Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#155353 - 08/06/02 01:49 AM Re: Nisqually River Restrictions
trucker Offline
Alevin

Loc: Olympia,WA
Went down to the Nasty on saturday evening with my step son and as we were leaving about 9 pm an MP stopped us and informed us that we were criminally trespassing since we didnt have a "pass" to fish where we were fishing off of Mounts road and we needed to get a pass from Range Control; but be forewarned that you need to call and make an "appointment" to get this pass as the MP's informed me on Sunday at Fort Lewis. I got a little lippy with him but stopped myself before he wrote me a ticket or cuffed me and took me away. So here is the number for range control: (253)967-6277; the MP that stopped us was real arrogant just as most military are in my eyes but oh well.

#155354 - 08/06/02 09:16 AM Re: Nisqually River Restrictions
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
Trucker the MP was incorrect about that. All you have to do is show up at the range office. But you do need a sponcer to get on post.

The pass is free, and only takes a few min, to get.

One more thing, you are suppost to check in with the range office when you get to the area you are going to fish. Mounts RD is area 18. Good luck

#155355 - 08/07/02 02:43 AM Re: Nisqually River Restrictions
trucker Offline
Alevin

I contacted range control just as the MP's told me to and that range control would set me up with a pass; however, they said something about that I needed someone to sponsor me? What the heck is that about and if I didn't have anyone to sponsor me then too bad for me. My father in-law is retired military from here but is traveling in his 5th wheel so how do I get someone to sponsor me if I don't know anyone in the military here that can do that? Any help would be appreciated if someone can help a fellow fisherman out on getting me a pass and to sponsor me. My father was in the military when he passed away and stationed at Ft. Lewis, does that count since I am his only living offspring?

#155356 - 08/07/02 10:16 AM Re: Nisqually River Restrictions
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Trucker,
E mail me at whitehej@lewis.army.mil I'll sponser you on post to get a pass. Send me your phone number and a time I can call you so we can set up a time, I need to be in my office when you get to the main gate so I can tell the MP to let you in.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#155357 - 08/08/02 02:36 PM Re: Nisqually River Restrictions
trucker Offline
Alevin

Jeffhead

Thanks alot man; I really appreciate it; like I stated before my father in-law is retired LT. Colonel and was in the Air Force but now him and my mother in-law are traveling and are in New Mexico. He was stationed at Bellingham and him and I get along really well. I'll shoot ya an email and go from there. Take care.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |