THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#241942 - 04/26/04 03:33 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats exactly how I feel salmonbelly!

#241943 - 04/26/04 04:15 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Salmonbelly,
I know you have been here on this site a long time.And I have been here awhile myself.And your post really hit the nail on the head.Its sad what this forum has turned into.Most of the great regulars that were posting when I joined are long gone.Or dont post nearly as often as they did.Or got booted for having a differant opinion.

#241944 - 04/26/04 04:42 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Geez Jerry, it's nice to know I am loved. \:D

#241945 - 04/26/04 05:42 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Nothing like a big hug

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#241946 - 04/26/04 05:44 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
I stumbled across this one this morning:

For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. Mt 12:34-35

Bob,
Thanks again for your time, effort and sacrifice in providing us with a quality venue for the civil and respectful discussion of our common interests. While it is unfortunate that leadership requires making the tough call from time to time, you have shown us your heart in having done so only as a last resort and having taken no pleasure in the task. I hope that through your leadership and the mutual respect of others that this board will be everything you hope for.

CFM and Bruce,
Wherever you are, I hope you find what you are looking for too and that things will go better for you. I am sorry that you are gone and this is the way it had to be.

Guys and gals,
Peace and good fishing.

Life goes on,
Mooch
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#241947 - 04/26/04 09:24 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
This site belongs to Bob and Bob alone what he does with it is his business who he bans or who he lets stay is entirely at his discression. He has cut me a lot of slack in the past for speaking my mind but if he'd have banned me there'd have been no hard feelings.
as Bob asid there's more to life...

#241948 - 04/26/04 10:06 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
And we'll add another to the list: Hairlipangler.

There may be more to come as well.

I don't get a perverse pleasure out of banning people, but those that cause a ruckuss will be booted period.

Call it censorship if you want, but it comes down to maintaining a board civility.

In Hairlip's case, it comes down to maintaining the only major NW board that has not charged for access or asked readers for dollars.

He sent the following to Three Rivers Marine this afternoon:

Dear Sirs,

I regret to inform you I will no longer do any business with your store, due to your association with Piscatorial Pursuits. The owner of that site (Bob Ball), has taken to censoring those who do not agree with the position of the WSC on WSR. Some of those he's censored helped make that site successful. I cannot support him, his website, or his decision to censor pollitically sensitive conversation. I ask that you reconsider advertising on his site.

There is nothing personal, nothing vendictive, but there is a cost for his actions. In this case, it's my support. Thanks for taking the time to read my gripe.

Regards, Real Name Withheld by Bob

That is Hairlip's perogative and right to send the letter off ... but's it's also my right to keep the board running w/o asking for dollars from the users ... so if you wish to try to take that away from myself and ALL users of PP, find a new place to put your $.02 in.

As Goldberg liked to say, "Who's Next?".

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#241949 - 04/26/04 11:12 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Damn, Bob, you jes go wit yo' bad self!

\:D

#241950 - 04/26/04 11:19 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
Well my daddy who spent 60 plus years fishing commercially and sports fishing always made a point of repeating to me!!! If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all, I wonder if that is why my tongue is always hurting???PEACE

#241951 - 04/27/04 12:00 AM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Well, I wasn’t going to say anything but I am starting to wonder.
I know this is Bob’s board and he can do what ever he pleases. I am thankful to Bob for the web site and enjoyed the all the great information and the people I have met on here. But lately the tones have changed and I am really not that interested anymore and the people I use to like to see post here are no longer around, due to being booted or just decided to leave all together.

What really bothers me about this is I don’t think some people are being treated fairly just because their views. I have never met Bruce or Cowlitz but I thought they brought up some good points and for the most they were not flaming or baiting (my point of view whether it’s right or wrong). If you don’t like what they have to say you don’t have to listen or reply. What really bothers me are all the snide remarks and negative under tones that AuntyM has thrown out but she plays the victim and get away with it, (again my point of view).

I copied this from a poster from gamefishin.com and if it is true, then you are one cold hearted B@@@ Aunty M and it really shows your true color and how childish you are because some one disagrees with you, if not, then my apologies.

“Another new poster here. A friend said to check it out so I am here.
Like previous posters, I like some people on the PP board. I have some good friends on there.
Bruce, sorry about what happened over there. I really don't think it was you but when you wine to the mods and there your friends, you know the outcome.
Any way I want you to clear up something for me, since I only heard it through the grape vine.
Is it true that you got stuck at Cathalemet (SP?) and Aunty M was there and she did nothing to help you out but rather take pictures so she can post it on the web to make fun?
If this is true, that is cold. I would not even do that to some one I dislike. That is just childish behavior and revengeful. Even though I don't care for the Aunty I would still help out if I was in that situation.
Karma, what goes around comes around.
Also glad to see Cowlitz fisherman make a home here, even though we had some arguments over at PP, but I respect his knowledge and his stance.
Again, sorry Bruce for the boot but **** happens I guess fair or not huh? “
Anyway that’s my .02

#241952 - 04/27/04 01:01 AM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Fishingjunky15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Wow have I been out of the loop for four or five days and havn't logged on. I noticed that there was some flamming on some posts but mostly I just ignore thouse because they get too stupid to listen too. Might I ask why CFM was booted? I know he was a little loud sometime but he always was one of our watch dogs for events and seminars that concern sport fishermen. I know he brought a lot to the board about saving our fishing. Anyway I was just wondering since I haven't been on in a while.

As for Bruce? I never really liked him here, he's fine on his board but he seemed to really like to argue here.

#241953 - 04/27/04 02:09 AM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
FJ ... CFM's departure is primarily laid out in a previous thread, you can go back and read it regarding warnings about his posting attitude.

It was initially a temp time-out, but the response from him, some info that I was passed regarding $$$ and Friends of the Cowlitz, as well as his involvement in the petition to rescind the mortorium (after all, it does affect MY livelihood and he can spew his propaganda and someone else's dime) took any chance of a reinstatement and tossed it far out the window.

I'm sick of the conspiracy theory crap. Those that continue to to beat upon will also be shown the door. I give lots of leeway on this site, but I'll put my foot down as well.

On his site, Bruce long ago asked for people to boycott those that make this site happen ... I even let that slide. Every day, he had to find some to ARGUE and not simply discuss with. Day after day, week after week. Enough is enough. Granted Aunty M ruffles some feathers here and there ... most do at one time or another. But, calling a lady a "fat cow" finally pushed him over my edge.

Playing favorites? Maybe, but if the kids didn't fight, the teacher wouldn't have to step in and perhaps show a little bias. What has Bruce done for this site other than egg people on?

Haven't seen many tips, or run-of-the-mill everyday posts from him ... nor have I seen him participate in board actvities or fund-raisers.

If you don't like the rules of the game here, go elsewhere. There's probably about a dozen active NW internet fishing forum people that have been booted from here over the years, so you should have enough to make some conversation. I'm pretty sure http://www.bannedfrompp.com is available \:\)

Some need to remember that fishing is about having fun, and although there are often some serious issues that are brought up from time to time, no matter how emotional you might be, a little repsect is gonna be what keeps you around. Others need to take BB's a whole lot less seriously, get up from your keyboard, go fishing, play golf, do something!

And to all those that have great info and stories to share, and even those with opposing views to most of us but with enough courtesy to discuss things rationally and civily ... thanks!

PS - As I said, I may not be done. Got lots of time off for the next month before AK season heats up. Gonna have lots of time to read and keep a close eye on the playground! ;\) The mood around the house is gonna change, one way or another!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#241954 - 04/27/04 02:15 AM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Hey Bob

Yeah I took the bait. I actually tried that "banned from PP" link just to see if it would work ( OK, maybe just to see who all the bad apples were). It didn't work.

Haven't ever thanked you personally for the work you put into this site....so THANKS!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#241955 - 04/27/04 02:33 AM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Nailknot Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seattle
I've always enjoyed this site 'cause of the level of discourse and the deep experience and perspective a few members bring, even for us newbies with honest questions. Recently it's gone downhill with the WSR reg- seems like the same questions on thread after thread even though they were answered and going mean sideways blaming flyfishers etc etc. Just a ongoing stream of stranger and weirder ideas about how C&R steelhead is for PETA etc. It had to stop somewhere. There is a reasonable debate to be had about the particulars of the issue. "Culture war" seems to have been embraced by some- they must be real put upon. Real strange.

Seems uncouth to me, that another board owner would be posting so much on this site, with such an attitude.

Thanks for moderating Bob and Jerry.

#241956 - 04/27/04 01:23 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
DJFISHS2XS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oak Harbor Wa
you got to admit the lines are being drawn in the sand. It does seem that the people that diagree with the WSR/WCR are being sent to exicle, The Tribe has spoken....Agenda's work this way.... devided we fall......I guess Im next...DJ

#241957 - 04/27/04 01:38 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Procast-inator Offline
Eyed Egg

I usually lurk at all the fishing sites, but I have to say that the one thing I found in common on all of them is this: Everyone tends to SUCKUP to the owners of the sites. Kind of like in high school everyone had to say hi to the popular guy so that they wouldnt get picked on. Well, this isnt high school, these are all grownups (or supposed to be) and they all have a voice and an opinion and if you have a public forum, then they should be able to speak their mind without repercussions. Unfortunately, when you do voice your opinion and it isnt a popular one, then you get chastised, ridiculed and also banned.

So, for all the suckups (you know who you are if you re-read this thread), I say continue to suck up cuz eventually you will get something that is going to be hard to swallow, and to those who voice their opinions, keep on doing so! thats what this world is all about, opposing views and diverse thinking.

I also noticed something, why are the administrators called "Wardens"? Kind of appropo wouldnt you say?

I love to fish, I love to eat fish, but I also have a respect for the resources and their future. I do not take a hitleristic approach to conservation, and feel that all true sportsmen feel the same way.

Ban me if you like, but I do have alot of stuff to contribute if you are looking for contributing members, even though I may not agree with WSC and others.

#241958 - 04/27/04 01:56 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I've noticed that I can post just about any opinion I want, anywhere I want, if I do it civilly. The various folks who get banned from boards generally have a hard time with the concept of civility.
They also seem to have a hard understanding that this isn't a 'public' forum. This is Bob's private property, and we post here with his permission, which he can revoke for whatever reasons he might or might not have. I haven't noticed that hampering my ability to voice my opinion. It does seem to hamper a few people whose opinion seems to be that anyone who disagrees with them is a pinheaded jerk. So be it.

#241959 - 04/27/04 02:11 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
fishdontbiteforme Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
After the last few months of watching all this stuff transpire it seems to me that some of the things that are going on are ill-gotten feelings for one another from a long time ago, just not in the recent months concerning wsc. As far as favortism, and things always being not fair, well thats life, things will not always be fair. I agree with some of the points from both sides, and i also look at it that some of both sides have at one point in time gotten out of hand, but as far as a fisherman being in distress and taking pictures is totally ridiculous and immature. So if Bruce was out there in the water in a life or death situation would you still be taking pictures and poking fun? That doesn't sit well with me at all, we are all human beings. If it wasn't for someone helping me out in a crisis situation on the water i would more than likely be dead or have some permanent injuries from hypothermia. This whole thing has just gotten out of hand IMHO on everyone's part. I wonder how many fisherpersons are gonna have to watch there backs on the water this year because of opposing views. So I take it we have fishing gangs now. Totally pathetic.

#241960 - 04/27/04 02:24 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
DJFISHS2XS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Oak Harbor Wa
SH...I well be the fisrt to admit that sometimes my communication skills need some work....and after reviewing my posts I can tell you Im not even close to what comes across on the sites. its also real easy to lump all the people who disagree into trouble makers. Lets use CLF for an example...he had lots to offer, but a little rough around the edges. He was good for the board he made people think.

#241961 - 04/27/04 02:42 PM Re: First CFM, Now Bruce!
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Welcome aboard, Procast-inator.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |