Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118976 - 08/11/01 01:18 PM Fishin Partner
'Head hunter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton, WA.
Well, here I am again on a Saturday Morning:
The partner & I had planned a nice day-trip on the Canal, looking for Chinook and perhaps some Pinks.
Got up early to prepare for the day, load the boat, etc., and wait for him to show.
8:00 rolls around, and he calls to say he cant make it today, maybe tomorrow or later in the day and offers some broke-**** lame-***** excuse, and wants to know the tides for tomorrow.
I swear hes got more excuses for not going fishing than a virgin on the verge.
I think I'm looking for a new partner, I've got the drift boat and river action covered, but the power boat is his deal. I'm gonna mutiny for the next better deal to come along.
This really sux.
E-mail me.

#118977 - 08/12/01 09:47 AM Re: Fishin Partner
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
That's not a fishing partner--that's a fishing tourist. Charge him admission.

Back in May my fishing buddy in Bellingham left for Eugene and I've been flailing the rivers up here alone ever since, although several guys continually say they'd love to get out fishing together...when it comes right down to it, they'd rather get their lawns mowed and decks painted than clock a couple days off island chasing anadromous Annies...

I can't imagine there's be any shortage of anglers looking for a float this time of year... rolleyes

#118978 - 08/12/01 11:35 AM Re: Fishin Partner
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
Sorry to hear that Head hunter. I have a partner that in over 10 years of fishing togeather has never been late. Always first in line when I say fish on. Most of the time he jumps out and pays more than his share.

Heck he even helps wash the sled or drift boat out when we get home. I just know if you look around there is many more just like mine out there for ya. Now if I can only teach him to net.. laugh laugh laugh

#118979 - 08/12/01 10:28 PM Re: Fishin Partner
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
What kind of partner is that? Well... once I had this fishing partner, who thought he was a fishing partner, but wasn't really a fishing partner. Went to pick him up at his house so we could go fishing. Long story made short, he was still sleeping!!! Had to wake him up, were late to the river, lost our favorite fishing hole. Hmmm... hope everyone can hang onto a good partner.

Matt

#118980 - 08/13/01 12:36 AM Re: Fishin Partner
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hi Headhunter,

Been there before as well. I have an 18' Seaswirl powerboat, and know a bit about fishing the salt. I also have a stack of kitchen passes from the wife because I remodeled our house last year by myself during hunting season, so going out fishing is not an issue at my house.

I have had the hardest time getting folks to go out fishing this year as well. Let me know if you want to head out sometime in trade for a river trip. I live nearby, McCleary, so if Chehalis River sturgeon or a 30+ silver day at Sekiu sounds like your kind of fun, let me know.

Best of luck,

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#118981 - 08/13/01 12:37 AM Re: Fishin Partner
Anonymous
Unregistered

If your ever on the OP and need a partner Id be happy to go. I fish alone 90% of the time and its nice to have someone along to take pics once in a while. Just kidding.

No really if you come out and whant to to the bank thing or have an extra seat in the boat id like to come along.

I dont have a boat and dont pass up many float trips.

So next time you come out here and have an extra seat let me know.

#118982 - 08/13/01 12:48 AM Re: Fishin Partner
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Hey Rich,

I am headed up to Sekiu with one of my "cop" friends to fish the 17th through 19th. Be happy to trade your info of the area for a seat on my boat. I'll only be about 25 miles or so from you that weekend, so if you want to head out before or after one of your shifts, let me know. I will also be storing my boat up there after this next trip as I plan on hitting Sekiu through the end of September.

Andy

#118983 - 08/13/01 01:03 AM Re: Fishin Partner
Ratherbfishin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bainbridge Island, WA USA
Head Hunter that is always a drag. I consider myself lucky to have a great fishing partner who asks me to go more times then I can make it, but I least i tell him days in advance if can't go. When I do go, I am ready on time. Being transportationaly challenged (no vehicle, thats another story) i am very appreciative of the fact that he is always asking me to go. I do not understnd the dim*&%^* who say they will go and then back out on the very morning. Sigh........

Some folks just don't understand, and then there is other guys (gals too!) who would give up a right nut (girls?) to be invited by someone with a boat and know-how. Hope you find some folks like those.

-rbf

#118984 - 08/13/01 01:34 AM Re: Fishin Partner
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weekends can be buisy for me with work and all. It just depends how much sleep I get and if I get called out. I work from 6pm to 2am and Im on call till 6am. Just ask Kid Sauk what happened when we were suposed to go out on a sunday morning last april. I hate to make early morning fishing plans on the weekends you just never know what will happen. But a late morning thing could work.

#118985 - 08/13/01 02:45 AM Re: Fishin Partner
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Been there before. I remember how a "simple" Friday night could keep you away from home until 8 the next morning. I'll e-mail you later this week and let you know how to get in touch with me when I'm up there. Andy

#118986 - 08/13/01 01:37 PM Re: Fishin Partner
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Hey Rich G, don't worry about that day - The Kid whined all morning about how "sick" he was feeling so we never did go fishing that day! frown Besides, the rivers were slow enough that I don't think we missed too much!

Sad to report that I still can't hook a fish with your Secret Jig! Must be an OP-specific jig. wink

Parker

#118987 - 08/13/01 04:21 PM Re: Fishin Partner
'Head hunter Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton, WA.
I have the drift boat; a 17' x 48" 'Glass model, and it works great. Because its a 48" bottom, its a little tippy, and sits alittle deeper in the water. I'm fully rigged and ready to go at almost a moment's notice. I'm pretty good on the sticks, and dont hit too much stuff too often wink .
The power boat is his, a 19' Glassply, w/ I/O, and a 8 hp kicker. He's said I can use it, but I cant go solo; it takes 2 people to re-load onto the trlr and re-spot it back here. Which is pretty good of him, really.
I guess I shouldnt be so critical, because he works a nite shift, and Sat AM is sorta tough, on the other hand dont make a commitment you cant or dont intend to keep. Where the problem lies is that If Ive made plans to fish, I dont have a fall-back.
Dogfish, E-mail me. I cant seem to find your address. Mine's in the profile.
Rich G., we'll get together next time I can make the Forks area.

#118988 - 08/13/01 04:43 PM Re: Fishin Partner
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
RICH G,

Whassup, man? Glad to hear that you've been finding some steelies out your way. Too bad we didn't get a chance to fish together last time as I ended up sicker than a dog. I will be out in your neck of the woods for the better part of October and I'm sure that we'll get you up in the front seat of my boat. Just rest up in the mean time and be ready for the big fall Kingers. We're gonna smoke 'em eek

Justin

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Kid Sauk ]

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#118989 - 08/13/01 06:59 PM Re: Fishin Partner
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

HH,

I fixed my profile, so it should be visible now. Andy

#118990 - 08/13/01 09:50 PM Re: Fishin Partner
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kid,

What are you gonna be doin out here in October?

October is a good month almost as good as September. Ill be ready. I want to hook up on some of those big black oil rags in the worst way. Fun to catch but back in the water they go, for me anyway.

Parker,

I have a better secret jig than that one.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 801 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |