Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#214991 - 10/17/03 09:19 AM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
I gotta know what you wanna be politicians think it would of been like if gore would of become president. Bush is no angel, but look what clinton left him.

#214992 - 10/17/03 10:10 AM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
G2: YOU started a thread about religion then have the nerve to ask that someone start an interesting fishing thread. to stop the bickering.
Talk about glass houses.

Jerry I quit: But I must point out that I didn't start this thread, nor the one about religion. Still it's better for everyone's blood preassure to drop this.

#214993 - 10/17/03 01:01 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Start an interesting fishing thread that doesn't include politics or religion
Why?

You'd just drag your political BS in from somewhere in right field and ruin it.

You know, you gotta fight those liberal demon rats whenever you can.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#214994 - 10/17/03 01:16 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Mr. Twister Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: wa
This nation is not in a sorry state due to Clinton or any of the Democrats. It is in a sorry state due to Georgie and the Republicans.

None of the Republicans are even remotely electable due to their stupid interests. And remember, Georgie did not win the election, Gore did. And Georgie stole it.

Georgie wants to trash our national forests for his buddies, trashed Iraq and A***anistan for his buddies, and wants to trash America for his buddies. If you can't see that, you need glasses.

#214996 - 10/17/03 05:17 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Quote:
Originally posted by Wooley worm:
[QB] This nation is not in a sorry state due to Clinton or any of the Democrats. It is in a sorry state due to Georgie and the Republicans.
[/b]
Hmm, the economy is in the state it's in due to idiots inflating the tech industry when there was no money to be made. I could point out that this was under Clinton's watch, but that really doesn't matter. What the Clinton Administration is guilty of is Enron like bookkeeping for the budget.

The "surplus" was a combination of two things. One of them was creative accounting. The other was revenue "projections". The little idiot bean counters sitting up in Washington sat down and said "We're bringing in this much money now and our growth rate is 6%, so when deciding how much money we have we're gonna assume this unnatural and unsustainable 6% growth rate is going to keep going" which is simply stupid.

Then the ****ing tech companies crash because theres no real reason they should have been valued that highly considering they were losing money faster than they could print new stock shares to sell.

There was no "surplus" and there sure as hell wasn't a balanced budget. They were borrowing on money that had not and would not come in. So all those great times during the "good ol days" before your number one arch enemy GWB came into office were a FARCE.

Quote:
None of the Republicans are even remotely electable due to their stupid interests. And remember, Georgie did not win the election, Gore did. And Georgie stole it.
Right, and the democrats have no loyalties to special interest groups. rolleyes Democrats never gave China nuclear weapons information in exchange for campaign donations, right? Would you care to explain how Bush stole the election. We have an Electoral College that decides the president. If, perhaps, you were unaware of it prior to 2000, blame it on ignorance. Show me how Gore won the electoral vote. Use facts and proof, not opinions and hearsay. The facts are that Gore wanted to disqualify military ballots, it was Gore who took the issue to court, not Bush.

Quote:
Georgie wants to trash our national forests for his buddies, trashed Iraq and A***anistan for his buddies, and wants to trash America for his buddies. If you can't see that, you need glasses.
Could you show me one statement by Bush or anyone in his administration where he even implies he wants to destroy our national forests? He did not trash Iraq or Afghanistan for his "buddies". Afghanistan was harboring Osama Bin Laden. You probably don't remember this, but on September 11, 2001, a terrorist group called Al'Queida who is led by that Osama Bin Laden attacked our country. More people died from that than were killed at Pearl Harbor. The group that led Afghanistan was called the Taliban. We tried to negotiate with them to hand Bin Laden over to us (remember, that the government of Sudan offered us Bin Laden, but Clinton turned it down) but they wouldn't comply so we attacked.

As for Iraq. All the points have been made. We know Saddam had WMDs and since nothing can just cease to exist, we know they're still out there.

#214997 - 10/17/03 05:41 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Quote:
Could you show me one statement by Bush or anyone in his administration where he even implies he wants to destroy our national forests?
Destroy might be to harsh a word but he has gotten rid of several acts set aside to protect our forests. For a while every time I opened the paper he was backing out one environmental protection program or another. Again destroy is a little harsh but I don't think anyone would begin to pretend Bush is environmentally friendly.

#214998 - 10/17/03 05:41 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
right on Jacob thumbs

#214999 - 10/17/03 05:56 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Nice job Jacob !! smile

That was even better than telling them to sit down and shut up laugh

#215000 - 10/17/03 06:19 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by JacobF:
[QUOTE] Democrats never gave China nuclear weapons information in exchange for campaign donations, right? ... As for Iraq. All the points have been made. We know Saddam had WMDs and since nothing can just cease to exist, we know they're still out there.
You're absolutley right; the democrats didn't give China nuclear secrets for donations. The woman that was sleeping with the FBI agents and charged with espionage was, in fact, a replubican that donated heavily to the republican campaign.

Yes we knew that Saddam had WMDs at one point in time. But we have also learned that he had none whence Bush scared us into believing they existed.

Things can simply cease to exist - it's called "destroying." Overwhelming evidence suggests that the physical weapons were destroyed and all that remained were desires and plans to reconstitute old programs.

Other than that, I don't think Bush is enviromentally friendly, either.

#215001 - 10/17/03 06:44 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Mr. Twister Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: wa
Originally posted by JacobF:
Quote:
What the Clinton Administration is guilty of is Enron like bookkeeping for the budget.

The "surplus" was a combination of two things. One of them was creative accounting. The other was revenue "projections". The little idiot bean counters sitting up in Washington sat down and said "We're bringing in this much money now and our growth rate is 6%, so when deciding how much money we have we're gonna assume this unnatural and unsustainable 6% growth rate is going to keep going" which is simply stupid.
Quote:

There was no "surplus" and there sure as hell wasn't a balanced budget. They were borrowing on money that had not and would not come in. So all those great times during the "good ol days" before your number one arch enemy GWB came into office were a FARCE.
That's the first time I have heard that. The surplus disappeared in Georgies hot little hands. No one, other than Georgie, and apparently you, dispute that the surplus was real, and that the deficit that we are now in is far too real.

And it also sounds like revisionist history, and it sure looks like Orwell's 1984 to me.

Quote:
Could you show me one statement by Bush or anyone in his administration where he even implies he wants to destroy our national forests?
http://www.nrdc.org/land/forests/qroadless.asp#7

http://www.gptaskforce.org/article.php?id=120

Quote:
He did not trash Iraq or Afghanistan for his "buddies". Afghanistan was harboring Osama Bin Laden. You probably don't remember this, but on September 11, 2001, a terrorist group called Al'Queida who is led by that Osama Bin Laden attacked our country. More people died from that than were killed at Pearl Harbor. The group that led Afghanistan was called the Taliban. We tried to negotiate with them to hand Bin Laden over to us (remember, that the government of Sudan offered us Bin Laden, but Clinton turned it down) but they wouldn't comply so we attacked.
I find it very interesting that we have never been able to prove the connection between Afganistan and 9/11 until after we bombed it.
But if you want to look at the books, Halliburton wanted to put an oil pipeline across the country, but only after the country was 'stable'.

Quote:

As for Iraq. All the points have been made. We know Saddam had WMDs and since nothing can just cease to exist, we know they're still out there.
And yes, it is 1984, and the Enemy is out there, and we have to keep making weapons. It should be soon when we catch him. Here eat a little soylent green and go back to your job at the Ministry of Information.

Rob
who prefers to live in a time in which misinformation does not exist, and our country is at war with a named party.

#215002 - 10/17/03 08:17 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
beathead

#215004 - 10/17/03 08:46 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
You know, you gotta fight those liberal demon rats whenever you can.

thumbs

#215005 - 10/17/03 10:23 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
I think it's rather funny how many of you have found your way on to this forum pretending to be sportsmen who are concerned about how many salmon we'll have to harvest in the future.

The truth is that if all you lefty, Green party loving, tree hugging, W.T.O. rioting, capitalism hating, P.E.T.A. supporting and the save the gay whales-- "so called" enviromentalists types had your way--We wouldn't be allowed to fish at all (even if we only practiced catch and release). Forget hunting all together--even if it's to put food on our families table. Because the truth is you believe fishing and hunting are barbaric and inhumane.

I on the other hand suppot P.E.T.S. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Steaks). Because, like Ted Nugent says,"you got to kill it before you can grill it".

Bush 2004

#215006 - 10/17/03 10:44 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Grandpa, have you got a seperate identity? I have to believe that SCOWAK is yet another that likes to see others reactions. I shall not abide him.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#215007 - 10/17/03 11:58 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOWAK:
I think it's rather funny how many of you have found your way on to this forum pretending to be sportsmen who are concerned about how many salmon we'll have to harvest in the future.

The truth is that if all you lefty, Green party loving, tree hugging, W.T.O. rioting, capitalism hating, P.E.T.A. supporting and the save the gay whales-- "so called" enviromentalists types had your way--We wouldn't be allowed to fish at all (even if we only practiced catch and release). Forget hunting all together--even if it's to put food on our families table. Because the truth is you believe fishing and hunting are barbaric and inhumane.

I on the other hand suppot P.E.T.S. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Steaks). Because, like Ted Nugent says,"you got to kill it before you can grill it".

Bush 2004
do you belong to that new group i just found out about called, I.A.S.F`er ??

#215008 - 10/18/03 08:00 AM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
After haveing the Tyee fire of 94 almost take the chellan property I am all for new roads and the ability to protect my property.Too many of us live in the city and do not think about those that do not.They think everybody is to live like them or else.Nobody on either side looks at the whole picture just the part that they want too.And unfortunately the left hugs the warm and fuzzy.You guys spend too much time voting with your emotions and disband the truth too fit your needs.scary.

Go BUSH

#215009 - 10/18/03 11:25 AM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
lobo Offline
Fry

Loc: Buckley,WA
I've seen a lot of talk here about how the Bush Administration's policies will doom our forests, rivers, and wildlife. I haven't seen anything other than empty rhetoric. How about some specific examples that can be debated apart from some of the name calling and finger pointing. It doesn't matter who is in the white house. This debate is about policies, not people.

Example #1: The article that started this thread mentioned a Bush visit to Washinton state. It assumed he took credit for surging salmon runs and many of you agreed that is what happened. I saw this appearance and I thought GW Bush was using this example to show how conservative policies can be successful. In this case he was praising the cooperation between private industry, local government, and the community (us) which apparently has resulted in a success story for salmon recovery. It was a chance for him to use a concrete example of the kind of environemtal policy he supports. A policy that rewards responsible corporate behaviour as opposed to heavy handed and costly federal regulation. Is it possible that that is what this president, who has some conservative convictions, was doing that day?

I like this forum because it is full of like minded good folks on both sides of the aisle that can bring thoughtful discussion and debate to the table. Bring a good argument, grounded in facts, to the table and you'll find that open-minded conservatives will listen.

Respectfully,
lobo

#215010 - 10/18/03 11:57 AM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
bodysurf Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
well...bush want's to cut a whole lotta trees down to 'prevent' forest fires...the problem however seems to be that he wants to chop big trees down not clear the small dense undergrowth stuff that's really the problem ...because you see...the small stuff ain't worth much $...that's why it hasn't been cut before...so clear cut away....
...and i'm curious how bush can take credit for the salmon run this year when most of the upper columbia fish are 4+ year olds? was he in office in '99?
..he aslo wants to increase the use of hanford for dumping nuke waste and has dramatically cut funding to clean it and other superfund sites up....

#215011 - 10/18/03 01:24 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Too many of us live in the city and do not think about those that do not
And too many that live in the woods think that nature should be managed to suit their needs.

It's a double-edged sword.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#215012 - 10/18/03 01:39 PM Re: For Pro Bush Anglers of Salmon to digest
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I promised to take a break from this luancy. So, rather than enter into any detailed arguments, which never seem to change any minds, I just want to say that everyone who agrees with me is noble, brilliiant, honest, patriotic and has never lined a fish. If you disagree with me you are just wrong. Please reconsider all your previous thoughts and y realign your thhinking to agree with mine. There that ought to settle this for once and all.

P.S. Fishiung on the Yakima yesterday was excellent.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |