Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#256756 - 10/04/04 05:48 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Head Hunter Offline
Parr

Loc: Snohomish
C'mon guys, aren't we taking this a little far. The way I look at it is that if a fish is hooked anywhere in the mouth it is fair hooked, "flossed" or not. While these fish have run the gambit of commercial and indian nets, some of us have the nerve to complain about a guy who's using a little hook and line trying to catch his dinner. I see no problem in hooking a fish any way you can legally, whether intentionally "flossing" or not. Just my opinion.

#256757 - 10/04/04 06:11 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
TK - they will chase. I've only fished the Snohomish a few times, but i've had a few chase. Most just like to jump and tease you.
I can also say that up on the snoqualmie and the sky I catch many each year that slam my lure, and many of those follow all the way up to my feet before smashing it. If you are really convinced that silvers won't chase and strike on the Sno\Sky - come with me some time. you will be a believer \:\)

HH - you may have a point (not a great one, but at least a valid one) if these guys were flossing just for food - as in catch 2 and go home. Instead, it looks like some guys floss just to C&R as many as they can to have some big numbers to brag about. Flossing and snagging is nothing to brag about.... If a guys feels he needs to stoop to desperate measures to feed his family - well I'll leave that up to the judge, but flossers and snaggers who do it just for sport are a sad lot in my opinion...

PS - I have no idea if anyone in this thread is a flosser\snagger or not. I'm talking hypothetical and from my personal experience and observations...

#256758 - 10/04/04 06:19 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Well this thread went to hell

#256759 - 10/04/04 06:33 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Jetjockey Offline
Fry

Loc: Bonney Lake
Usually I just check this forum and never post anything. I don't have anyidea about the flossing situation on the snoho. BUT I do know that these fish will chase. I have only fished from the confluene down to the bridge (still new to this fishery) and have used dick nites on a very limited basis (about 10 casts). Most of the times I cast or troll wiggle warts for them. Last week, I had 6 chasers in one day, three of those were on three consecutive casts, I think one even gave me the finger. We didn't kill the fish but we did manage to get a couple on wiggle warts, hooked right inside the mouth. For the number of fish jumping you would think we would have hooked more fish, oh well. Next time I think I'm gonna use my shotgun and shoot the jumping fish, should get my limit in about 3 minutes, is that worse than flosssing for um??

#256760 - 10/04/04 07:09 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
PP,

Sure the chase but not like active biters in Alsaka. Every single cast up there you have fish chasing your lure. On the Snoho system it's the exception not the rule. They also bite once in a while. I helped an 10 year old kid land a fish last week. He threw a Mepps first cast and whammo! nailed a 5lb coho. 100 people fishing within a quarter mile of him thowing everything but the kitchen sink getting nothing.

BTW I have no problem with flossing. Infact I think it is somewhat of an art form in itself. Lets just not pretend we are in a world class coho fishery. Coho are not like finicky steelhead when they are biting.

#256761 - 10/04/04 07:25 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

I wish those dang Coho bit like Shad \:D

#256762 - 10/04/04 07:29 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
LT,

Go up to Ak they do. It's silly. Your arm gets tired after a few days.

#256763 - 10/04/04 07:58 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

King

That would be a dream come true. I have never been to AK yet :rolleyes:

#256764 - 10/04/04 08:27 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Capt. Steelhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard,WA
CB,I know the answers,that you seek what do I get?I would like to know who let the cat out of the freezer?

#256765 - 10/04/04 08:33 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
If Piscatorial Pursuits were a cable TV channel it would no doubt be called

"The Personal Attack Channel"

What a great reality tv hit it would be. Probably go to #1 quick. If Sam Kinnison were still alive he would make a great MC.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#256766 - 10/04/04 08:43 PM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
Capt. Steelhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard,WA
I like Don Pardoe but that's just me but a good idea GP ;\)

#256767 - 10/05/04 03:13 AM Re: Snohomish Boat coho w/pics
bigb8bigfish Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Canyon Man, excellent pics and enjoy it every year! Just to bad you get a few jealous souls to spoil it, but, good start on the thread!!!! Sounds like Sky-Guy needs to take a few lessons from you \:D ;\) \:D .

And yes Lead Thrower, if silvers hit like Shad, more people would bring home more fish, but can't help looking at the expressions on peoples faces when a fish slacks their line and breaks water in front of them. What a Kodak moment!

Robert

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |