THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171349 - 01/12/06 04:06 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
SS,

I know I was rasied to understand and accept the consequences of my actions. It why I am not a liberal.

Maybe we should raise the drinking, voting driving etc age to 30 because as you claim these youngsters do not think ahead ? Oh whats that? its situational, ya right.

#171350 - 01/12/06 06:24 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Funny, I was raised to understand natural and logical consequences and was invariably held accountable. Yet I'm a social liberal. So the difference isn't how one is raised. Perhaps it's whether one has a heart and a conscience.

#171351 - 01/12/06 07:03 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

SG,
I doubt you liked it much and rebelled. Swung the other way as a reaction instead of a choice based on reason. Like the doper that substittes religous zelotry for the high he used to have. They rarely stop near the middle when they react.

#171352 - 01/12/06 07:08 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Funny someone mentioned Iran because what we are doing right now is the way we started in Iraq. First get U.N sactions then tell them to stop it (whatever they are doing) tell the U.N that sanctions aren't working. Send in inspectors, remove inspectors. Drop bombs, send in troops, drop more bombs....... Check out Scott Ridders book about Iraq. Remember he was a wepons inspector there for several years.

#171353 - 01/12/06 07:12 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"Check out Scott Ridders book about Iraq. Remember he was a wepons inspector there for several years."

Heck, why not read Doonesbury it is more factual.

#171354 - 01/12/06 07:50 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

Loc: Richland,Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
SG,
Like the doper that substittes religous zelotry for the high he used to have.
Aha! TK lets slip how he got the way he is! It was a substi-[Bleeeeep!]-ation for dope!

#171355 - 01/12/06 07:53 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

Yeah, didn't hear much about Scott Ridder for awhile. He was smeared and slimed to hell and gone. Then it turned out that everything he had said was true. And everything the slime artists in the administration said was a lie.

#171356 - 01/12/06 07:53 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Nope I somked the rope for a few years but I was even more hardcore conservative back then.

#171357 - 01/12/06 08:19 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
I was even more hardcore conservative back then.
Conservative! You're no conservative!

If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush is spying on the American people!

If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush is the most fiscally irresponsible president in history, running record deficits and putting the country in hock to the Chinese!

If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush is presiding over a government culture of crony capitalism and corruption!

If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush regards the Constitution of our great nation as a "goddamned piece of paper".

You, TK, are not a conservative!

#171358 - 01/13/06 11:02 AM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

You have it wrong SS. To believe the things you post I would have to be psychotic or ignorant. I don't think you are ignorant.

#171360 - 01/13/06 03:34 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I enjoy reading Doonesbury. And it's often not as far off as the humor might make it seem.

KT still thinks he knows something about me. Aha, border-line psychotic that he is, no wonder.

My mix of moderate, conservative, and liberal values has stayed pretty much the same since I reached adulthood. Most significant change I can think of is going from Ok with capitol punishment, to opposing it, back to OK with it.

#171361 - 01/16/06 05:29 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
exactly suckersnagger- tk is NO conservative....we dont often hear from conservatives anymore in the media or in conversations......... i still ove to listen to pat buccahnon cuz he seems to be one of the few conservatives left.....

tk and the bu****es are just ignorant, murdering criminals run amok..... why they still cling to the term "conservative" is a mystery

#171362 - 01/16/06 05:31 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
not sure why the word "buschites" gets censored i had to mispell bush to get it in print

#171363 - 01/16/06 05:36 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush is spying on the American people!"

Not too concerned about phone numbers being processed through a computer system picking out key words and then linking them to overseas known operatives. Every president has done it during wartime in cluding the first real liberal Abe Lincoln.

"If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush is the most fiscally irresponsible president in history, running record deficits and putting the country in hock to the Chinese!"

You have a minor point here. If you looked a tthe line item budget the largest increase comes from mandatory increases put in place by other admins. The controlling party has not helped matters however and it is an issue on both sides. Which programs do you propose we cut?

"If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush is presiding over a government culture of crony capitalism and corruption!"

I am outrages and have been ever since I started voting. It is the system not the president.

"If you were a conservative you would be outraged that Bush regards the Constitution of our great nation as a "goddamned piece of paper"."

Ya right. He is also heavily medicated part of the new world order and is part of a plot for a one world govt owned by the corps.

#171364 - 01/16/06 06:56 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

Yeah TK,
There has been a story going around that Bush is on meds. Also that he's back on the sauce.

Somethings wrong with him. What do you think is the matter with him?

But about him saying the Constitution is just a "goddamned piece of paper."

He made the statement at a meeting in the White House attended by Republican Congressional Leadership and a bunch of aides.

Doug Thompson broke the story on Capitol Hill Blue, saying his sources were three people who were at the meeting.

Have any of the people who were at the meeting have come forward to say the story was false?
Why not?

#171365 - 01/16/06 07:00 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

SS,

Seek professional help.

#171366 - 01/16/06 07:11 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
SuckerSnagger Offline
Spawner

And TK, you say that the budget problems came from mandatory increases in programs put in place by other administrations.

Let's ignore the huge cost of Bush's war in Iraq and assume for the sake of argument that mandatory increases in Bill Clinton's programs are the problem. Wouldn't Bush have known madatory increases in programs were coming at the time when he got huge tax cuts for the rich?

You're implying, though you probably don't realize it, that Bush deliberately cut taxes for the rich knowing it would create the largest deficits in history.

Your point about domestic spying is too incoherent to respond to. Abe Lincoln and his computers?

#171368 - 01/16/06 07:13 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Abe listened in on phone calls. rofl

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#171369 - 01/16/06 07:24 PM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

SS,
First off I did not say that the mandatory increaes were the only problem.
It is real simple. Do nothing and let the economy go into one of the biggest recessions in history. How big would the deficit be had the economy not turned around?
Lets take your scenario and increase taxes and see what happens. Spending would have increased had GW and congress not spent dime. Taxes would have to increase because collections would have been through the floor.
You history buffs should read up on Abes activites during the war. I'll let you off the first time because you are ignorant. Next time you will just be stupid as usual.

#171371 - 01/17/06 11:46 AM Re: Charlie Daniels challenges Murtha.
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"Which programs do you propose we cut?"

Typical trickle down Reagonomics but to the extreme. As we've seen the "cuts" are always performed on social programs. Make it harder to go to college just like Reagan did. A method already proven not to work.

Here's some proposals:

Get rid of a missile program proven not to work. Removal of corp subsidies. Does the very profitable oil industry really need or deserve billions in subsidies? Gasp....no we need to cut medicare, social security, student loan programs, welfare, etc.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Grandpa's Fishin Buddy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 385 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |