Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205194 - 08/01/03 12:54 PM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Sometimes all this negetive bull is just that ,cant we all just get along. it is with no real facts people like to stir the pot with, kind of like politics, oh yeah right on Aunty I am with you all the way nothing I hate more than prejudice attitudes
Just what I was talking about in previous thread...... Can you say "Ostrich"?
beathead beathead beathead

MC

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#205195 - 08/01/03 06:52 PM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
Let's form a new cavalry and ride out in search of the red man. We can round them all up and send them to new reservations in Florida .. Then we will have all the fish to ourselves.

#205196 - 08/02/03 02:39 AM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did some one forget to look at page 13 of your fishin regs? Theres catch record codes for the lower Quimalt, Lake Quinalt, Cook Creek and every other friggen place you might kill a fish.
No guides tribal or nontribal are required by law to report catch.....you the sportfishers are the ones who by law must do so....what a bunch of rascist crap we have been exposed to.....and sorry but thats the "real truth!"

#205197 - 08/02/03 03:17 AM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
No guides tribal or nontribal are required by law to report catch.....you the sportfishers are the ones who by law must do so....what a bunch of rascist crap we have been exposed to.....and sorry but thats the "real truth
For hells sakes, why don't you "everyone is good but white people" crowd give it a rest! Non-indian guides do not have an allotment (You know, like 50% of all fish)...... They do have the legal responsibility to make sure that people have valid licenses/punch cards and that they are filled out properly. I was a guide for 6 years, and I could have/would have gotten a ticket if any of my clients had failed to punch a card or have a license, just as I was responsible my clients did not keep any illegal fish. I would have lost my guide license otherwise.
Why when minorities speak of inequality, they are hailed for their courage to speak out against that inequality...... Caucasions speak out against the same type of thing (hiring quotas, fishing rules, etc.) and they are at the least called "whiners" or most of the time "racists" or "predjudice". Although it still occurs, the majority of Americans are outright against special priviledge based on the color of skin or ethnicity, but when it happens to anyone of non-minority status then it is perfectly acceptable. Why is it okay for one group but not another...... I had to explain to my daughter one day years ago (when we inadvertantly picked huckleberries in a "non-whites picking area") why daddy had almost been shot by the angry indian.... That is no exxageration either. He had a rifle and told me if I did not leave I would be shot. This happened near Mt. Adams in a part of the national forest and not on any reservation. When I reported it to the sherrif, they told me that the area we had stopped at had indeed been declared an indian picking area and non-indians had to go several miles further down the road where (big surprise) we searched for hours to find a handful of berries. The area where I had stopped, and been chased off of, had bushes everywhere loaded with berries (that was why I stopped....) Try explaining (customs, heretage, etc.) to a little 8 year old why the man was waving a gun and shouting obscenities..... Same thing happens on the river when they are netting. Just try to go near one of their nets, even just to have a look. If you dont get shot at, you will at the very least learn something.....
I love diversity, I love culture.... But I hate feeling like I have something to be ashamed of because of what my skin looks like (sound familiar?). It wasnt right way back when, and it isnt right now.... Two wrongs do not make it right... Listen up bleeding hearts, cause your kids and grandkids have to live in the world you are creating for them. Hopefully you will not have assisted in them hating who they are.

frown *Deep Breath* frown

Thanks for the ear.....

MC :p

#205198 - 08/02/03 06:39 AM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Check with a guide on the Quinault and they will tell you that you do not need a license or a punch card to fish with them. And there are no limits....go ahead and check. All you need is $150 a head.

#205199 - 08/02/03 10:43 AM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Can anyone tell me what the devil this means? How is it applied to keeping records on tribal caught fish?

The first part makes sense, but at the end it says; "This rule does not apply to treaty Indians nor to fish purchased from a fish buyer licensed by the Department of Fish and Wildlife."

Buying treaty Indian Caught Fish:
"In order to buy, sell or process STEELHEAD, Sea Run, cutthroat, or Dolly Varden/bull trout lawfully taken by a treaty Indian, a person must meet the following requirements; The fish must be accompanied by a written statement showing takers name, address, tribal affiliation, and treat identification card number, number of fish, date and location taken. This rule does not apply to treaty Indians nor to fish purchased from a fish buyer licensed by the Department of Fish and Wildlife."

And what about Salmon, why don't they need to record salmon on there catch or sales records?

Is anybody else getting confused?

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#205200 - 08/02/03 10:58 AM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

All those laws are essentially window dressing and unenforceable. Haven't you ever seen the tribes selling fish out of their pickup trucks? Never ever a letter or tally sheet. I suspect that a majority of the harvested salmon and steelhead are unrecorded. This leads , of course, to a much much higher than 50% share of the harvestable fish. The term "harvestable" is interesting too in that the tribes harvest all the time whether runs are harvestable to the rest of us or not. Enforcement of anything on the rez is rare.

#205201 - 08/02/03 05:30 PM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Well folks..... We can close this thread because Grandpa rolled it all up in a pretty package and did it all in 5 lines! Bravo Grandpa! That is EXACTLY what has been going on for years and will continue to as long as Bone-head bleeding hearts keep making statements like
Quote:
you the sportfishers are the ones who by law must do so....what a bunch of rascist crap we have been exposed
What a bunch of idiots WE are exposed to!
But lets not forget Grandpa that it does not happen only on the res.. Enforcement is nil in nearly all areas. We wouldnt want society thinking that law enforcement is being racist and picking on the tribes, now would we?
MC eek

#205202 - 08/04/03 10:04 PM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
Anonymous
Unregistered

#205203 - 08/04/03 10:43 PM Re: Can Indian guides use their 50% allotment
Hairlipangler Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you the sportfishers are the ones who by law must do so....what a bunch of rascist crap we have been exposed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What a bunch of idiots WE are exposed to!"

Way to sugar-coat it. My thoughts were not printable. eek

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 632 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |