Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#217113 - 11/07/03 11:07 AM Re: flossing
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hey look everyone.............

Pretty colors !!

cfm is right. And monkeys just flew out my ass.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#217114 - 11/07/03 01:50 PM Re: flossing
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#217115 - 11/07/03 02:19 PM Re: flossing
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
You have NO idea.............. laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#217116 - 11/07/03 07:56 PM Re: flossing
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: tacoma, Washington, US
Yes, yes, and yes to everything, butt there is nothing wrong with that.

No, I don't hate homos.
I am just sick and tired of their crap thats comming out lately.
UNDERSTAND?

Done with the weird discussion for me.
You can go find the "Rainbow" boards and talk among your kind there.

Love + Peace
Always.

#217117 - 11/07/03 11:31 PM Re: flossing
Dawn Treader Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Marysville
ok...i'm very new to river fishing, so forgive a stupid question. What the heck IS flossing? why the heck does length of leader matter?

#217118 - 11/09/03 06:28 AM Re: flossing
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo:
Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Head:
[b] Sick and tired of the homo, liberal, do gooders pushing uncalled for ethics to the world.
So, everyone who pushes ethics or a liberal is a "homo"?

What if you are a homo already, Iron head? Any direct action you'd like to take then. OR would you just wait until their back was turned?

Surprised the moderatorss allow this hate-filled crap here. You can make strong arguments without being a bigot. [/b]
Oh take a friggin Chill-Pill man...... Just to educate your PC brain a bit..... Using the Term "Homo" in this day of slang generally means the same as "noob", "putz", "dweeb", etc..... BTW, "Homo" is also in the genus m\name of men.... Uh, ever heard of "Homo Sapiens"?????

Your attitude (whiney) is exactly what he was referring too I believe...... Need a hanky?

Sorry, but the Speech Police (and usually from the same crowd that screams for 1st amendment rights) are getting a little too brave on this board IMHO......

MC flog

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#217119 - 11/09/03 10:55 AM Re: flossing
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
DT: Flossing is the act of using a loooong leader and fishing in such a way that the line gets drug through an unwilliung fish's mouth and eventually snags the fish in the outside of the mouth. It is consider unsporting by many as thet fish does not bite the hook, instead it is snagged in the mouth.

Apparently it has something to do with bieng a "homo", but I'm not totally clear on that aspect of it.

#217120 - 11/09/03 03:45 PM Re: flossing
Flounder Pounder Offline
Parr

Loc: Olalla
The right bait or lure at the right place at the right time under the right conditions with the right presentation will produce a bite. The trick is to have all of these things come together at the right moment. Can you say luck ? Otherwise its just flossing plain and simple.

#217121 - 11/09/03 03:52 PM Re: flossing
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

Enough with the flossing thing.
Much thanks to CFM.

Lets to some fishing but first I want to share some laughters.

This guy walks into a bar and two steps in, he realizes it's a gay bar. "But what the heck," he says, "I really want a drink."

When the gay waiter approaches, he says to the customer, "What's the name of your penis?"

The customer says, "Look, I'm not into any of that. All I want is a drink."

The gay waiter says, "I'm sorry but I can't serve you until you tell me the name of your penis. Mine for instance is called 'Nike,' for the slogan, 'Just Do It.' That guy down at the end of the bar calls his 'Snickers,' because 'It really Satisfies."

The customer looks dumbfounded so the bartender tells him he will give him a second to think it over. The customer asks the man sitting to his left, who is sipping on a beer, "Hey bud, what's the name of your penis?"

The man looks back and says with a smile, "TIMEX."

The thirsty customer asks, "Why Timex?"

The fella proudly replies, "Cause it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!"

A little shaken, the customer turns to the fella on his right, who is sipping a fruity Margarita and says, "So, what do you call your penis?"

The man turns to him and proudly exclaims, "FORD, because 'Quality is Job 1.' " Then he adds, "Have you driven a Ford, lately?"

Even more shaken, the customer has to think for a moment before he comes up with a name for his penis. Finally, he turns to the bartender and exclaims, "The name of my penis is 'Secret.' Now give me my beer."

The bartender begins to pour the customer a beer, but with a puzzled look asks, "Why secret?"

The customer says, "Because it's STRONG ENOUGH FOR A MAN, BUT MADE FOR A WOMAN!"

#217122 - 11/09/03 05:00 PM Re: flossing
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

MasterCaster,
Do you know a guy by the name of MasterBaiter?

hello hello hello

#217123 - 11/09/03 08:19 PM Re: flossing
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Quote:
Originally posted by salmongigger:
Flossing is the answer to the fish that don't bite... I enjoy flossing, it takes more skill than the best of the best bait boys!!
Bull$hit, Go bobberfishing t bay or any competitive tidewater fishery, It takes years to be a good bait fisherman. Flossing is a method, whether ethical or not. I have done it and still do it occasionally but in the words of one of the best fishermen I know "its like getting a blowjob from a Transvistie hooker, sure its fun but you wouldn't tell your firends about it". Its meat fishing in its purest form and given the choice I tend to avoid it. Besides watching your bobber go down, a plug rod flatten out , backbounce bite, or any other legal method is way better.

#217124 - 11/10/03 09:26 PM Re: flossing
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
well i guess all that still really does not answer my question,so i am going with my first gut reaction, it sure seems like a form of snagging!

#217125 - 11/10/03 11:02 PM Re: flossing
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
Quote:
MasterCaster,
Do you know a guy by the name of MasterBaiter?

hello hello hello
Yeah, that used to be me until I got good enough for a promotion...... wink

MC

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#217126 - 11/11/03 01:32 AM Re: flossing
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
MY Favorite subject thumbs

Flossing is the fine art of snagging a fish in the mouth.
Yes, but to do this consistly it takes years of persistance and practice.
I myself, am a PRO! thumbs
Hell, I'm so good I can even floss sturgeon!!! eek
I have flossed hundereds of fish and and don't have a problem with it. If it's hooked other than in the mouth area I release it. wink
Most of the time I release "ALL" of my fish anyway.
If some of you want to call me a scumbag that's ok, I don't have a problem with flossing, but if you do, you should not do it, period!
Shorten your leaders to 24" or stick to lures?
Most people floss and don't even realize it. eek
If your using a 36 inch + plus leader, you yourself have flossed some fish!!!
I saw a guy last Wed using a 3ft leader and he flossed a Silver. The hook was on the outside of the jaw
I've seen guy's egg clusters on the outside of a fish's jaw. OOPS!!
I've seen fish flossed using a float (first hand ) laugh
If my Vibrax's hook is on the outside of the jaw, did I floss him , or did he bite down on the lure's body and then I drove in the hook????

Hey instead of HARPING on the evils of how to properly hook fish your way, why not instead concentrate on teaching people "To Limit Their Kill, Not Their Catch?"

#217127 - 11/12/03 10:26 AM Re: flossing
bongo Offline
Parr

Loc: BC
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterCaster:
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Sick and tired of the homo, liberal, do gooders pushing uncalled for ethics to the world.
So, everyone who pushes ethics or a liberal is a "homo"?

What if you are a homo already, Iron head? Any direct action you'd like to take then. OR would you just wait until their back was turned?

Surprised the moderatorss allow this hate-filled crap here. You can make strong arguments without being a bigot. [/b]
Oh take a friggin Chill-Pill man...... Just to educate your PC brain a bit..... Using the Term "Homo" in this day of slang generally means the same as "noob", "putz", "dweeb", etc..... BTW, "Homo" is also in the genus m\name of men.... Uh, ever heard of "Homo Sapiens"?????

Your attitude (whiney) is exactly what he was referring too I believe...... Need a hanky?

Sorry, but the Speech Police (and usually from the same crowd that screams for 1st amendment rights) are getting a little too brave on this board IMHO......

MC flog [/b]
Perhaps he did not mean homosexual, yeah right. Maybe he meant homogenized milk?

Hiding behind double meanings of words is a scumbag lawyer/politician game (like Clinton and Bush). If you want to pretend that he did not mean homosexual, you should also pretend that you are Peter Pan.

"Homo sapiens" is really what he meant?? LOL, that is the stupidest thing I have honestly ever read here. Your stupidity is breathtaking. Please do us all a favour and avoid breeding.

#217128 - 11/12/03 08:43 PM Re: flossing
Neil Offline
Alevin

Loc: Pullman
to everyone

I believe this is a beaten to death subject. No matter what anyone says it is not going to change another's opinion. If someone thinks flossing is ok there going to do it regardless of what is said to them. Instead as another already said we must limit how many fish we keep not how many we catch. Enough with the bashing, it dose not help a thing. If you want to have an educated argument then stop with the fallacies. Bashing a person in an argument does not prove anything but your own ignorance, instead criticize their ideas with your own.

PS: I really do not want to ask this question but I can not resist. Do you think it is ok to snag a fish if you are going to release it.

#217129 - 11/12/03 09:10 PM Re: flossing
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Yes, snag the sucker in the but and rip half of its skin off dragging it in backwards then let it swim away to try and spawn.

Sense the sarcasm?

I've heard that there is no such thing as a stupid question, but that one is borderline.

#217130 - 11/12/03 10:21 PM Re: flossing
FishinCuzChicksDigIt Offline
Fry

Loc: Tenino
This thread has really got people goin! I'd like to see this kind of enthusiasm in some reports of where people have been fishing and what kind of results they've been getting. This board may unfortunately turn into something similar to NWF'ng. I really hope not, I joined to get some feedback and hear stories of people hooking some fish and having fun, isn't that what fishing is all about, good company and having a good time? At least thats what my dad taught me.

#217131 - 11/12/03 11:05 PM Re: flossing
Neil Offline
Alevin

Loc: Pullman
Glowball

Your a real piece of work, to tell you the truth your a jackass. I was being sarcastic by asking that question. In one of the early posts someone said that it was ok to floss. While I was on the Skok I saw a guy flossing fish, real good might I add, however, he did not always get them in the mouth. If you read carefully and not like a mumbling idiot like most and bash me for what I said, you too would have got the joke.

GLOWBALL YOU ARE A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF AN ASS WHO BASHES PEOPLE RATHER THAN THEIR COMMENT

PS: I agree I joined the site to seek advice, not to preach about how ones method of killing fish is wrong.

#217132 - 11/12/03 11:10 PM Re: flossing
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Okay ... warning to red corner. A special warning to blue corner since you've already been booted once and came back and re-registered.

This bout is over.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1407 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |