Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123755 - 10/22/01 09:24 PM Re: Dungeness
Anonymous
Unregistered

After the Summerrun article on the Clawah in STS it was the most crowded I ever saw it on opening day. There was never anybody there in Sept and Oct but now there are.

#123756 - 10/22/01 09:40 PM Re: Dungeness
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh wink Hey Pokey welcome back! wink laugh Missed ya! Nice play on words.
More Later

Gooose laugh

#123757 - 10/22/01 10:28 PM Re: Dungeness
FSHN4FUN Offline
Fry

Loc: Kitsap County
Can someone please give me the exact directions to the river. I do not snag and rarely catch many fish!!! LOL laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh : rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

#123758 - 10/22/01 11:11 PM Re: Dungeness
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sure ain't givin directions how to drive there rolleyes been chastised enough.

Aunty M you spoiled my fun...I was goin to post a thread about how I was secretly slayin great big beautiful chrome pigs about ten miles up the Hama Hama frown wink ! Would have been fun to check out the results eek .

I personally love fishing small rivers...grew up on them. I know of a bunch down in my old stompin grounds down around the Willapa and Grays Harbor. They don't receive huge hatchery plants so no crowds and they've got good fish in them. BK you won't hear a peep from me about these unspoilt virgin waters unless it's a private invite. I've made several to members of this BB already. The article you referred to was pretty much right on but I don't see it being relevant to the hatchery fed zoo rivers we're talkin about. They sadly lost their viginity long before my posts. Rich G please note my caution in replying by e-mail to your query re: SR Cutts? I also don't go blabbin about someone else's special fishin spots....only ones I refer to already have a crowd and adding one or 2500(really?) more won't change things...a zoo is a zoo.

As for attracting snaggers gawd I hope not....was hoping my neoprenes would scare them off eek. As for fishin in a crowd of them...well I can't help it I dearly love puttin the iron to large chromers and so tolerate them to a point.

Peace to all...well amost

Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose laugh

#123759 - 10/22/01 11:28 PM Re: Dungeness
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Sorry Goose...
I agree with not posting. If someone wants info they can ask and others can send it via email if they want. The Dungee is crowded because of reports from the media and internet. It wasn't nearly this bad last year, and its becoming a close second to the Quil. SNAGGERS ARE EVERYWHERE AND THE FISH ARE TIGHT LIPPED BECAUSE OF IT. I have seen several chums on the beach, people with 5 fish on a stringer (all foul hooked)still fishing, people casting 4/0 trebles with yarn on them...(like the yarn will fool the wdf officers!)... MORONS. I have seen more of this in three days on the river this year than ALL last year. I watched a guy try and snag about a 30 lb king sitting all by itself behind a rock. I hope they either enforce it, or close it. Land owners are getting sick of the traffic and parking nightmares already. Lower the limit back to 2 fish and it will lessen the pressure. Try and respect what too much exposure can do to any fishery, large or small.

#123760 - 10/22/01 11:37 PM Re: Dungeness
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
I have to agree with with the nay sayers on this one, I was talking with a certain Bill who I happend to meet on a river when I was a pot smoking highschool kid and we just so happend to still like fishing the certain places of solitude until Mr. Dunnington came along and started naming people places and things in STS and started the downward spiral of fishing on these small tribs which cannot take the populous of metro seattle visiting them each and every weekend. So I say to Mr. Dunnington Keep your aligator mouth shut before it overloads your canary ass.
Goose is a great guy and the dungy is no secret, I sure don't think people are going to be flocking there when every stream around, especially the cowlitz, Lewis and Kalama are totally loaded with fish and have very liberal limits, so lets get off of goose's ass and on to something better.
Like Vicodin !!!!!!!
Peace Superfly laugh laugh

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#123761 - 10/23/01 12:02 AM Re: Dungeness
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Kinda funny reading about what Tony and Bill say about each other. Being a writer is a tough position to be in. If you don't write good stuff, you don't sell articles. If you do write good stuff, people get pissed about you writing about "their" rivers. Not a position I want to be in.

All I know is anybody driving 2 or 3 hours is crazy, because there are fish to be had all over the place. Why the hell would you drive all the way to the Dungy when there are fish close to home?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#123762 - 10/23/01 12:23 AM Re: Dungeness
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
I dont see a problem with giving reports about the rivers you fish and the techniques that you use-in fact I gladly welcome it! Just as long as it doesnt involve my rivers with my techniques!! rolleyes

#123764 - 10/23/01 01:02 AM Re: Dungeness
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Hey Sparky, thats pretty unfair. I know where you like to hide out in the summer. You know the guy you filled in for, he likes it too. I bet you wouldn't be too happy if I started telling people where I've had great days too. My 7 weight wouldn't get bent in half as often if I did that. Get my point? Sorry Goose for singling you out, its something that has bothered my for quite some time about the WWW, not just Bobs site. Don't people get a kick out of finding their own honey holes anymore! I was just trying to prove that added advertisement does raise the fishing pressure on rivers.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#123765 - 10/23/01 01:04 AM Re: Dungeness
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aunty M I only posted there a couple of times regarding my Anti-snagging tilting at windmills agenda and don't know what you're referring to? If there's e-mail flowin behind the scenes I'd appreciate being in the loop?
Geez this BB is enough for me, don't have the time to participate in those others....at least some comments are helping me with my weight loss program by taking big bites out my butt.

Not in favor of closing any river because of snagging. Even with the special permit program we'd have these idiots to deal with. Still there's merit in parts of those thoughts. Still I ain't goin to lead the crusade again unless asked and I'm probably not the one who should lead it. Old Indian told me that once a dead horse started to smell they'd get off it and find another.

This certainly turned into an interesting dialogue....peace to nearly all.

Always FishOn!
Gooose

laugh

p.s. just slayed them on the Quil after work

#123766 - 10/23/01 01:06 AM Re: Dungeness
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Oh and Aunty, how is that going to stop snaggers? They are breaking the law already. What would stop them from fishing anyways without going to this so called coarse.

Vision Pro Staff

#123767 - 10/23/01 01:17 AM Re: Dungeness
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

BK-
I was just being sarcastic. My personel opinion on the whole matter is that I dont like it when I see a favorite place talked about on the net or in a publication and after learning my lesson (many times) I keep my mouth shut about certain places.

But on the other hand, you have to give some credit to peope who dont mind writing about their favorite spot (as long as its not mine also laugh ). But only if they do it because they are deep down a generous person and not because they are trying to make a buck which is believe to be the case more often then not when it comes to publications.

And with Goose...thats all this thread was to him-a chance to be kind and generous and give a good report regarding a river to help out others.

#123768 - 10/23/01 01:17 AM Re: Dungeness
Anonymous
Unregistered

BK
F&H News once asked my dad to be a rep for the Grays Harbor area. Turned them down cold ...he believed that over half of fishin and huntin is learnin the spots & techs yourself...that's what he taught me. If you notice I only talk about places that have a crowd and so there ain't much to learn. Shoot I even kept the exact location of my favorite spot on the Quil a secret! Superfly and company know where it is but that's as far as I went. Have no problem with your comments at all...they were righteous.

Gooose laugh

#123769 - 10/23/01 01:28 AM Re: Dungeness
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Goose its cool man, we're on the same wavelenght! My posts kind of came out a bit cranky. I have noticed this exact same phenominon on a river in my neck of the woods and it really pissed me off. Here I was on a river trying to find a piece of water that hadn't had the **** beat out of it, when 2 years prior it was the same elite anglers all the time.

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: BK ]

Vision Pro Staff

#123770 - 10/23/01 02:54 AM Re: Dungeness
Todd B. Offline
Fry

Loc: sequim,wa
I agree that the snagging and fishing pressure has gotten a lot worse on the Quil and Dungy the past few years. The 4 fish limit has, in my opinion, had the largest impact.

One thing I can't figure out is why so many people in Western Washington break the rules. I moved to Sequim 5 years ago from Eastern WA where I fished for trout and walleye in the lakes and smallmouth bass while whitewater rafting with my dad in Idaho and very seldom, if ever, saw people abusing the rules. It just don't get it. rolleyes

#123771 - 10/23/01 02:56 AM Re: Dungeness
Todd B. Offline
Fry

Loc: sequim,wa
I agree that the snagging and fishing pressure has gotten a lot worse on the Quil and Dungy the past few years. The 4 fish limit has, in my opinion, had the largest impact.

One thing I can't figure out is why so many people in Western Washington break the rules. I moved to Sequim 5 years ago from Eastern WA where I fished for trout and walleye in the lakes and smallmouth bass while whitewater rafting with my dad in Idaho and very seldom, if ever, saw people abusing the rules. It just don't get it. rolleyes

#123772 - 10/23/01 03:29 AM Re: Dungeness
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thats because the rednecks of E. Wa. have yet to find out how to snag a walleye.

#123773 - 10/23/01 03:33 AM Re: Dungeness
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Sad thing isn't it. It's about the only time of year you see the Team Zebco ripping on them kegged up salmon. Cast, rip, cast, rip. "Oh there he is, right on dude another one right in the A$$!" laugh We need more fishcops or a right to make a civilian's arrest, when you see people snagging. Anyone ever see a gunfight between snaggers, it's about the only time I think it should be legal.. laugh Had a little of that down here on the lewis last year.

Challenged,
You are correct about what Herzog and Bob have done, and you'd better beleive I don't share my zipperlips except with friends. wink
How bout that Cowlitz!!!
:p
Keith

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

#123774 - 10/23/01 02:09 PM Re: Dungeness
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
There is a ton of ideas like Aunty M's that work great in theory, but in all reality everything comes back to enforcement, or the lack there of. The quandry we are always in, whether it be fishing, or hunting, is that we are continually bombarded with more restrictions year after year, but any of them only work if someone is there to witness it, and respond with tickets, confiscations, etc.
You can have all the rules you want, but it's just some ink on a piece of paper in file drawer in Olympia without people in the field enforcing it.

As for you RPetzold, it sounds like the majority of snagging 'rednecks' actually reside on the WEST side..... wink

And besides, only BassMaster Tour rejects fish for walleye laugh

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: backlash2 ]

#123775 - 10/24/01 01:07 AM Re: Dungeness
Anonymous
Unregistered

BK laugh...I've been known too get a little cranky also. Tried to avoid it as much as possible on this thread....I'm sworn to friendly thoughts until this flotilla thing is over...don't want any bad karmic kujo vibes causin the weather/fishin gods to ruin the 27th on the Sop! After that the Bad Gooose may return...especially if my posts are ever again haunted by a certain reincarnated Californian! I'll even admit to being partial to southern women...especially that blonde in RT's pic! The other gal...while very cute is dangerous...father is known to have warned several eligible bachelors already of bodily harm eek .

Hey guys and gals...now the threads turned into a snagger discussion ....hate to be an evangelist but here goes. Any chance of a focused single discussion thread on this or a seperate BB like WSC? It's an issue as huge as wild steelhead....lookin for thoughts?

Everyone Peace
laugh (even if you're from Elk Grove but won't admit it )

Always FishOn!
Gooose laugh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |