06/05/01 06:11 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Thats weak driftboat, try and make the man look bad for helping out the disadvantaged... Next time I help a little old lady cross the street, I'll fill out the appropriate form first. weak effort, GI BLOWS!

#114643 - 06/05/01 06:27 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
SnagMagnet Offline
Parr

Loc: Boise, Idaho
I have never visted the store myself... This thread reminds me I never will! Couple of dozen worms will cost them more than the can of worms they opened!!!!!

#114644 - 06/05/01 09:15 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
rodbuster Offline
Parr

Loc: lake stevens
driftboat, I noticed your items in the classified section are 1/2 price, "never been used", "brand new", "cash gets it." You an employee?

#114645 - 06/05/01 10:14 PM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

No I work for Kenworth and guide on the side. But do shop there a lot and like what they do for me. I am not happy about what went down about the worm either but it is a two way thing. They were ask a week a head of time to bring in a letter head ..What is so hard about that. Stop in the store and talk to Falice like I did ... smile

#114646 - 06/06/01 02:11 AM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
Support your local independently owned shops, forget the chain stores! A small retailer wouldn't think about it twice, it's a no brainer. You guys that shopped at GI Joes should be ashamed of yourselves to begin with, what did you expect?

#114647 - 06/06/01 02:37 AM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Lol!!!...I cant help but laugh everytime you bash the chainstores Mr. Tackler.

Its funny because its the truth.

I mean, why would you buy your Corkies and Tadpollys at a store named after a toy doll?!?!?!!?!? laugh
cool

[ 06-05-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]

#114648 - 06/06/01 03:03 AM Re: Thumbs down for GI Joes, Issaquah!
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
I pledge to not shop at that establishment anymore, but can I still park in their parking lot and check out those fine Eastside automobiles and ogle the fashionably dressed Eastside women? I would have paid for the worms myself just to see the the looks on those little kids' faces when Fuzzybutt introduced himself and announced, "I've got worms!" laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 342 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |