Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144170 - 03/10/02 03:31 PM F4 " The Really Big One "
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
I havent seen much about it for awhile. The other board has over 10 pages on its F4 post. I'am really looking forward to the chance to meet and fish with everyone. I will be down for the enitre weekend and would be will to help if anything was needed to help organize the Washington effort. Had some good success last year fishing the mouth of the Lewis and cant wait for things to heat up again this year.
If anyone know a nice riverside RV park I would be greatfull in hearing about it.
J.R. laugh

#144171 - 03/10/02 08:29 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'm interested in doing the same thing. I took a fellow out 'yote hunting today and he is staying right on the Lewis. I will check with him and Post up some results of what I find. That is, unless someone with RV Park knowledge in that area beats me to it.

C'mon folks, share your zipperlip RV parks. wink

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#144172 - 03/10/02 08:48 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
The Lewis River RV Park is located right on the North Fork Lewis, and in fact is located right on one of the best springer holes in the river and only about 100 yards from two launches, one at Island Ramp (downstream) and one at the Lewis River Golf course (upstream). The golf course also has a good restaurant. Several out-of-town guides use this park. The phone number of the RV park is 360-225-9556.

There are also other RV parks in the area --- try 225-8051 and 225-2222.

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#144173 - 03/10/02 11:47 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Oh yeah, I'll be there. Fear that. eek

Just a reminder for you Wash-outs who are looking for an RV park for the weekend: you DO need a permit to transport your trailer home on the freeways. Also, make double-sure that your home is in a condition that will survive both the trip down and the trip back. Lastly, there isn't enough time to setup all of your furniture in the small amount of grass that the RV park provides. Leave it at home.

Thanks for understanding.

#144174 - 03/11/02 12:13 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

DJ,

Do I detect a bit of "Trash Talking"???

#144175 - 03/11/02 02:04 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Trash-talking? Moi? :p

Just trying to make sure that you Wash-Outs have the best possible experience, given your origin. And also making sure that our efforts to keep Oregon beautiful aren't sabotaged by you all staying longer than absolutely necessary.

#144176 - 03/11/02 02:36 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Davey boy,
(and I mean Boy) wink
Don`t worry son, nobody in thier right mind from the beautiful State of Washington
would spend anymore time in that god forsaken state than necessary, laugh

#144177 - 03/11/02 03:03 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Yeah! At least they trust us to pump our own gas.

#144178 - 03/11/02 03:10 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by rainycity:
Davey boy,
(and I mean Boy) wink
Don`t worry son, nobody in thier right mind from the beautiful State of Washington
would spend anymore time in that god forsaken state than necessary, laugh
That's why I warned you about the trailer-hauling permits. You Wash-Outs would likely only buy a one-way permit and then find a "necessity" to stay longer.

Proof that Oregon is a more beautiful state than Washington: look at Mt St. Helens from the North. Okay, now look at it from the South. Looks like SOMEONE knew which way to blow all that crap.

#144179 - 03/11/02 03:12 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Dogfish:
Yeah! At least they trust us to pump our own gas.
Mmmmmm...you all get to pump your own gas. How very delightful of you. No wonder your genes are all ****ed up. It's the gas fumes.

Thanks, I'll pay someone to pump my gas. You tax-dodgers up there can get out and pump your own.

#144180 - 03/11/02 03:29 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
"Gee, Mr. Pinhead, we don't think your IQ will allow you to fill your own tank. If you don't mind waiting another 15 minutes, we'll get one of our Rhodes Scholar attendants to do it for you."

I hear you guys are about as adept at catching fish as you are at pumping gas.

Yeah, we're just lining up to spend time in Oregon. rolleyes

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#144181 - 03/11/02 03:39 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Actually you've got it all backwards Dan. Not only are we smart enough to know when to get out of the rain (Oregon 1, Washington 0), but we are also smart enough to not get out of the vehicle at ALL and have someone else pump our gas for us (Oregon 2, Washington 0).

#144182 - 03/11/02 05:46 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey DJ, that's why it's a good idea never to light a flame near a Wassie's mouth. That could blow up in your face - both figuratively and literally. :p

But as far as F4 on 4/13, it's a neutral river. Nobody is coming to either state to fish - just to ramps on either side of the river. btw, I think they changed the rules so that you can launch from one side and use your license from the other side to keep fish. Used to be ya had to fish out of a port in the state licensed in. Can someone confirm this? So I don't have to break my long streak of not reading instructions anymore.

As for F4 results, the F4 boys from Vancouver to Ridgefield to Battleground better carry the load for the Wassie teams. The 'doggers from up north may have a tough time trying to free drift and floss springers on the big river! laugh

#144183 - 03/11/02 05:58 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

I wish that they were going to be staying in Washington; however, these knuckleheads think that crossing the Columbia river is going "overseas" and they wanna use that to impress the ladies back at their family reunion. eek

#144184 - 03/11/02 06:21 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Don't worry RT, we all have our specialties up here. Os and I and the Capitol-city city crew usually fish small rivers (ones you can actually see across). However, there are plenty Team WA members that can fish the big stuff, too. They specialize in big water.

See......we specailize in small water, they specialize in big water, and YOU specialize in leaving all the fish in any water. laugh

#144185 - 03/11/02 06:39 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Danny boy, you're right - I specialize in leaving fish in all the rivers. Nothing wrong with C&Ring the fish (after I fill the neighborhood freezers with them laugh , jk). In fact, I C&R'd one right at the net yesterday, to save it from having it's slime scrapped off.

(ok, I crackered that one off by not tying on a new jig, after bending the hook on a snag and just bending it back rolleyes - but I hate wasting a nice looking jig)

As for the small rivers, I love em! Still my favorite fishing. That's why I got Nick's little Don Hill Mini-drifter 2 man drift boat (like Zog used). But unlike you Oly boys, I can fish any type of water, know where they will be, and come in with fish. smile :p

#144186 - 03/11/02 06:56 PM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dan S. Offline

RT,

So neither the Satsop nor the Lewis are ANY type of water, huh? Just wondering because ONE OF US scored a goose egg on 2 Floatillas on those rivers.

Hey, I rowed the north Santiam in that very same Don Hill Mini Drifter (too big of river for that boat) and spanked a few of those semi-retarded steelhead and springers you guys have there in Oregoon. Saw a lot of empty Oregon boats at the takeout that day........I'm sure I'll be reminded of that day when F4 comes around and all the Oregon boats are empty once again.

#144187 - 03/12/02 02:47 AM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
wiser? Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seaview WA & Gresham OR
No instructions needed, RT. When fishing from a boat in the Columbia River, a resident of Oregon or Washington may launch from eiyher state and use a salmon or sturgeon tag from either state regardless of launching or takeout state. Of course, single daily limit only. Hope this helps out the WAAAAAH boys too.

#144188 - 03/12/02 04:15 AM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Jim. But you should have typed slower for the Waaaaah boys, so maybe they could understand it. laugh

Oh man Danny, the flotilla trash talkin heats up. Finally - yeehaaw :p Empty Oregoon boats, eh? When you caught fish on the N. Santi? We don't think so! And you rowed a boat on there? With your two weiner arms, we don't think so! Goose eggs on 2 flotillas? At least I show up for them. And we had fish on for a bit during the 'Sop F1 when I was oarsman on the Tads, on a super slow frozen day. It was even slower during yesterday's Satsop flotilla; where I was the only guy to hook a steelie near the place. And remember Dannie, the previous Wednesday to F1 that Fly and I hooked our limit on the 'Sop with just the 2 of us (he has the pics of one steelie kept by each). And I hooked 4 steelies compared to 1 steelie combined for 2 of Wassieville's finest, my first time on the 'Nooch. I also landed my limit of fall salmon my first time ever on the Hump', before 2 of Wassie's finest hooked a fish. You ever do anything like that in Oregoon, Dannie? We don't think so! F3? We hooked a fish - yipee - after spending most of the day down river where no fish were for anyone of the boats in that section. Besides, the retarded fish in the NF don't like pink worms. Where were you that day? Oh ya, hiding and making up excuses again. wink Will you be bringing your three small weiners to F4? We don't think so! Do you have a selective memory concerning other's fishing? We think so! And it'll probably occur again. laugh :p (you other guys, please excuse me re-educating Dannie - I'll try not to bore you again with it)

For the rest of you Wassies that can read water bigger than a creek, show up for F4. At the very least you will be enjoying BBQ'd springers and beer at the 3 p.m. beach party on Sand Island (it's between the mouth of the Lewis R. and St. Helen's - Dannie probably won't be there). In fact, with so many fish coming you'll probably get lucky and catch quite a few of them. Just not as many as the Oregoons. Gonna be good. ... btw, our team has 2 Oreos, 2 Wassies, and 1 Reggie (regional fisher - me). So all this smackin is just for fun smile

#144189 - 03/12/02 10:52 AM Re: F4 " The Really Big One "
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Wiser-

Your final comment about them only being able to have a single daily limit in possession is moot with the Wash-outs. They wouldn't have a daily limits-worth of fish after a week of fishing.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1090 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |