Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#236359 - 03/11/04 12:10 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah, they stopped netting. Of course this was well after WDFW had closed that section to sport fishing and after a big protest "fish-in" that was picked up by local new channels.

I see the Commission being too slow in taking action, and the tribes being even slower.

I guess I don't see the hypocrisy you're referring to.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#236360 - 03/11/04 01:11 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Well Cow, you made my point for WSR--- I think they are both poor stewards of the resource, hence the push for WSR by WSC- in part because WDFW refused to forward requests for WSR on to the commission with their "blessing".

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#236361 - 03/12/04 09:43 AM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
Actually CF....the tribes were caught on film herding fish with sleds into their nets taking advantage of real low water and fish that were sitting ducks in pools.....Calling them stewards of anything is a stretch for sure.

#236362 - 03/12/04 11:21 AM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Grandpa

I hate all nets!

But does it really matter if you "heard" the fish into a gill net or you just "drift" a curtain of death 150 fathoms long by 20 foot deep down the river until the fish get entangled? Same exact affect, but one is just quicker then the other.

If the Commercial boys could figure out a way to do it in the Columbia, they would be on it in a heart beat!

Maybe the Commissioners can work out a back door deal when the commercial boys figure out how to do it!

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#236363 - 03/12/04 01:05 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Jerry Garcia Offline

I'd like to hear some facts about this back door deal I keep hearing about.

Lonnie Gane

#236364 - 03/12/04 01:46 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
wildfishlover Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Duvall
The whole process of fisheries management is a backdoor deal if your definition is getting things done outside of the public meetings..Same thing in politics and business.
OOOOOOOOO big conspiracy!!!! That is how business is conducted out here in the real world.

#236365 - 03/12/04 03:19 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Jerry

Have you heard anything about the Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF) being called in on this issue? This sounds like it might be right down there alley!

"NORTHWEST CENTER What Is The Northwest Center?

Pacific Legal Foundation's Bellevue, Washington, office was established in 1992 to enhance the organization's effectiveness in challenging government regulations that infringe upon private property rights and other constitutional protections in the states of Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho.

In the past ten years, the Northwest region has been the national focus of debate over the delicate balance between the competing interests in a healthy economy and jobs and societal goals to protect potentially threatened species (e.g., spotted owl). Similarly, regulations that demand private property without compensation for public use in the form of wetlands preservation, wildlife habitat, and open space are increasingly being implemented by all levels of government in the region. As property owners and regulators confront each other in court, the opportunity for setting significant national precedent is available through the work of PLF's Northwest Center.

Key Issues Being Litigated

The office challenges numerous kinds of government actions that violate individual and economic liberties protected by the Constitution, including: regulatory "takings" of private property without compensation; arbitrary and capricious denials of reasonable permit applications; unjustified permit fees and exactions that discourage beneficial development; harmful zoning regulations that bear no relation to a legitimate government purpose; unjustified restrictions on reasonable land use under the guise of "habitat preservation" or "steep slopes protection," just to name a few."

Why wouldn't the PLF step in and help out the folks in Forks? Maybe then the whole game plan that Forks may not be able to afford to litigate this would be moot! I know that WSC has there attorneys (Todd) but once PLF gets involved this whole issue may flip-flop faster then a pancake in a frying pan! \:D

So as and officer of WSC, what are you hearing about the PLF getting involved in this issue?

Is it true?

Is it false?

Or is it I don't know?

#236366 - 03/12/04 03:36 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
CFM,

My guess is that the PLF could give a rat's a$$ about a WSR rule in Forks. Now if there was a potential ESA listing that would further curtail the already severely restricted logging, then you'd see them be concerned, or if there was some sort of new wetland regulation that would prevent development, or something like that.

Passing a WSR rule doesn't take anything away from Forks, property wise, so PLF could care less, in my opinion.

Quote:
So as and officer of WSC, what are you hearing about the PLF getting involved in this issue?
Is there a rumor, or are you starting one here?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#236367 - 03/12/04 04:21 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Todd
Are we now having a new rule saying that all questions are starting rumors?

Quote:
Is there a rumor, or are you starting one here?
Why is it that you just turned around my statement? Did you see one word in my post that said this was a rumor?

Quote:
Why wouldn't the PLF step in and help out the folks in Forks?
I was always taught that a "question" (?) was not a "rumor". What school did you learn that a question (?) was a rumor? :p

Seems like a pretty simple question to me Todd.
Quote:

Is it true?

Is it false?

Or is it I don't know?
That sure sound like just like questions to me. You can make, or spin it anyway you want to. \:D

#236368 - 03/12/04 04:30 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Not trying to spin it, but it seems to me if you're asking if something is true or false, then there must be something on the table to consider.

Is what true?
Is what false?

" So as and officer of WSC, what are you hearing about the PLF getting involved in this issue?

Is it true?

Is it false?

Or is it I don't know?"

It's not true, false, or I don't know. I have heard nothing about PLF getting involved.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Every time I disagree with you it is not a "spin"...it's just me disagreeing.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#236369 - 03/12/04 04:38 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Plunker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Skagit Valley
Quote:
Originally posted by cowlitzfisherman:
Jerry

Have you heard anything about the Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF) being called in on this issue?

This sounds like it might be right down there alley!

Is it true?

Is it false?

Or is it I don't know?
If I were a member of a chamber of commerce representing business owners who's livelihoods are being impacted by restrictive public resource use regulations based upon percievably spurious fears and assumptions of ecological threat, then I would probably wish to at least confer with the PLF for an opinion.

I found the following at the PLF website .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the past ten years, the Northwest region has been the national focus of debate over the delicate balance between the competing interests in a healthy economy and jobs and societal goals to protect potentially threatened species (e.g., spotted owl). Similarly, regulations that demand private property without compensation for public use in the form of wetlands preservation, wildlife habitat, and open space are increasingly being implemented by all levels of government in the region. As property owners and regulators confront each other in court, the opportunity for setting significant national precedent is available through the work of PLF's Northwest Center.

The Northwest Center of the PLF is headed by Principal Attorney, Robin L. Rivett, who may be reached at PLF's headquarters in Sacramento, California, (916) 362-2833.

The Northwest Center of the PLF is staffed by:
Managing Attorney Russell C. Brooks - rb@pacificlegal.org
Attorney Amy P. Dempsey - apd@pacificlegal.org
Fund raiser James G. Katzinski - jgk@pacificlegal.org
(and) Legal secretary Roberta L. Carlson

The Northwest Center office is located at:
10940 NE 33rd Place, Suite 109
Bellevue, WA 98004
Phone: (425) 576-0484
fax (425) 576-9565

#236370 - 03/12/04 04:48 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Todd

I don't know why you took it the way that you did!

If you would reread my post, my question was addressed to Jerry, not you \:D So are you now Jerry's counsel \:D \:D :p

Next time I will ask:

"As officers of WSC which one of you will answer!"

Cowlitzfisherman

#236371 - 03/12/04 05:48 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

I know you guys are steelhead fanatics BUT..at the Mill Creek NOF meeting last night Pat Patillo said that the tribes are blocking any further catch and release seasons for salmon. Now how about steelhead? I guess steelhead don't matter as much for the tribes...I know they feed their cats and dogs with wild steelhead so I suppose salmon are more important. They say sports fishers can't account for their catches and certainly couldn't if they release all the wild ones so it is better to deny the CNR fisheries all together. The way I heard WDFW tallk it sounds like the tribes give them permission for everything. Now what about the tribes permission slip for the WSR? Did WSC consult with the tribes and get one ahead of time Jerry?

#236372 - 03/12/04 05:52 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Jerry Garcia Offline

I have heard nothing about the PLF being interested in the Forks issue. Why don't you call them about Tacoma Power and the Cowlitz issue--- maybe you could get some help from them. If Todd was my counsel, we would have to have all consultations on the river. \:D

Lonnie Gane

#236373 - 03/12/04 05:54 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Oh I forgot one other interesting thing...The tribes don't have to abide by CNR..no shocker there. And remember the no taking the fish out of the water rule? Well the tribes don't have to do that either.

What a country!!!.....

Oh and the non-indian commercials have to abide by the CNR rules...they can take the wild ones out of their gill nets and put them in a revival tank that is inside the gunwales of the boat and then toss them over the side...Then if some of them die..oh well 50% mortality ain't bad. If they happen to rip out a gill or two in the process they can keep those wild fish and sell them.

That all makes perfect sense....

#236374 - 03/12/04 05:54 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Jerry Garcia Offline

No Grandpa, we didn't consult the tribes about their wishes anymore than we consulted Forks about theirs. We made the fish the top priority.

Lonnie Gane

#236375 - 03/12/04 06:01 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Jerry

What makes you think that we didn't contact PLF ?

\:D \:D \:D

#236376 - 03/12/04 06:04 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Hey JG you were sitting right in front of me last night and I suspect heard the same things I heard..Didn't they keep saying they had to consult with the tribes on just about everything? Didn't they say to check with the tribes before floating a new idea? I'm not saying you should have or should in the future but I just thought it was interesting how much weight the tribes have in every move WDFW makes. They want something in return is what I heard for everything they agree to. Sometimes I wonder why we even have a WDFW dept. Just turn the whole fisheries and hunting operation to the tribes. They could then charge us all to fish and hunt.

#236377 - 03/12/04 06:21 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
Jerry Garcia Offline

The tribes are co-managers of the resource. I don't know if co-manage means 50-50 split or what. Seems to me that WDFW and the tribes co-managing is kind of like playing monopoly with somebody that won't make a fair trade, the trade always has to be in their favor. The WSR issue is a little different because their would not be additional harvest on the wild fish plus the fact that WSR (with exceptions) is the rule already. I don't think WDFW has to consult the tribes about removing fish from harvest. Those guys from WDFW last night are very careful when they talk about the tribes.

Lonnie Gane

#236378 - 03/12/04 07:16 PM Re: The "real facts" about the Feb. 6 Commission
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Jerry

What do either you or Todd think that the word "co-managers" means….from a legal stand point?

Since "Todd" is a co-board member and legal advisor of WSC, who had previously "accepted an appointment as an Assistant Attorney General with the Washington State Attorney General’s Office", where he also represented the Department of Fish and Wildlife, we would like to here his opinion on this issue. His work centered around tribal hunting and fishing rights, so shouldn't he be able to come up with some pretty quick answers and opines for both of you.?

I would like to hear from the WSC legal expert

Cowlitzfisherman

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 188 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645462 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |