Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129070 - 12/03/01 03:54 PM snagging
fishen fool Offline
Fry

Loc: Albany,OR
RT, first off I don,t keep snagged fish, I do a lot of catch and release of summer fish, and by your own admission the survival of c and r is less for these than that of snagged fish. I assume that we are talking about hatchery fish here. The manager of the hatchery on the river that I fish on actually get's mad when people release fish as he wants all the fish kept so he won't have to mess with them at the hatchery. I think that my poiint is that I don't understand how keeping a snagged fish (accidently snagged) would harm a artifical run. Just wondering.

#129071 - 12/03/01 04:10 PM Re: snagging
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I for one, would just like to say that I will not be contributing any more posts concerning snagging, lining, or poaching of fish for a while.... I've done blown my wad as far as this subject is concerned....... Hey! We haven't picked on tribal netters in a while, why dont we ***** about them, or maybe we could ***** about the non-tribal comercial boys, or the dams..... Hey, better yet, let's just talk about the POSITIVE aspects of fishing for a change. Let's talk about the things we have in COMMON, the things that BIND us together as fishermen. After all, we must get at least SOME enjoyment out of this sport...... Dont we?

#129072 - 12/03/01 04:42 PM Re: snagging
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Fishen fool,

At the risk of continuing to beat this dead horse, there are many obvious reasons expressed in the other threads. Let's for a minute forget all the rest of them and concentrate on only one. IT'S THE LAW

#129073 - 12/03/01 06:22 PM Re: snagging
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Yeah, well so is sending in your Washington sales tax on items that you buy tax-free in Oregon but I betcha you don't do that. :p

As an anecdote to the above the State of Washington ran several ads in the Columbian reminding Washingtonians that they needed to send in their sales taxes on all taxable items purchased over the border in Oregon. One person send in less tha $50. laugh

#129074 - 12/03/01 06:25 PM Re: snagging
SeaMeantGuy Offline
Fry

Loc: localrivers&streams
Word to 4Salt ! laugh I think the LAW, ultimately is the one thing that does matter in this case. Excess runs or not, everyone has to play by the same rules. On my last to trips to the Lewis I witnessed some crazy stuff! I had to convince 2 differnt groups of people that is was not o.k. to throw into the hatchery pond. They just kind of looked at me, untill I repeated myself. One old guy had these kids amazed at how he caught a fish on each cast. Not to hard with lead melted over the ends of 5/0 treble hooks. On dude's last cast he hooks into what we were searching for... chromers. mad mad He wrecked my trip while he was on his way home. I don't care if they put these dead silvers back or not, it was the intention of him to harm as many of these fish as he could. The same fish you or I could legally hook and keep. Cat food or not.. not fair to the rest of the fishing world. We all buy licenses and tags (hopefully, cuz that's a whole different issue), so we should all abide by the same sets of rules. If you can't get a fish to bite legally, ask. I or one of my buddies will set you up and get you fishin like the rest of us. laugh

Chris cool

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: SeaMeantGuy ]

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: SeaMeantGuy ]

#129075 - 12/03/01 06:45 PM Re: snagging
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Here we go again with the justifications? I've never puchased anything but food and gas in Oregon (no sales tax is pretty cool though) I'm tired. I think I'll take my ball and go home now. :p

#129076 - 12/03/01 06:50 PM Re: snagging
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Dave, you make a good point, but I make a better one:

Money can be replaced; life cannot.

Besides, all the Oregonians that pass through our state have raised our insurance costs enough wink

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#129077 - 12/03/01 06:53 PM Re: snagging
SeaMeantGuy Offline
Fry

4Salt-
I'm new, refreshed, ready to sub in for ya, and you can even trust me to bring the ball back laugh , I'm on your side! NO sales tax is pretty cool, high property and work taxes are not!

Chris cool

#129078 - 12/03/01 07:12 PM Re: snagging
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks SeaMeantGuy.

Hey, since you're fresh and ready for battle, I've got this huge load of firewood that needs splitting... laugh

#129079 - 12/03/01 07:26 PM Re: snagging
Firma LaDuce Offline
Alevin

Loc: NW rivers
I haven't been registed for long on here but I have read this and other fishing boards for awhile. I have been following the confession and snagging topics and can't sit by any longer. I have to say I am really amazed to see on a sportfishing website a few guys actually trying to defend keeping snagged fish! It almost leaves me at a loss for words. It seems that only a little over half the posters seemed to have the right attitude about the whole thing. I just hope that the silent majority that haven't spoken up don't approve of unlawfully keeping snagged salmon or steelhead. I hope so so much that I had to post. ONe guy even said the confession guy couldn't tell he had a bite or a rub as if that were a worthy defense. That post stunk becasue everyone can tell if it's snagged when it's brought into shore! What about you other people like me that don't post much either? How do you think about this thing? I haven't seen any moderators post their opinions either. Do we have a sportfishing board here or what?

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Firma LaDuce ]

#129080 - 12/03/01 07:41 PM Re: snagging
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Firma,

This topic has been around the board many times previous to this, and I just get tired of typing, being the awful typist that I am. I'm only good for a little typing each day, and if I was to get all long-winded, I wouldn't have any left to post anywhere else. eek

Yep, I'd say this horse is nice and dead given the beatings it's taken over the years. laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#129081 - 12/03/01 07:49 PM Re: snagging
SeaMeantGuy Offline
Fry

My achin arms........ :p No more work..... must fish.......

Chris cool

#129082 - 12/04/01 12:54 AM Re: snagging
Dr Pepper Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Sequim, Washington
Firma I usually don't say anything because I don't want to contribute to snagging threads. Yet for some reason I still have to click on it smile . The majority of the people here aren't snaggers that I see. The regulars that have been here for a long time probably aren't snaggers. Ah forget it! I'm tired of talking about snagging! I'm only going to post on "getting fish to bite" kind of threads instead of "snagging" threads.

~ Dr Pepper

http://www.steelheader.net

#129083 - 12/04/01 08:32 AM Re: snagging
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
same people, same arguments....here comes the flamers.....another thread that slides us downhill again...

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 914 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |