Well, finally made it through all these posts and since I have been pinned as the boards official racist/biggot I will bring up the subject that no one else here has, and teachers will argue to their death in support of...........
Educating the children of illegal immigrants.

There, I said it. It has long been the bane of California's education system and is causing it to fall apart. Arizona state is bankrupt for the very same reason. Oregon is not far behind, and Washington has got to have the problem as well. Growing up in Everett in the early 60's thru the 70's, I cannot say I remember ever encountering hispanics. Now when I visit all I have to do is go to any Wal Mart and I am amazed at the percentage. Don't get me wrong, this is not a slam on hispanics.... Just a fact that they are welcomed here for cheap labor, illegals cannot pay taxes as they have no SS card or proof of residency, yet we educate their children and the teachers will argue to the death that it is our duty to do that. Same in the Health care profession. I would not ever refuse them healthcare, as that would be inhumane. But when they are discovered here illegally, they need to go back home. Our 1st priority is to our own "citizen" children, and if we cannot afford to give them a good education, then we cannot afford to educate another countries children... Simple as that...... Does anyone realize that if you are illegal and pregnant, you wait till you are in labor and go to the hospital... have the baby.... and you have guaranteed citizenship? The baby born here is a citizen, so the parents are allowed to stay (to take care of their American baby of course)..... It happens on a daily basis at the hospital I work at..... We refer to them as "No Doc's" which means no Doctor (or prenatal care) and no documentation (illegal)......

Our system is and will continue to fall apart.....

I am stating facts as I know them, if I offend anyone with my statements I apologize for offending them, but not making the statements......

MC

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........