Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174611 - 04/27/06 12:09 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

AND...

This crap about a family cannot exist on one income any more is the purest form of B.S. I have ever heard, it ranks right up there with single sex marriage !

How many of these "families" with both parents working and the kids in commercial daycare are just "getting by".....with two deluxe cars, deluxe home in deluxe neighborhood, deluxe aluminum boat not more than 5 years old, Hollywood style wardrobes for the whole family, bicycles, skateboards, computers, microwave "ovens", deluxe appliances, cabin on the lake, extra large 401K, motorcycles, jet skis, trips to the mountains skiing every winter, vacations to Mexico-Grand Canyon-Yellowstone-Disneyland-Bla-Bla-Bla...........

Face it, both parents work because the woman wants to get away from her real duties of raising her kids, it is not caused by the economy.

In case you are wondering, I am in the position I am in now because I try harder than a lot of other people around me, and I live in the best country in the world where a modest amount of intelligence and ambition is all you need. I got an old couch and an old freezer from my Old Man when I moved out after graduation, and a .22 pistol from my Grandmother, everything else I have came from me wearing out a lot of gloves and getting up before daylight and going to work for 20 years.................

Lazy people riding on my tax dollars suck.

#174613 - 04/27/06 01:00 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Didn't see any reference to my being the only one, but I have heard there are a few "moms" putting in 40hr weeks, and hiring someone to "watch" their kids and clean the house......and many of these folks could certainly trim their budgets by more than "mom" makes............

#174615 - 04/27/06 01:25 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I agree that society is driving this, but you must realize that society IS the greedy people who want two paychecks......

A mortgage payment is only one of the things a person has to consider when taking a job and having kids...

I am saying they could live in a plain small house, without all the bells and whistles on one income, and focus on finishing what they started which is raising a family, and I can show you if you want to come over for a BBQ some time....

I sometimes wish for some of the fancy toys other people have, but I'll not be trading away the integrity of my family for material gain.

#174617 - 04/27/06 01:55 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

I think a lot of people would be happier if they didn't have kids, so why all the pregnancy ???

No, it's not simply a by-product of sex, there are plenty of things which can prevent pregnancy other than abstinence.

#174619 - 04/27/06 02:08 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

It's too bad agreeing isn't more exciting...

#174621 - 04/27/06 02:16 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Bush is still the least of the evils we had to choose from in the last election...and you know it.

#174623 - 04/27/06 06:37 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
i work hard too oregonian.....
i am a roofing contractor which means not only do i come home extreemely tired but i have one of the top ten most dangerouse jobs in the country......i dont like the fact that there are some who cheat on welfare and noone who works as hard as me does like welfare cheats but there are alot of folks that cannot work that need govt assistance for a period of time. and the number one cause of poverty in this country is getting hurt on the job....and its not because of L and I cheats......you only get an average payment of $50,000 for an amputated hand.......

.......im just saying you sentiment is about 2o years out of date......to buy a 700 square foot cottage anywhere around here is $atleast 2500,000 if it is on a lot not too much bigger than the house...and that would be a lucky find, the average home price now in puget sound is $400,000.... and its not because they are building them so big its because the prices are skyrocketting along with fuel prices and food prices and everything else..........sorry but the ole "i use to walk up hill to school both ways" crap just doesnt cut it anymore.......
the times have changed

#174624 - 04/27/06 06:53 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

lupo,

We have some things in common, I cut timber, that may not be roofing, but it ain't for pussies either....

My sentiments are not 20 years out of date, nor one minute out of date, it is called living within your means...if the head of the household can't swing a 2.5 million dollar house payment and still make ends meet then that is the wrong neighborhood to be shopping in, and likely the wrong county to boot ! (plus I'm sure you put in at least one extra zero)

As far as the down and out go(legitimate cases), I'm not saying they don't need and deserve a helping hand, I am saying it should not be the government's job, and dang sure not the Federal government at that ! Beyond the fakers and lazy bums, there are surely some truly needy folks, why can't that be handled by :

1) Family
2) Churches
3) Friends/Neighbors
4) Charity
5) Insurance policies

#174625 - 04/27/06 07:03 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

lupo, I reread your post, it seems that you may have overlooked the part where I explained that I live in example of what I said, if you really doubt it's true come on down, have a look, I'll take you to work for a day, and afterward I'll show you my personal budget.........I live in a modest shack on a great rural location, have 2 great kids and some pretty neat toys.........I never inherited a dime nor had any inside scoop on a great job. I started out cutting fire trail and planting trees, and when I heard about better paying jobs I went and got the job because I worked as hard as I could. My wife is a homemaker and I feel sorry for anyone trying to raise a family without a fulltime homemaker.

#174627 - 04/27/06 08:02 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

The minute my wife wants to pull the wagon, I'm ridin' !

The youngest is in kindergarden now, so the timing couldn't be better...

#174628 - 04/27/06 08:08 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

The women who will ditch their kids for a "career", are even worse that the one's trying to keep up with the Jones's(the greedy/career lady).

Something really unnatural about any species of mother who will shirk mothering opportunity, seems backwards to me.

#174630 - 04/27/06 08:12 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

All the "bad" people around, and you have to act as if W is your own personal punching bag...

#174631 - 04/27/06 08:16 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
Proud of you, Oregonian. My son's wife is a stay at home mom. And I'm thankful. Much of the trouble in the ranks of the young comes from not having a parent at home. Nobody there for them when it counts.
BTW the cliche about " A house is not a home" is accurate.

Your right on Aunty M., Civility kills. Like the media's preference for doom, gloom, and blood. You gotta create hate and discontent to make a thread thrive. Some can and some can't, Ichy'rhoid for example.
laugh

#174633 - 04/28/06 11:34 AM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

yeah- trying to keep the water and gas on in the house is "keeping up with the jones'"

i guess if there wasnt three of us in a 700 square foot house priced at just under a half million dollars, i would agree with ya.....

#174634 - 04/28/06 01:19 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

lupo, you FUNNY !

#174635 - 04/30/06 02:10 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I sure wish everyone else was as good and as wholesome as me, too.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#174636 - 04/30/06 11:36 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
I remember a 750 sq ft house in my past. First house I ever purchased. Cost $6,000.00 in 1952. Principal and interest, $50./month. Traded my '48 Ford 2 door sedan for a down payment. It was a real cheapie even for the times. No basement. boo Oil potburner for heat. boo Youngstown steel cabinets. semi-boo
Had a great view tho. And it beat the hell out of paying rent.
Why would anyone pay half a million for 700sq feet? Yikes Not what I would call entry level housing.

#174637 - 05/01/06 12:14 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

average home price in puget sound area for a two bedroom house is over $400,000....... all the while,wages are decreasing in terms of buying power.

not what i would call entry level housing either!!! but immigrants(both to the country and to the puget sound area from other states) increase the demand for housing and the supply is limited.....
those of us that grew up here are being forced out and our city and culture are being destroyed. hell yesterday hiking up to rattlesnake ridge in north bend, atleast 50%-60% of the people we passed on the trail didnt speak english......

#174638 - 05/01/06 01:03 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Lupo
That area is huge for Japanese tourists to visit.

#174639 - 05/01/06 01:07 PM Re: A Few Facts On Illegals
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

true....i forgot about the buddist temple and the amount of tourists that come up to see it...

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 815 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |