Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119225 - 08/16/01 02:14 PM Hey Dogfish
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Did I read in one of your previous posts that you will be in Sekiu this weekend?

If so, what does your boat look like? I will be there also in a Van Riper's kicker boat. I'll keep an eye out for you. Maybe we could meet up out on the water, and shoot the breeze, trade techniques etc... Good luck to you if we don't meet up. smile

Mark

#119226 - 08/16/01 03:32 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hi Mark,

I will be heading up there tomorrow morning, fishing Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.

My boat is an 18' Seaswirl bowrider with a large blue stripe down the side, Suzuki motors, a grey/gray canvas top, and two Penn 600 downriggers. The boat's name is NEPENTHE, which is the sophisticated version of HAKUNA MATTATA, no worries. I'll be the guy in the dark green ballcap with the fish on the end of my rod.

I'd be happy to meet up with you. How much does it cost to rent one of those kickers? I know the Olson's boats are red/white, but what colors are the Van Rippers boats? I've alway wondered what I would do if my boat went tits up, but the fish were in.

I'll be at the Coho resort in the tent area, just look for a blue explorer and a blue chevy p/u.

Best of luck. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#119227 - 08/16/01 03:38 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Okay 4Salt,

Just what kind of videos are you editing? eek eek eek I gotta know. smile

Andy

#119228 - 08/16/01 04:15 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Andy,

Not sure what color the Van Riper's boats are. This is the first time I've rented one. I sold my boat a couple of years ago, and have become mainly a river fisherman. I've still got a 15 horse outboard, and Van Riper rents 16' kicker boats without motor for $30 a day. I'll be there with my wife, and brother-in-law. I got the straits bug 2 weeks ago when we went to Neah bay with my neighbor in his 23 footer. We slayed, just like the good old days when I used to take my boat up there. I remebered that the fishing at Sekiu is just a short hop from the ramp, so that's how I got the idea to rent the kicker. We'll be camped at Van Riper's in a 95 Chevy (black & silver) 4X4, with a 10' S&S camper on back. The production company I work for does series for Discovery channel, TLC, HGTV etc...

Anyways, I hope to run into you up there, it's always nice to meet other board members while out fishing. We get there Fri. night, and leave Sun. evening.

Mark

#119229 - 08/16/01 04:23 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Blyn, WA
I was a little worried after fishing Pillar Point last Sunday (in thick fog) and having a relatively slow day... 16 fish, only two keepers.
But I heard yesterday that it's picked right up again, coho, kings, and pinks, it was really hot on Tuesday, I guess. You guys should do well, I'm going to try and get out there in Sunday, too.
FYI last Sunday, the bait was running bigger than it had been previously (when it was all 3" stuff) so don't be afraid to use plugs, big spoons, or green herring if that's what you've got.

-N.

#119230 - 08/16/01 04:37 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks for the info StorminN.

I'll be bringing fresh herring that I get at Bud's bait near the Edmonds ferry. 2 weeks ago, It didn't matter what you threw over the side. Coyote spoons worked just as well as the herring. The pinks were EVERYWHERE. They were taking cut-plugs just as well as the coho and kings were. Hopefully some of those bigger clipped silvers will be around.

#119231 - 08/16/01 05:36 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I bought 5 dozen greens today, and will be cutting and brining tonight. They should be nice and firm by tomorrow morning. I will also bring the other "usual suspects", but when my methods produce so many fish, I find it hard to change.

Do you guys carry FRS radios? I will bring mine, maybe use channel 8 in case you guys have soem of those Cobras. I get all channels, plus the sub codes, so if ya got 'em, bring 'em.

#119232 - 08/16/01 10:43 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Bait is cut and brining. Truck is loaded. Boat is gassed up, and so am I!

Look forward to meeting some of you guys up there.

Rich G... I have nobody else on the boat for Sunday morning. It would be a short trip, because I need to be off of the water by 9:00am or so, but we could get in about 4 hours of good fishing time. Give me a call on my cell # sent to you by email if you are interested.

HUNTER <---- (this is my son's first attempt at typing)

Be safe, have fun, catch fish.

Andy

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., 1 invisible), 968 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |