THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159808 - 09/20/02 07:04 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
powerstrokincowb Offline
Smolt

Loc: Philly via Puyallup
Easy,

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try from the bank, and then maybe take the boat out there.

A few more questions. I start school on Monday, so mornings are out. Is the evening effective? It has been on the Puyallup for me. And do you know the netting schedule? I would hate to get down there and have the nets to compete with.

Thanks in advance!
Joe

#159809 - 09/20/02 08:28 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Easy...my bleeping, bleepity bleep schedule only allows me to fish Sundays on the Green! mad mad

I am stuck telling people to please power their cell phones on before making a call and they will find it much easier. And no, you will not be able to place that call from the lead lined basement of the hospital radiology department!

You said you are booked for Sunday....how about the next week? I got my 'warts and 'spots ready.....look out fishy. Leave a few for me okay? wink

I suppose I should be grateful that I have a job though.

#159810 - 09/21/02 12:53 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Picked up two more silvers this afternoon fishing the Green. A 6.5 and 7 pounder. Both fish were taken on pink Wiggle Warts.

Sorry about the poor picture quality, a new guy was snapping the photo. frown

#159811 - 09/21/02 05:01 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Hey Easy, you going to leave any fish in the river for the rest of us?

#159812 - 09/21/02 05:29 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
So you and your boat in the lower green today Carl. How'd you do. I got one on eggs but that was it. Seemed like the boats were doing really well though.

#159813 - 09/21/02 11:44 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I did not catch any fish today. frown They seem to have LOCK JAW. I only saw a few fish caught too. There are a lot of fish around though. Even had a couple of fish almost land themselves in my boat. eek

So far, my catching pattern is just like last weekend, got two fish on Friday afternoon, none on Saturday, and two more on Sunday. I will see how Sunday goes. laugh

#159814 - 09/22/02 08:29 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

My cousin Mike caught this nice coho on the Green this morning fishing with me. He caught it with a metallic pink Brad's Wiggler. This is a good way to break in his new rod and reel. cool

There are still lots of coho around but every one is having a hard time catching them. rolleyes

#159815 - 09/23/02 08:58 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Floatuber Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn
Fished the river for 3-4 hours all three days, Fri, Sat, Sun and nothing. On bump on Saturday. Saw one fish pulled in on Friday, 2 on Saturday and 0 on Sunday. Seems a little hard. May have to take the floatube out this weekend to get my confidense back on a few rainbows and kokanee.

#159816 - 09/23/02 11:14 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I tried to fish the Green this morning in my boat. What a waste of time. The indians have nets running completely across the river up by the Boeing access bridge. I even followed an indian upstream figuring he would know the best way through the nets. I was mistaken. He ran right into a net. Better him than me. At that point I turned around and headed to the bay. mad

#159817 - 09/24/02 11:27 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
hey easy, where is this boeing access bridge? i work on 190th st. in kent, and i would like to see all these nets, i may even want to fish a lil bit, down from the nets if possible? im gonna hit the puyallup tonite, i hope..some fish in there, we jus need alot of rain to push some fish up into the upper river for it toget hot..bb

#159818 - 09/24/02 11:53 AM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
Hi, I fished the green last night for a couple hours in the 112th st. area and picked up a 8# on a all silver Blue Fox. A lot of other people fishing didn't see any other fish caught. This fish our tough to catch from the bank. But if you put in your time it will happen.

#159819 - 09/24/02 02:56 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
What kind of current is there on outgoing tides? I've got a drift boat with a 44lb electric on it. Should I limit my fishing to around high tides or can I still motor around effectively on the outgoing? Thanks

#159820 - 09/24/02 05:09 PM Re: Lower Green Silvers!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

BB75, the Boeing access bridge is the bridge just below the W. Marginal Pl. bridge just off Hwy 599. You will see an exit for W. Marginal Pl. off of Hwy 599. This is also a good spot to bank fish.

Newbie, congrats on your catch! cool

Bossman, I have seen guys out there with drift boats last weekend. So, I know it is possible. The shallower water gets going pretty good on an outgoing tide above the Boeing access bridge. Below that the water is slower moving.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, Carcassman), 1459 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |