Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134451 - 01/09/02 02:03 PM Parrot Head Madness
JohnnyCoho Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rockport,WA,USA
"Have we become the people our parents warned us about? Or have we found ourselves becoming our parents?"

Yesterday "TimberMan" was teling me about the look on his son Kieffer's face when he hooked into his first big fish yesterday and said it was priceless. Anyone else remember that look or feeling? Isn't that why we fish in the first place?

Bashing of fellow anglers, Sauk River Brown Trout, Quotes are great,... until they get outta hand!?!?!?

Bob's got the right idea with the "Snoopy Rod Classic" !!!!

Any other Parrot Heads out there with me???

Jimmy Buffett was once asked "Where the heck is Margaritaville anyways?" His response, "No other place than in your mind and anywhere you want it to be."

With all the high water I think its time to kick back, pop in a Jimmy Buffett CD, mix up a "Pertfect Margarita", tie up some leaders and enjoy Margaritaville, "Anywhere you want it to be"

laugh laugh The Perfect Margarita laugh laugh

-Fill Shaker with Broken Cubed Ice...
-Squeeze 2 Fresh Lime Wedges Into Shaker...
-Savor the Fresh Lime Aroma Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!...
-Add 2 oz. of Cuervo 1800...
-Sniff the Cork...
-Add 1/2 oz. of Jose Cuervo White (White for Bite...) if Ya Wish...
-Add 1 1/4 oz. of Roses Lime Juice... (accept NO substitute!)
-Add 1/2 oz. of Bols Triple Sec... (Nothing But Bols!)
-Add A Splash of Bols Orange Curacao... (Shhh... Secret Ingrediant!)
-Cover Shaker Tightly!!...
-SHAKE...
-Flip Shaker In Mid Air Twice... (3 Times if You're a Pro)
-Uncover the Shaker and Savor the Flavor!!...
-Rim Glass With Lime Peel (The Outside Only) Salt... the Outside Only... Add Fresh Ice...
-Strain Mixture Over Ice...
-Squeeze In Lime Wedge...and Toss Rind Over Left Shoulder...
-Now...Kick Back!!!!! Turn Up The Tunes...
laugh laugh AND ENJOY!!!!!!! laugh

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: JohnnyCoho ]

"Life is short. Never pass up a hug. Look children in the eye when you talk to them. Bend the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile."

#134452 - 01/09/02 02:25 PM Re: Parrot Head Madness
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Mix one up for me

#134453 - 01/09/02 02:33 PM Re: Parrot Head Madness
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
I am with you Johnny, That is also one of the best Margaritas around. A bit more work than some like to do but worth the effort. Jimmy is the greatest. I am going to sit back and wrap a rod and put 5 Buffett cd's in the changer and relax this afternoon. Listened to his Christmas CD all through the holidays. How about Buffet favorite songs. Some of mine are, we are the people our parents warned us about, Gypsies in the palace, Smart woman(in a real short skirt), Gods own Drunk, Pirate looks at Forty. These are just a few, who am I kidding all of his are my favorites. Maragritaville.com

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Firedog ]

#134454 - 01/09/02 02:46 PM Re: Parrot Head Madness
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Big time Parrothead.

Big time Marley fan as well.

Any island music is GOOD music.

#134455 - 01/09/02 07:04 PM Re: Parrot Head Madness
JEB Offline
Parr

Loc: Lewiston, Idaho
I have come to appreciate many Buffett lyrics, but perhaps none so much as "It's either too much tequila, or not enough."
However, "There is no dumbass vaccine" ranks right up there.

#134456 - 01/09/02 07:20 PM Re: Parrot Head Madness
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
...strummin' my six "strang" on my front porch swing....

Jimmy is a nice guy. I had the chance to meet him down in Key West about 4 years ago.

Really pissed us Birminghamians off when the ampitheatre screwed him out of some cash so he never will play there again. Sooooo, we just road trip over to Atlanta and do the parrot head thing. Best advice I can give you is to rent a Uhaul truck with a bunch of your buds. With the electrical plug in in the back you can set up a power strip and plug the lava lamps and cd player in. Add several couches and several kegs and about as many cutie pies as one drunk can handle. The hard part is attaching that 3/4" thick plywood cutout of a shark fin on the tops and sides. Don't forget bobbing parrot head for the dash and a DD for the trip there and another one for the way back. You could draw straws, but arm wrestling will suffice. cool

That was back in 95, or 96, that we roadtripped to Atlanta in Buffett Style with our custom uhaul drunk tank on wheels. Of course now that I think about it, it probably wasn't too safe, but it was mostly interstate driving. Driving doing a keg stand at 70mph and then have the driver hit a pothole or roadkill was also memorable. Don't forget cell phones or walkie talkies so you can communicate and cuss the driver.

Go to Key West, or hell, most of the Gulf and Caribbean's beaches and see what it's all about. I suggest the Bahamas as the water and women are amazing. wink

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#134457 - 01/09/02 07:50 PM Re: Parrot Head Madness
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
JEB,
I'm amazed you've ever listened to anything but Conway Twitty, Johnny Paycheck, or Box Car Willie. Did you hear some Buffet when the toilet was getting blown sky-high?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 450 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |