LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#229390 - 01/25/04 04:40 PM Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Salmon Leader Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Des Moines, Wa
I am a 19' boat owner and the boat I have allows me to get out into my local waters (San Juan Islands) to enjoy Salmon/Bottom fishing, crabbing and just time on the water. I love to fish and have my boat nicely setup with elect downriggers, GPS, Fishfinders, etc.
My small family (6 / 9 girl and boy and my wife) also enjoys going with me and overnighting but now our boat has become too small for my wife and I to enjoy the water for more than a day-outing. We went to the Boat Show and found the boat that would work for both of us. It's the Sea Sport 27' Navigator.
I was hoping to get some reviews from anyone who has owned or owns any of the Sea Sport models but particualary the 27'. I would appreciate to hear first hand accounts of the boat's dependability, performance, fishability and overnighting pluses/minuses. Any reviews/commnents would be appreciated.
I know the boat is made in Bellingham and I actually know some of the sales people but buying a new one is out of the question due to the price.
I know the boat is very spendy and probably only a dream but buying a boat that the entire family can enjoy only means more time on the water.

Steve

#229391 - 01/25/04 04:48 PM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
45/70 Offline
Fry

Loc: Benton City, WA
My experience with SeaSport is that everytime I see one I feel sporty, and wishfull...I haven't won the lottery yet...

I've looked at most of this type of boat and would also, if I had money, look at Arima and C-Dory.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/index.html

And that's all I have to say about that

45/70

#229392 - 01/25/04 06:41 PM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Fish Hawg Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodland , Wa
My dad is in the market for the 24'xl he would like to have twin 250 yamahas insyead of the inboard.They must be good if the state uses them smile

#229393 - 01/25/04 08:25 PM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
I'm not too impressed with the side to side stability of my buddies 26fter.
Lato charters one out of La Push. There's something to be said when a charter skipper decides on a boat purchase.
The one I've fished on was a nice boat all in all. Best feature is the singe turbo diesel power which gives him outstanding range and fuel efficientcy. (something like 7-8 gph at a low to mid 20 knot cruise.) He likes to fish well offshore.
He decided on the SS because he also has 3 kids and a wife whom he takes fishing often and it works well for them.
No major problems.

#229394 - 01/25/04 08:49 PM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
bennettrhino Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett
I have had the use of a 24ft coho xl for quite a few years as my uncle owns one and we have a place on the sound it's a wonderful boat and has performed wondefully, he purchased it from boonbocks in bellingham wa, my guess is that, that is who has the boat you found at the boat show, It's a wonderful boat. The only negative thing I have to say is the PRICE!!!

BR

#229395 - 01/25/04 09:34 PM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Screamin'Reels Offline
Egg

Loc: Duvall
The Sea Sport is by far the most superior saltwater fishing machine! My family owned one for quite a few years and we fished all throughout the puget sound. The true test was was when we spent two weeks each year down at the mouth of the Columbia "bouy 10."We crossed the bar time and time again and traveled out to bouy 1. Alot of good memories we made fishing in that boat and I recommend the Sea Sport...

#229396 - 01/26/04 12:09 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
My Brother Ben had a 27' pilot house Seasport with the diesel and ran a charter in Kodiak. He loved that boat and still rants about it every time he sees one, he sold it when he moved to Juneau and bought an aluminum hulled 28 footer, to use for shore access, hunting and such. I have been in the seasport and it was a great vessel for camping as well as fishing.
Handled the waters well.

Steve

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#229397 - 01/26/04 12:14 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Sea Sports are great boats, 1 of only maybe a half dozen glass boats I would consider for the type of fishing I do in Ak.

#229398 - 01/26/04 02:36 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville

#229399 - 01/26/04 04:50 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Jaydee Offline
2010 SRC Champion!

Loc: Paradise City!
They are quite a machine, but even twin 4 strokes are not as fuel efficient as a EFI'd turbo diesel.

#229400 - 01/26/04 08:11 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Hoghunter Offline
Returning Adult

I have owned a 27 SeaSport Pilot for the past 11 years. Bought it new in 92 and have never regretted it for a minute. It's a wonderful boat. I have it fully setup for fishing and camping on. I make 3 to 4 week long trips to WCVI every summer as well as numerous trips to Oregon. When we go we alway's sleep, eat and fish on the boat. I trailer it everywhere with no problem. I would recommend them to anyone interested in a very good reliable northwest fishing boat. It has seen it's share of ocean swells and came away just fine everytime. The Pilot is different from the Navigator in that it has the raised pilot house and an additional berth. I'm in the process of moving up though so if anyone's interested in a great used SeaSport shoot me a line.

#229401 - 01/26/04 09:23 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
What are you moving up to?

#229402 - 01/26/04 10:40 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
mikvin Offline
Parr

Loc: seattle wa
Salmon Leader
If you do much in the San Juans I highly recomend buying from the dealer at lopez island. Islands Marine Company. They have a number of different boats for you to try and all thier used Sea Sports are in top condition. You can test ride a Sea Sport, Pursuit, Parker, or the new Ocean Sport they had at the show. The last was the nicest boat I have seen in a long time.

#229403 - 01/26/04 11:33 AM Re: Sea Sport Boat Experiences?
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
I run a 24' XL and have fished on a couple of 27's. They are great boats but NOT cheap even when they are several years old.

For a family cruising/fishing boat, I would say that some of the other brands extract more usable space out of their hulls than SeaSport does.

I second mikvin's suggestion to visit IMC.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 586 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |