I think it could be argued we have never seen our rivers at carying capacity, even to so called jewel the Quileute so how do we have any idea what that is. I have been all over the quileute system drainage and have seen miles and miles of spawning habitat not used by either salmon or steelhead especially on the Bogie and Clawah.

Another thing I would have to say is I do not believe the steelhead escapement numbers referenced on the Quileute are anywhere close to the truth but thats just my opinion that I share with many others. I know how they come up with the numbers and I know who many of the people are out there gathering the information. Couldnt say I have much faith in alot of them nor would I trust them. Im my line of work I have had many contacts with many of them.

Another point is I know for a fact that some of the tribal fisherman down their catch as many wild steelhead individually in a season than are seen in the total reported tribal catch that is seen by the public. The buyers have bragged about the numbers to me as well as the fisherman. In addition to the bragging I have seen it first hand.

Another interesting thing I have seen that has always puzzled me is this. The runs are forcasted ahead of time correct. The tribal and sport harvest is complete before the actual run size is even known. Its funny that the QUileute tribe year in and year out always harvests its 25% allocation of the run. It has always puzzled me that they catch exactly the amount of fish they are supposed to when everything is said and done. In addition to good science they must have a psychic on staff down at the QNR.

No I dont know which science would be best for management of our rivers.

I do think everything needs to be looked at as a whole in our management sceme. I thing the co-management theme also needs to be looked at. There is far too much curruptionin the tribes.