THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115387 - 06/17/01 10:59 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Well if I could fish with anyone it would have to be with Tom Nelson when he was about 40 years young. My dad knows who I am talkin about. He is 80 now and he is one of the best damn fisherman I have ever had the pleasure of fishin with. smile

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

#115388 - 06/18/01 12:30 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Just a note for all those wondering how good Bill really is........I have known Bill and was fishing with him before either of us had ever caught a Steelhead, back when we fished for trout in rivers and lakes with 2 lb test......and even then, Bill was the ultimate master....he really IS that good.

#115389 - 06/18/01 03:31 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Perfect Drift Offline
Smolt

Loc: Battle Ground, Washington
I would like to say my true choice would be myself, but in reality, a close second would be Bill Herzog. The reason I say bill is I have spent many years fishing SW WA, the penninsula, puget sound streams, Vancouver island, just about anywhere you could name just as he's done as well. I to would love to get with Herzog because in all the years I have fished I have never come across someone that could help me or propel me any further with my fishing abilities. I too am in Bill's world here in SW WA, I just have never written books or been is STS,or basically have never really gone public. But like Bill I try to help all others to make them better, and of those who know me, I'm recognized as one of the best they've ever seen. I've never had someone stand next to me or come in behind me and clean up. So please MR. HERZOG if you would just give me one chance to sweep your a$$ up on the river!!!! That would be my dream come true and that's who I would like to fish with. Are you sweatin' yet Bill? HA
James wink

Original Creator: Ultimate Egg Cure

#115390 - 06/18/01 08:41 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Bill Herzog is kind of a "no brainer" Any self respecting steelheader would jump at the chance to spend a day with one of the greatest outdoors writers ever (he probably isn't too shabby of a fisherman either) Sooooooo, in the name of being origional, I won't say "Herzog", but just know that he's right up there on my list. I think that I'd probably like to fish with the guy they call " Hey Y'all " on this BB. He seems like one funny MOFO! I've never met the guy, he could be an absolute idiot for all I know, and with that whole "Red Neck" vibe he's got going, there's a better than even chance that a fishhing trip with Hey Y'all could very well turn into that whole "Squeal like a pig for me" scene from the movie "Deliverance" Any how, He seems funnier than hell, and would probably be a riot on any crowded stretch of river, I can only imagine some of the comments he'd through out to guys. Any way, I'm rambling, so i'll digress, but Hey Y'all does seem like a kick in the pants, even if there was a chance he'd try to make you "Squeal like a Pig". wink

#115391 - 06/18/01 04:44 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
LittleZoZo is da man. You guys want to talk about sweatin' bullets, somebody needs to tell him that I'm moving down to Oakville...actually already in and out of that place. So your dreams of squealing pigs and Osprey in pink leotards could come true...muh ha ha ha ha ha

Just don't bring apples or corn-on-the-cob since those things do a number on my one good chomper. Do you know any good show tunes, and how do you look in a sun dress? laugh

Shoot me an email anytime so you may have the pleasure of fishing with me. You have to put up with extraordinary, but true, fishing on the farm stories....LOL

Hey William the Impaler, I have pipe and travel..... err that's duct tape wink

TEAM GREEN

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#115392 - 06/20/01 12:44 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Now now james,
Don't jump the gun, you'd best better give kidsauk or RT a try before you step up to the big dog. Besides the thousands upon thousands of steelhead you have caught wouldn't compare to anyone on this forum!!
Keith

#115393 - 06/20/01 01:11 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
Wow ZoZo, sounds like you're starting the Mike and Mike fan club. Yall's fun to fish with, but he's not at true form unless you use a catalyst such as OS, Fly or RT. Actually I'm not positive about that one, since both times I've fished with him one of the others was around, but OS, Fly and RT are pretty damn funny also.

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#115394 - 06/20/01 09:20 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Oh, I dont' doubt one bit that Os, superfly, and RT are funny guys, and I would welcome the opportunity to fish with any of them, any time! I think that in order to stay as active on this BB as those guys do requires a sense of humor.... You can't run around being a total tight A$$, taking offense at everything that is said, or you wind up with a board like IFISH. These guys are the personalities that make this board worth coming to, and it wouldn't be the same without them. Many a time have I shut off the computer, laughing my ass off because of something that Osprey, Hey Y'all, RT, or Superfly posted. They all seem like funny guys, and I'm thankfull for the input that all of thm contribute to this board. That being said, I still think that Hey Y'all is the funniest!

#115395 - 06/20/01 10:42 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
He is the funniest.......and if he tries that "you look good in a sun dress" too......ooops never mind too late rolleyes...careful what you wish for......Os

NWO
Team Redneck

#115396 - 08/30/01 11:47 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
Let me see, I would fish with anyone who could teach my something. But I think I would go with James or Keith. Can you say close to home and smart?

Matt

#115397 - 08/31/01 11:28 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lets see, Pam Anderson comes to mind, I could show her a thing or two about fishing and she could show me a thing or two.
Seriously though I've been around 62 years now and I've seen 'em all. Enjoyed an almost celebrity status once myself years ago (TU once called me the most known Steelheader in the state, no brag, just fact) and I can tell ya that anyone of you could be the same as Zog and the others IF you dedicated yourself to the pursuit as he has along with others. If you can spend every single day of your life fishing, talking fish, floating rivers, walking banks, giving clinics etc, you could be just as good. I know because I did it. Yep it cost me a loving wife and family, can you spell divorce, but that's another story.
I've had some hero's through the years though and Zog is not one of them. I've seen him in action, he is good all right but so would you be if you lived his life.
John Thomas of the original "Fishing Holes" magazine was one of my hero's along with Buzz Ramzy, (sp)?, of Lure Jenson fame. These two guy's forgot more than I'll ever know and were doing it when Zog was still filling his diapers.
But most of all if I could fish with any man ever: it would be my DAD, He's been gone for 14 years now, and we never spent enough time together. I'd love to give him one last trip hooking those Kenai/Kasilof slabs or the buoy 10 hooknose. Pay attention guys, maybe those fishing hero's of yours are great but no one can ever replace good 'ol dad.

#115398 - 09/01/01 03:52 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Normally for sturgeon, I use smelt, but if I could fish with anyone, I'd put that Robinson woman from "The Weakest Link" on the end of my line and drop her to the bottom.

#115399 - 09/01/01 05:53 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Stevenbhow Offline
Parr

Definatley the Buddha or Jesus Christ. When your fly fishing for winter run steelhead divine intervention is a definate plus. cool

#115400 - 09/01/01 09:08 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Normally for sturgeon, I use smelt, but if I could fish with anyone, I'd put that Robinson woman from "The Weakest Link" on the end of my line and drop her to the bottom.

#115401 - 09/02/01 01:17 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
There's no reason to resort to name calling, that just shows how SMALL you really are! shocked mad

On a lighter note, I would like to fish with George dubbaya ("The Bass Pro") or Jennifer Aniston (lose that Pitt guy first!) rolleyes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (steely slammer, 2 invisible), 927 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |