Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#230030 - 02/01/04 02:03 PM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats fine Smalma.

I have had enough, I have seen what is really going on and we are all being lied to about everything.

#230031 - 02/01/04 03:43 PM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
GreenSauks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

#230032 - 02/01/04 05:58 PM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
T Wolf Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Gig Harbor
Try this for a link for fish sales....looks to me like a good portion goes to California....

T Wolf

http://www.salmonnation.com/fishmeal/wild_salmon.html#RestSEA

#230033 - 02/02/04 11:36 AM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Green Sauks:

Thanks for the complete copy of the "Bolt Decision".....I've always wanted to read it.

How well I remember the meetings held in the Aberdeen/Hoquiam area, mid 70's. The meetings had many of the user groups. The "non-indian" gill netters and of course the sport fishing public were always well represented. Wow, the name calling that went on.......nothing ever got changed. beathead Thousands and thousands of hours spent in 100's of meetings, to try and get that "Bolt Decision" changed....and believe me....every angle was looked at and fully discussed. Still it stands slap

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#230034 - 02/02/04 04:01 PM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats a darn good Idea.

Sport fisherman should be involved in the process for negotiations with every tribe on ervery river or beach. We should have a say who fishes when and how much.

I think this should be looked at just like the rule change process.

#230035 - 02/03/04 01:45 AM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
Quote:
Rich - You probably already know that about 60% of the Sol Duc sport harvest of hatchery steelhead occured during the Nov-Jan time frame in the 2001-2002 season. Only around 21% of the sport harvest of wild steelhead occured during those three months. Incidentally that is an increase of more than 20% above the 18.5% of the wild steelhead total harvest for the same three months of the 1998-1999 season. Are you suggesting that all fishing be shut down during that period to prevent the take of the early component that is unavoidable with any recreational fishing?

[/QB]
Plunker, My intent and post was not to argue about a harvest rate and whether we should shut down fishing entirely during the early component of the run. You know where I stand on that statement, and we just have to simply agree to disagree.

My point was to ask some questions and stimulate some thought regarding if wild broodstock programs were really a useful tool in wild steelhead recovery. Maybe this was was the wrong thread to start that discussion.

#230036 - 02/03/04 02:44 AM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rich-

Only a good idea if they are being used to help the run recover and not for harvest. It dosent make much sense for the program to to be used for both at the same time.

As far as the Sol Duc goes I think it would be far more helpful and productive to stop or drastically cut harvest and just alow the fish to make a recovery.

As far as the Bogie and Clawah go I dont know if even enough fish could be caught to start a early program. I dont know if there are enough left. The early runs in these two could be past the point of no return already.

#230037 - 02/03/04 06:04 AM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
Now are you anti hatchery guys starting to see whats going to happen to steelhead and salmon once the hatcheries are gone? Its this reason we needed hatcheries in the first place!

#230038 - 02/03/04 09:50 AM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
gsiegel Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham
RE: Sport vs. Tribal Harvest Statistics

While I agree that there may be some misreporting on both sides, take a look at how the data is collected and published.

The data Plunker quoted I believe comes from the published catch records by the WDFW.

As stated in the document, a multiplying factor is used to adjust the sport numbers. Apparently the magic formula comes from estimates of non-reporting and non-recording of returned record cards, creel census data, etc. Those numbers are NOT simply what is reported! Enforcement encourages immediate recording; I know I don't need a $100 fine for one unpunched fish.

The Tribal data is taken from voluntarily released data from the Tribes (key term there is VOLUNTARILY), and from fish tickets turned in by buyers (I used to buy fish, and let's just say the average kindergartener could find ways around the process). Add to this the no-enforcement factor...

...how hard does the pull have to be before you know your chain is bein' yanked?

According to published figures, the total Tribal elk harvest on the Westside of the OP is something like 20 animals... eek

"I fish, therefore someone else must tend the cooler!"

#230039 - 02/03/04 11:57 AM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I love the generalizations that are spewed forth on this board, especially about the Quinault guides. Makes for a funny ready.

rolleyes

Hey, speaking of which, I might have an open seat on March 12 with Robbin. If it opens up, anyone want to pay for the seat and fish with Robbin and Parker?

You can email me if you are interested. Stlhdr1 is suppose to fish with me, but he may or may not be a ble to make it.

#230040 - 02/03/04 03:25 PM Re: Quinault Tribe--5 days a week, till April 15
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Micro,

You are friggin clueless you must have no idea why hatcheries started in the first place.

Hatcheries were started so we could continue to over harvest.

The problem is harvest still occures at the rate as if the wild fish present while hatchery fish are around are not even there. Tribal Harvest

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
free time, greenlayoid, Kokanee Kids, Lisa Tyree, SpinyRay
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 884 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |