Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124778 - 10/30/01 05:37 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Hey ZoZo welcome back........So how do you really feel?

Why do we beat this Dead Horse?
............Os

#124779 - 10/30/01 05:42 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
The glue factory called. The horse is already off to processing.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#124780 - 10/30/01 06:49 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
DriftWood Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma, Wa, USA
That was beautiful ZOZO, welcome back. laugh

#124782 - 10/30/01 06:59 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
WOW!!! eek eek eek eek

#124783 - 10/30/01 07:28 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hi ZOZO,

I was thinking about you the other day and how I hadn't seen any post from you lately.

I like the way you just let go, no holds barred, damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. I can't say that I entirely agree with every position that you take, but I agree with enough of them. Ya got guts to say what you just said, I'll give you that much.

Now tell me how you really feel, don't candycoat the issue. Okay?

All kidding aside, welcome back from your hiatus (sp?, don't want to offend the spellchecker).

Now then, if we could only channel that energy for a greater good.

Thanks for the entertainment, Zozo. You crack me up. smile

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#124784 - 10/30/01 10:19 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
I can't stand discussing tribal netting anymore either, it just makes a person pissed.

Yalls got balls zoo zoo. Don't know if I would have phrased it quite the same, though.
eek smile

#124785 - 10/30/01 10:53 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
scootter Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: grayland
The tribes actions are shamefull. But what i do not understand is everyone bashing the WDF. It is a federal issue. The only way we can change things is by letting our senators and congresspeople no that we will not vote for them so long as they contiue to let this happen. There are more fishermen in this state than indians. We may not have the money but when you talk about a 100,000 votes it just might make them wake up. The WDF is on our side they just can not do anything about it. State and federal law prevents them. In short taking it out on the WDF will get you know where period. If you are really mad start writing to the feds.

#124786 - 10/30/01 11:40 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Won't let the fish go upstream to spawn because of the smell? Sheesh! What's going to happen with salmon restoration efforts in the Seattle/Tacoma area if that's a concern?
I thought the Hoodsport hatchery got all of its water from a well so there shouldn't be a disease concern which would be the only valid reason for this practice.

Here's an idea for discussion. If these eggs are worth big bucks then why not allow the excess to be harvested to strictly support salmon/steelhead enhancement/restoration efforts by local groups? Funds from the sale of these eggs would also be used to pay for transporting the unwanted carcasses into the upper watersheds for nutrient supplementation.

"Best of the Best"
Team TopGun

Gooose laugh

#124787 - 11/28/01 07:18 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
the420framer Offline
Egg

Loc: olympia washington
you should fish the skok. i like seeing how many of the nets and palm sized treble hooks i can find. one day off of purdy creek cut off road i pulled 4 old nets out of the water and there was one i couldnt get to. all of them stacked full of kings and silvers. someone told me that cleaning up the nets in the river is illegal and i can get a ticket for taking the nets out?? dont know if its true but it probably is. twice this fall i seen piles of salmon with over 200 fish in them and one of them had atleast 500. all females and all missing the eggs of course. but if you just go fishing with me on any day i can find a pile of 10 or 20 like it was nothing. and i can take you to see 5 or 6 indians working the good holes with the huge treble hook. my favorite one is the little white kid. he will snag one about every cast and if its a male he gets pissed and shakes it around until it gets ripped off the hook. then he kicks it back in the water(if he doesnt decide to stab it and throw it on the bank, and yes the kid does that too) well i hate indians and could go on and on but i wanna start in on everyone else now. how many times have you gone to a busy spot to see some redneck with an almost empty half rack just pitching his beer cans and whatever else in the river? or howbout them damn styrofoam containers that hold worms? im damn tired of picking up after these people too. i fill a black trash bag every time i go to the skokomish river. and every time i go to the river i never see anyone else packing out trash (theirs or someone elses) so i dont feel these people can really complain about litter. if you aint helping youre part of the problem. and before i get out i just wanna say that the news doesnt care about the indians raping the salmon runs. i emailed them after they did their little bit about the chums simming across the roads when we flooded and they showed all the people throwing them back in the river. i told them that i could take them to a spot right down the road from where they just did that report and i could show them 500 gutted female salmon. not a word was emailed back to me. i told them i got video of indians snagging and netting just for the eggs. again nothing. they dont care. no one really does. atleast not someone high enough up the political ladder to do anything about it. just do what i do throw rocks at the little injuns

#124789 - 11/28/01 08:41 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Just a little curve ball.

Believe it or not I actually was so curious about why these eggs were in such demand that I tried some last week. I ran in to a fellow fisherman that raved about the taste. It just so happened that he had a jar all ready to go. Being one to try any food I took my beer cap (my first beer mind you) and scooped some out and chewed em up.

Trust me on this one they aren't all that and no I would not ever try them again, even if someone tried to convince me that they have a better brine!

Lucky for me I had a chaser, but not before tasting the true essence of those nasty buggers.

My opinion is why waste such a great bait!

FJ...out.

#124790 - 11/28/01 09:04 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I agree with the point that someone made above that WDFW is NOT the agency to bash on here. They have no jurisdiction to do anything about tribal fisheries, especially a legal one (disgusting, yes, illegal, no).

Here's a possible angle, though. If fish are removed from a net, stripped, and tossed back in, the boat that they are tossed out of may be a "point source" under the Clean Water Act. As such, it would need a permit from the EPA to discharge a "pollutant" (fish carcasses) into a navigable waterway (Hood Canal).

The CWA is, of course, a federal law, and does indeed apply to the tribes.

Anyone know any attorneys at the Department of Justice? Anyone feel like making a citizen complaint under the Clean Water Act to force the EPA to regulate the dumping of salmon carcasses from tribal fishing boats?

Mike, this seems more up the RFA's alley than mine. Any interest?

Just a thought. I know the WDFW/AGO has considered regulating net pens as point sources under the CWA due to the waste produced by fish in the pens. This seems even more obvious.

Maybe someone ought to try the Attorney General's Office and see if they can bend an ear.

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#124791 - 11/28/01 09:19 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Mike Gilchrist Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Federal Way
Interesting idea, but I don't think it would be my first option, more like a last ditch effort. I believe there are laws about the wastage of fish at the federal level as well.

#124792 - 11/28/01 10:36 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
The skokes are the biggest abuser of the hood canal there is.The white commercial fisherman in bed with the state is second.When I was a kid my dad took me down to the skoke salmon fishing and I wandered off on my own,fishing.came upon a group of indians snagging salmon.I was too young to know that was what they were doing,but they were.Innocent as I was I wandered up and said hi.after a brief manhandling,and being threanted with death, I ran back to my dad,crying.I have seen them up at holman flats litterally filling the river with a week or twos camping trash.I have seen them up blasting deer in the middle of summer.Ihave driven through the reservation on a friday going camping with pops.stopped and tried to buy a salmon from a skoke with a truck full and denied,only to come back through sunday to see the salmon in the back of the same truck rotten.The list goes on.I havent fished any of those fisheries in so long just because of these things.I known what to expect.I have already been on the front page of the local paper pointing fingers and crying did no good.Don't take this wrong guys but a soon as the chum run dies you guys from across the puddle will forget most of it anyways.I like to know how many of the chums that get taken home buy fishermen get eaten anyways.Anybody that really cares should talk to Drew he has a better pipe dream.PEACE

#124793 - 11/28/01 10:56 PM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
thanks ZoZo... finally someone has the balls to say what most people are thinking but no one wants to come out and say!!! I would have loved to bring that point up, but i tend to get jumped on, there are a few people here with their drags set too tight.

#124794 - 11/29/01 12:12 AM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
KSR, you're new here..... Welcome to the board. Over time you'll see that I am one of the more opinionated members on this board. The way I see it, that's what the BB is for. It's a good place to air our opinions and to get things off of our collective chest. Sometimes I'll say something and everyone else on the BB will be like "Hell yeah! Way to go Zozo!" Other times I'll say something and everyone else will be like "Oh you filthy *******, Zozo. Someone ought to shoot you!" Thats the risk you take when you throw your honest opinion up in a public forum.... You always run the risk that someone might not agree with you. It's all good though, That's what makes this board interesting, all of the different opinions and viewpoints that are being expressed.

#124795 - 11/29/01 12:12 AM Re: Tribes Wasting Fish
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
I have seen the same thing in lake washington and called f&w on 3 seperate occasions but and they said they might send someone if they they have people in the area. it makes me sick.
Tyler

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 980 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |