Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213464 - 10/03/03 01:00 AM Washougal Snaggers Busted
Steel Slayer Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia
Saw this on another B & B. So I decided to post hit hear. Can you believe these guys. Doing it even on camera and in closed waters to sum it all up. It is in video format too.

http://katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=61217

#213465 - 10/03/03 01:14 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
GTaholic Offline
Parr

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Too bad they couldn't be everywhere at once.

#213466 - 10/03/03 01:24 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
FishinCuzChicksDigIt Offline
Fry

Loc: Tenino
Those snagger had some guts. They also lacked brains. Glad to see those gamies out there though, and glad to see that it is publicized that they are enforcing some problematic areas. The officers seemed to stay pretty calm and cool during the bust, but it also seemed like they had to dumb down most of their conversations to maybe middle school levels so the people could understand that they broke the law. We need more officers like that, or maybe just more officers period. Thanks for sharing that with everyone

#213467 - 10/03/03 01:38 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
SS, thanks for posting that, 1 of the best story I've seen posted here.
I especially liked hearing those in-bred, hair-lips (no offense to you non in-bred, hair lips) claim "they didn't know the rules, their buddy brought them". Yeah, sure they didn't know. Hope the judge throws the book at them. laugh

#213468 - 10/03/03 07:32 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
great and interesting post...thanks

Watching that news clip was emotional for me. To anyone who works to enhance and preserve sports fishing and survival of our salmon runs things like this make your blood boil. We know it goes on all the time but seeing it hits home.

It also is i nteresting to me that no Seattle paper or tv station seems to do stories like this. Tacoma News Tribune and KATU channel 2 news...out of town news. There are many areas this fall where Chinook are trapped and easy prey for the neandrathal morons who snag...and leave garbage and waste. Maybe we should let the news stations know about this?

#213469 - 10/03/03 08:13 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Big difference between that white trash and just some folks trying to feed their families.....

I remember the snag-fest that used to go on at the Washougal back in the late seventies but so many back then were having hard luck. Many of them were in their 60's or better.
Now it is just worthless POS that could care less about anything. Probably all go to work with bragging stories of the fish "They caught".

Scum, pure and simple. And the guy with the shorts is just one of an ever larger growing population of punk-ass.....
We need to have a snagging season on vermin like them..... maybe we could thin them out a bit.....

MC

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#213470 - 10/03/03 10:19 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Thanks for posting that story. It was interesting. Them boys are pretty dumb.

#213471 - 10/03/03 10:21 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Bobber Down Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Forest Dark, Wa
Great video...what a bunch of frickin losers! Geez get a life! Idiots like that give sportfishing a black eye.

fight

BD

"It makes no sense to regulate salmon habitat on land while allowing thousands of yards of gill nets to be stretched across salmon habitat in the water"

John Carlson, Gubernatorial Contender, Sept. 2000 speech at the Ballard Locks

#213472 - 10/03/03 10:56 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
dangerous dave Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard, WA
Great post SS, really enjoyed the video clip. Just wish the news anchor-people wouldn't refer to them as fisherman and just call them plain ole white trash snaggers.

#213473 - 10/03/03 11:41 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
I love to see those guys get busted.

#213474 - 10/03/03 12:16 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I just wish they had that kind of publicity and enforcement on the NF of the Lewis. Last time I was there, it was a shoulder to shoulder blatant snagfest up at the Meat Hole.

I hate snaggers.

#213475 - 10/03/03 01:32 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
charr Offline
Spawner

Loc: Yuppie Ville
Thanks SS, That story kinda gives ya a warm feeling all over. I hope that Punk MF in the white shirt and shorts becomes a good wife for Bubba in jail!

#213476 - 10/03/03 01:56 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Rob Allen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver WA
Parker.. the did a story a couple weeks ago and snagging and enforcment on the north lewis.. very similar in nature...

Grandpa... we agree on something:)

hats off to K2 and WDFW enforcment.. if you happen to see these enforcment guys on the job ask to shake their hand and thank them for the work they do..

#213477 - 10/03/03 02:20 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
Quote:
Originally posted by dangerous dave:
Great post SS, really enjoyed the video clip. Just wish the news anchor-people wouldn't refer to them as fisherman and just call them plain ole white trash snaggers.
i agree! you don't hear hunters that shoot deer out of season with a machine gun called hunters. they're called poachers

on a side not, i also hate being called fishers in the local paper. why not anglers? it's just kind of a strange word, like "persons"

#213478 - 10/03/03 03:42 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
I watched the video clip and had to laugh at how terrible it is for non tribal fishermen to snag fish and for some just to take the eggs and leave the carcasses. They are made out to be evil lowlife scum but when the tribal people do the same thing its ok and they are are enviromental stewarts. The double standard makes my sick. More rascism at its worst.

Again just in case you guys havent heard me say this before I am not a fricking snagger. I am just tired of the hypocracy, racism, and the double standard that go along with every snagger report, post, or article.

#213479 - 10/03/03 04:34 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Sullie Offline
Spawner

Glad to see people paying the consequences. If only the game wardens could be everywhere, or just no snaggers period. Great video clip, Thanks for posting

#213480 - 10/03/03 05:29 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Micro

" but when the tribal people do the same thing its ok and they are are enviromental stewarts"

And you came up with this load of bull from where? rolleyes

#213481 - 10/03/03 05:49 PM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
ROCK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Between 2 Mountains
What a bunch of dum *sses.Glad to see F&G doing something though .
These are not fishermen and don't deserve the name !! mad
Thanx S-S for posting I had a good laugh at these sorry IDIOTS. laugh

#213482 - 10/04/03 12:11 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Lead thrower...I think he means that it's legal for tribal members to purposely snag fish in rivers. I don't remember the specifics but I do know that this is in the regs or the wdfw site somewhere.

#213483 - 10/04/03 12:34 AM Re: Washougal Snaggers Busted
Easy E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
Very cool to see snaggers being busted. First time I have seen any of these sorry scum bags get caught. Hopefully this will get some publicity and make others think twice before pullin out the old snagging rigs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |