THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115367 - 06/14/01 06:00 PM If you could fish with one person....
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
[Copied from ifish]
Who would it be and why? They can be famous, infamous, or just the regular joe. This seems like a good topic to open up since I got this idea from a question I've heard repeated at beauty pageants (I normally wouldn't watch these things as they are appalling ) They were asked "If you could eat dinner with one person, who would it be and why?" You get the picture. I'll reserve posting for now, and feel free to post as many as you like, but try to keep them into categories as to not clog this thread up, i.e.: if you've wanted to fish with Heidi Klum, but you've also wanted to fish with Tyra Banks...sorry, choose one since you used the supermodel category up.
--------------------

below is the synopsis I gathered from it on ifish.

Seems Jenna Jameson must be one hell of a rod holder as she got a resounding popular vote over there, especially from Team Vision and the N.W.O. ...lol

---------my reply, below, to the thread

"Great responses everyone, but Jenna would get picked hand over fisted by Trish Stratus as the fantasy fishing friend.
Fishhead5 - I got in trouble last time I directed someone with a link of that stature, so if you want to know who Jenna is...I say do a search on yahoo

Now the serious side: I'd want to fish with my Grandpa James. He wasn't my real grandfather, but my my "step-grandfather", but he took upon the role that proves you don't have to be biological to be a father to a kid, etc. He filled a role of a father figure, mentor, hero, and role model for we 3 young men: myself and my 2 younger brothers well before dad skipped town. He was the first person to take me fishing when I was 3, and he started a fire in me that continues to burn today, to be the best true sportsman that I can be, and to uphold mother nature and to respect her always.

I moved out here in July of 98 and it was tough leaving for I knew grandpa james was dying. After he became bed-ridden, I would send him letters in the mail telling him in great detail of my fishing adventures out here and would include pictures of the fish we would catch. I told him that since I grew up listening to all his fishing and hunting stories, that it was time to repay the favor since he could no longer get out there and do these things that he loved so much. He passed away on Sept. 16th of last year, and my dream fishing excursion would be me and my grandpa fishing together out here for king salmon. I always wanted to see the look on his face if he was able to fish out here, and to be healthy for one day to fully enjoy everything about this place. I think in my letters, we really did fish together in my stories as I knew he could just picture the scenery, the smell, and the excitement.

A tie for Grandpa James would be my Great-grandmother who is 94 or 95. She too lit that flame that gives me the passion to get outdoors and enjoy everything about it. She still is one of my favorite fishing partners whenever I go back home. You cannot beat her personality and her knack for catching fish...no matter where you fish. I just know she would pee herself if she fished out here for the "big rascals" as she likes to call the big fish that. I try to fish with her as often as I can when I visit since no one really ever takes her out fishing anymore. Always seems no one ever has any time, and I know it breaks her heart. The worst thing you can do to a fisherman is take away their opportunity to fish so remember that next time you feel you are too busy to spend time with those that are close to you....as those days could soon become lost and once they are lost, you can only dream about them."

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: Trish Stratus's Boy Toy ]

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#115368 - 06/15/01 12:53 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Personally, I'd like to fish with Bill Herzog once. I would love to see what all the hype is about. confused Not saying he isn't one of the best, because he has educated many and I have taken alot of what he has said and put it to use. But back in the day when he was a bigtime bait fisherman I would have loved to follow him down the river. Not to say I'm better or worse but to really see how good he is or was??? I know the many of recipies he has written about are just simple egg cures that don't get me too excited. I would love to fish any species around him and see what he's all about!!
Keith

#115369 - 06/15/01 01:01 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Cruise Control Offline
Fry

Loc: Walla Walla, WA
i'm going to have to 2nd you on that one! bill herzog is my idle! what i would do just fish once with him, man! and why? he's the best steelhead fisherman ever!

#115370 - 06/15/01 02:11 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
I will say this safely since My girlfriend likes to read this as well, I love fishing with her because she is good and loves it and listens, yes a woman that actually listens, a fine quality I must say.
Anyways I will say Jenna again, what a fine woman and what a threesome it would be with My girlfriend, Jenna and Myself, WOW smile cool sounds like alot of fun to me, no matter what the water conditions were I think we could all hook up!!!
And yes she is a team Vision favorite and hopefully our future spokes model cool cool
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#115371 - 06/15/01 02:42 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
I know everyone is dying to fish me, the 'Wonderful Sparkey.' Where else can you learn how to fall in the River gracefully on a daily basis, row Class III rapids backwards, pick out the worse of backlashes(also on a daily basis), go 0-14 on 'Nookies on plugs...

Plus there is more. I can teach you the best way to freespool down to Oil City when you are still at Morgans.

And we will finish up the day with a lesson on how to lose a toady 'Nook. It will be a a comprensive lecture on how to WAIT to set the hook until sombody yells "Set the hook" and you look down and see a 30# chinookie swimming around with your eggs and corky in his mouth. And then best of all the perfect manner in which to wiff on the hookset!!

A day with Sparkey is like a day with no other. And if we have time, I can give a quick rundown on how is the easiest, fastest and overall, best way, to get a restraining order filed against you. laugh

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: ReiterRat ]

#115372 - 06/15/01 02:58 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Ryan i thought you would say ANNGIE rolleyes Or maybe M******** or R****. laugh laugh TM

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: The Reel Timber Man ]

#115373 - 06/15/01 12:09 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I was suppose to fish with Herzog this spring, but ended up being out of country on that weekend. In any case, KidSauk fished with him and will probably back me up on this.

When it comes right down to it, what makes these legends so good is their ability to read water and their absolute knowledge of the rivers.

If you are a good fisherman now, and already know the techniques, Herzog probably won't teach you much. Where he excels is his knowledge of the river you are fishing on.

From what I've heard, Herzog knows *all* our rivers. All of them. Like the back of his hand. That knowledge is PRICELESS and only comes by fishing all the rivers over and over again.

Ok, granted Herzog is the Spoon Mater. Although I can catch fish on spoons, it's not one of my most confident techniques. I wanted to fish with Herzog for a spoon lesson from The Spoon Master. Regardless of how good you think you are at chucking spoons, Bill can probably teach you a thing or two. Fortunately, KidSauk passed that instruction on to me. smile

Also heard that Bill was a fun guy to fish with. Never fear though, I think I'm going to get the chance to salmon fish with Bill this fall. smile

But, to answer the question, I'd like to fish with Gee Dub. I'm not a big fan of the President, but any time anyone get's to fish with the President is pretty cool in my books.

Parker

#115374 - 06/15/01 12:09 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Timberman,
You took the words right out of my mouth.. laugh
Except for ***** would probably toss him.. shocked

#115375 - 06/15/01 01:12 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
berkley boy Offline
Fry

Loc: edgewood,wa usa
if i could fish with anyone in the whole whide world, it would be my recent exfiance, so that we could hang together and have fun..and talk about the things we used too..**berkley boy**

#115376 - 06/15/01 02:50 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Over the past 11 yrs. I've guided alot of big names, Sonic coach George Karl, baseball great Dave Kingman, Laker guard Brian Shaw, senators Frank Murkowski, Kit Bond, and Trent Lott, supreme court justice Antonin Scalia, actors Billy Crystal, Martin Milnor, and James Sikking and producer Steven Bochco, to name a few, there are other I can't think of right now. Other then Scalia I wasn't overly impressed by any of them, Crystal was a total jerk.
The only person I would really like to fish with would be my dad, we've fished together for 30+ yrs. but 2 months ago he was diagnosed with terminal lung/bone cancer and has maybe a yr. or 2 left. I'm just hoping we can get 1 more trip together. One last note, my dad quit smoking when he was 30, that was 33 yrs. ago, if you're a smoker don't think it can't happen to you.

#115377 - 06/15/01 03:22 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
My choice would be Jed Davis. I really enjoy fishing with spinners and I still have a huge assortment of Pen-Tac blades and bodies. Jed has since moved to eastern Washington and has taken up other pursuits but his knowledge of spinner fishing for steelhead is priceless. A day on the water with him would increase my knowledge of spinner fishing a 100-fold. My second choice might be Bill Herzog (for reasons already expressed) or perhaps Buzz Ramsey.

On a realistic note, fishing with Big Bob in Forks or on the Kenai Penninsula might actually be achievable (unlike my other choices). Perhaps someday soon....

#115378 - 06/15/01 03:43 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I could fish with anyone it would be, Ira yeager, just for the fact that he is from Bellingham and that he found that there were steelhead in the Skagit... But if not hime it would be Bill Hertzog and then in a close third Brittany Spears, in the Nude baiting my hook,,,lol

#115379 - 06/15/01 05:13 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Guys its Dad's day---so gotta say Dad

#115380 - 06/15/01 06:05 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Let me think I'd like to fish with Coho, Timber and Kid Sauk because they are the best fishermen I know. Their knowledge is so great that I .......... laugh O.K. O.K. just jokin guys. The guys I listed above are fun to fish with but I'd have to say if I had one person that would be my grandfather. By then time I got really into fishin he was to fragile from diabeties to go out any more and later passed away. As far as fishin with the guru's I got a couple of guides on my list for the future. As long as they are fun to fish with and are willing to teach me a few tricks.

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC boyz laugh

#115381 - 06/15/01 10:10 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
skyrise Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: snohomish, wa
1st, My dad or grandfather(both at home with the lord now). 2nd, one or both of my brothers. 3rd, my friends Ted & Ray. 4th, Jim Teeny, fished with him back in the late 70s. He is a class act, very generous and man can he spot and catch fish. And if was possible, I would like to fish again with Brian Ncourchuck again, alas he left this world too soon. Sparkey I was going to pick you but I better talk to Mike or Kent first.

#115382 - 06/15/01 10:54 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
The Real Spoonman Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
You guys are too much, man!

I'm with the gent from Bellingham. I'd love to fish with Ira Yeager. Man, the stories he could tell about fishing the Skagit during the heyday...wow.

I tell ya, I wish I could fish with my late Uncle Bob. he forgot more about spoon fishing than I ever knew, or will know. He could also fish for saltwater chinook like no one. Like the first guy in the thread, it would be wonderful to have a time machine and spend a day with a loved one now gone that was an inspiration during our youth. I suppose it's easy to take this for granted with our older living fishing relatives.

I'm really flattered that anyone would want to hang out with me on the water. Perhaps you guys could teach me something!!

Be well,
BH

#115383 - 06/16/01 12:23 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
salmontackler Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sunny Salmontackler Acres
Well another sappy reply(bad timing on this question y'all), I would fish with my grandfather. He died when I was 6 years old, so I never got a chance to fish with him. I have all of his old bamboo flyrods and many photos of him with stringers a mile long,(not sure he would get into the C & R thing of today), without question he would be the man I would fish with.

Happy Fathers Day!

#115384 - 06/16/01 12:24 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Bill,
Maybe we should hook up. I'd like to beleive that I could teach you something, perhaps alot.
Keith

#115385 - 06/16/01 12:49 AM Re: If you could fish with one person....
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
As much as I'd love to get learned up on spoon fishing by Zog, I'd never pass on a chance to fish with "gramps" just once more. While our quarry was more the likes of catfish and bluegills, rather than steelhead, it was still the most quality fishing time I've ever spent.

Hey, Zog, since gramps is gone and I don't think my wish here will be granted......how 'bout a spoon lesson? laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#115386 - 06/16/01 03:36 PM Re: If you could fish with one person....
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
I would like to fish again with my best and oldest friend "Chuck". Chuck is 20 years older then I am and still out fishes me most of the time. Chuck has taught me the passion of our sport and how to share it with others. I can not tell you how many times when we have been fishing, that he misses a bit or strike, and calls over to me "Bob cast right over there, I just missed one". Chuck has done this time and time again to strangers who just don't have the knack. His passion for other fellow fishermen and his unselfishness has influenced me and how I have treated and cared for my clients when I was a fishing guide.

Truly, every fisherman should have such a friend and teacher as "Chuck" When he's gone someday; I hope that I will someday be remembered as a "Chuck" to my fellow fishermen. Chuck is the kind of guy that you wished would be there to take your kids fishing if you weren't around someday to do it yourself.

Cowlitzfisherman,

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 838 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |