THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#201313 - 06/22/03 09:46 AM Re: As promised, GIANT STURGEON PICS!
drift boat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
Jacob why not post the pictures on the club web site. hello

#201314 - 06/22/03 02:00 PM Re: As promised, GIANT STURGEON PICS!
Hockana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Like I said ( Friends don't let friends fish for oversized sturgeon) Gee I forgot that this is good for the sturgeon, no chance to kill or stress these fish out , my mistake, oh and forget about the millions of eggs that don't go to waste (per fish) when they don't die and don't get stressed
maybe I need to start taking that chance too with everyone else who needs to say they caught a oversized, Who are you tring to kid, common sense must of just went right out the window on this one. (STICK TO THE LEGALS ) and maybe we can fish for Sturgeon for years to come.

#201315 - 06/22/03 02:12 PM Re: As promised, GIANT STURGEON PICS!
Hockana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

And as for the comments about to many people, gee maybe you should consider not promoting the oversized fishery, only a thought

#201316 - 06/22/03 10:43 PM Re: As promised, GIANT STURGEON PICS!
Fish4Fun Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
The Sturgeon on the Fraser River in B.C. are tagged and released by several of the guides. They are working with the Fisheries up there to get a better grip on Sturgeon. They are catching both small and Oversize fish. With something like 30,000 fish tagged and released they have had ZERO (none) oversize be killed from handling. I have personally got to tag and release fish in their program. I can assure you these fish are tougher than you think. All Sturgeon fishing on the Fraser is C&R, and the population up there is getting stronger each year. From what I am hearing the ODFW & WDFW are contacting the B.C. Fisheries about the tagging program and the info that is being gathered from that fishery. As long as an oversize is played quickly and released properly they are harmed very little. When they are played to total exahuastion and then released before they are turned over that is when trouble starts for the big girls.

#201317 - 06/23/03 05:18 AM Re: As promised, GIANT STURGEON PICS!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
What they should do, is ban bank fishing for the oversized fish up near the dam. They don't let you fish for them out of a boat up there because they don't want the fist disturbed yet they let people fish for them from the bank where you pretty much have to kill them to get them in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 958 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |