LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151803 - 05/17/02 11:49 PM used drift boat prices?
wwrunner Offline
Alevin

Loc: Terrebonne Ore.
Hey everyone, I hooked up with a guy who has a 1978 Eastside, or Eastsider driftboat. He is looking to get rid of it and he wants me to make him an offer. I dont have a clue what its worth and I was hoping someone might help me out.
It is 16ft, fiberglas in pretty good shape, I think?, a few scratches on the bottom seems to be all. Its got 2 9ft oars, and one 2pc breakdown oar. A couple of anchors, front and rear, a large storage seat up front with 2 fish on chairs. Also rod holders. The trailer seems to be in good shape for an older trailer. The guy says he has stored it inside since he has owned it for im guessing, the last 10 years.
Its been a while since ive owned a drift boat, and i havent been paying attention to prices of used boats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#151804 - 05/18/02 05:28 AM Re: used drift boat prices?
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
It's hard to say not knowing the boats condition. age reallt doesn't matter a whole lot as fiberglass really doesn't wear out.. There are some great deals to be had out there in used glass boats. I bought a 91 clackacraft in excellent condition with a nice set of conunter balances sawyers and a great galvanized trailer for 2500. If you like how the boat is set up offer him 1000 but don't go over 1500... Thats just what I would do.. If you ant the boat

#151805 - 05/18/02 07:56 AM Re: used drift boat prices?
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
ive been looking around for a driftboat, and cant find anything decent for under 2000. 1500. seems like a fair price, if it has a good trailer.

#151806 - 05/18/02 12:39 PM Re: used drift boat prices?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
It sounds like it's in good shape (you'd better make sure it is with a glass boat) and pretty well equipped. I don't think I'd offer him too much less than 1500, or he's liable to find another buyer.

I don't know how the market for used driftboats is in Oregon, but around here he wouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it for 1500 clams.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#151807 - 05/18/02 08:28 PM Re: used drift boat prices?
JEB Offline
Parr

Loc: Lewiston, Idaho
wwrunner,

I have what sounds like the same model you're looking at. Bought it five years ago for $800, but just boat, oars and scattered accessories -- no trailer. Although wooden seats and bow platform were basically shot, the hull was in excellent condition. Now all the interior wood has been replaced and body repainted/gelcoated, it's a sharp-looking outfit for something that's 20-plus years old.

When I eventually upgrade to an aluminum drift boat, I'd like to think I'll be able to recoup most of the $3000 I've put into my Eastside, but $2000 is far more realistic. If the one you're looking at is in good shape -- look closely for cracks in the fiberglass, especially around the chines -- needs some touchups but is basically ready to fish, I'd say $1,500 would be a fair price.

Eastsides may be of an older vintage -- I believe the last ones were made nearly 15 years ago -- but they're damn good boats.

#151808 - 05/19/02 07:45 PM Re: used drift boat prices?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
The trailer alone is probably worth $300 to $500, if it's in good shape, with no rust, working lights, good tires, etc.

I haven't seen a good fiberglass or aluminum boat in the papers for much less than $2000, and more like $2500 in the state you describe. I'd offer 1750 to 1900, depending on how you feel about that guy.

#151809 - 05/19/02 10:44 PM Re: used drift boat prices?
Kyle_A Offline
Spawner

Check out www.traderonline.com and go to the boat section for a search. There are some awfully good deals out there (especially in Oregon) on drift boats.

#151810 - 05/21/02 10:20 AM Re: used drift boat prices?
wwrunner Offline
Alevin

Loc: Terrebonne Ore.
Well, thanks for all the info. I guess i'll go try to seal the deal, maybe come home with nothing. If things go right, i'll get the boat for about $1300 to $1500, and do a couple days fishing before i come home again. Thanks again for all the info. Bob

#151811 - 05/22/02 01:53 PM Re: used drift boat prices?
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
i have a 16ft.clackacraft wide guide drift boat in good shape ready to fish.looking to sell for $2000.i looked at a lot of boats and anything under 2k usually needs work.scott

#151812 - 05/22/02 02:15 PM Re: used drift boat prices?
DrifterWA Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
WWRunner:

Eastside were a good boat "in their day" but they haven't been built in many yrs. Fished a few times, out of one. What I remember was it was narrow, and really didn't "row" that well.

Not looking to sell mine Crackcraft but I'd sure give Scotty98541 a call.........know he lives in Elma, WA Do know he takes good care of his equipment....can email him or me and I'll get his phone number for you.

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#151813 - 05/24/02 02:56 AM Re: used drift boat prices?
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
JEB,
You cheap SOB. You could have driven up the hill and had LaMoyd build you one for what you have into that dog!! By the way..you never mentioned a drift boat to me. I'm not leaving for AK till the 18th..when we fishin?!!!

#151814 - 05/24/02 04:29 AM Re: used drift boat prices?
JEB Offline
Parr

Loc: Lewiston, Idaho
What did ya think, CnD, I just paddled around on an inner tube like you?

I've got a week left of college baseball, then my life gets pretty simple. Should be some decent springer action around here for a few more weeks -- if the rivers ever recede, that is -- so if you're serious about fishing we could probably find something worthwhile.

But are you willing to shelve the vanity for a few days and be seen drifting along in my old scow?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1432 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |