THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252136 - 08/17/04 11:40 AM Re: Mouse damage...
DEEPWATER Offline
Smolt

Loc: MAPLE VALLEY, WA
And I thought that this was going to be a computer hardware issue. :p

Deepwater

#252137 - 08/17/04 12:38 PM Re: Mouse damage...
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Bologna works better then peanut butter and no clean up of the peanut butter from the trap when done. I whacked an entire family in my garage. Got the Mom, Dad and two kids with the kill bar as they could not resist the Bologna. I do like the idea however of sniping them. ;\)

#252138 - 08/17/04 01:05 PM Re: Mouse damage...
jackiepoo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: University Place Washington
Come on the miata thing just kills me, and heck I was just watching out for the well being of humans and animals I didn't know it was a joke, if you seriously want to gang bang me for having a heart for animals then oh well.

#252139 - 08/17/04 06:07 PM Re: Mouse damage...
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

My parents use peanut butter on a piece of banana. I guess the buggers eat it rather than lick it and....snap! The banana itself would probably drive rats away like it does fish. By the way...I don't think the banana feels a thing.

#252140 - 08/17/04 07:02 PM Re: Mouse damage...
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Got first taste of revenge this A.M at 06:05. While making coffie I hear the trap snap.... Peanut butter for bait... The little thing was still qivering so I smashed its head with a ball peen hammer.... SWEET. Decon is in place also. The wife ( you know, the woman I am accused of beating etc ) is worried that the mice will eat the decon.. then her cat will eat the mice and die....

I am thinking that would be a win, win situation ???? Easy now Jackie... don't you and your girl friends get all wound up and have a hissy fit... I am just joking again... The cats safe. However, keep in mind that if you do actually come over here to try and kick my ass, there is some law about crossing state lines in a Miata if a man is driving it.. and if it has one of those rainbow stickers on the back, its like a felony

#252141 - 08/17/04 07:08 PM Re: Mouse damage...
paul in b'ham Offline
Smolt

Loc: b'ham,WA.
I wouldn't use poison!!!!

They eat it get real sick and go curl up somewhere and die .... problem is that it can get REAL STINKY as they slowly decompose. Kill them in the traps, that way you know where the carcass is!!

Tight Lines

Paul

#252142 - 08/17/04 08:22 PM Re: Mouse damage...
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lakewood, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by B-RUN STEELY:
However, keep in mind that if you do actually come over here to try and kick my ass, there is some law about crossing state lines in a Miata if a man is driving it.. and if it has one of those rainbow stickers on the back, its like a felony
And the Miata jokes keep on coming
RL

They can have my eggs when they pry em from cold dead hands

#252143 - 08/18/04 12:00 AM Re: Mouse damage...
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville
side note on cats... to keep cats from pissing in your boat. use a live cage trap like the ones for raccons. and before you turn fluffy lose to go back home to the cat lady down the street,, set the pressure washer on low or medium and give fluffy the once over.
now the key is not to let up to soon. if you just piss it off it will come back in a few days keep up the water treatment until the cat gives up hope and just hangs its head in defeat.. after that they never come back. takes a week or so to get all the cats in the area but its well worth the work and really fun.

#252144 - 08/18/04 12:20 AM Re: Mouse damage...
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
My plan was to live trap the neighborhood cats,then give 'em a coat of flourescent spray paint before turning them loose. \:D

#252145 - 08/18/04 12:28 AM Re: Mouse damage...
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville
remember that if you turn the trapped cats in to the pound it cost the owner 75 bucks to get them back. after a few times writing checks they start to keep their cats locked up in side.

#252146 - 08/18/04 01:24 AM Re: Mouse damage...
Anonymous
Unregistered

B-Run,

I'm with Paul in B'Ham...don't use the poision! If one of those little stinkies gets into the walls and dies..it will breed maggots, smell and cause damage.

Also, as fan of kitties, I can say losing a buddy to poision is a horrible thing to watch. I lost one of my favorite cats, as a kid, when he ate a poisioned gopher. It was awful to see.

And no, I ain't no PETA person. Spent many years as a trapper. Actually, I call them "Anal Rights Activists", as they are a bunch of ...well, you understand.

Mike

#252147 - 08/18/04 02:37 AM Re: Mouse damage...
BennyBlack Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Or Starcraft, you could trap them, Give them to your buddy with hounds, and put some lion or bobcat scent on them for training the pups.

That keeps them away pretty good.

I wouldn't know though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |