Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#260032 - 11/03/04 10:38 AM Bush Rocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

He is a fine man that president! He even loves to fish. Need to invite him for a float trip on the river of his choice! Too bad you little loser liberals! hehehehe

#260033 - 11/03/04 10:42 AM Re: Bush Rocks
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: oregon
Hey Sky, the timber industry, large corporations and those making more than a million dollars a year totally agree with you!! The salmon and steelhead and middle income taxpayer on the other hand took a huge hit yesterday.

RM

#260034 - 11/03/04 10:51 AM Re: Bush Rocks
Queetsqueef Offline
Returning Adult

Bush is the worst thing that could've happened to sporting in our state, and every other state that depends on forests and fisheries. I'm disgusted! Has anybody noticed the exponential increase in logging recently? I've seen, just in the last few months, massive clearcutting of our "national forest" lands. Don't know for sure the details, but it's happening. Don't expect the Bush administration to protect our delicate forests and fisheries, despite what he told you four years ago.

#260035 - 11/03/04 11:00 AM Re: Bush Rocks
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Quote:
increase in logging recently? I've seen, just in the last few months
yeap it's called a recovering economy

#260036 - 11/03/04 11:06 AM Re: Bush Rocks
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Well I'm pretty much middle income, and with Bush as president I've seen an increase of almost 15% in my annual income, and I dont work for a oil company, or logging company. So I happy with Bush.

#260037 - 11/03/04 11:25 AM Re: Bush Rocks
rwgav8 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Orting
Quote:
Originally posted by sky # er:
He is a fine man that president! He even loves to fish. Need to invite him for a float trip on the river of his choice! Too bad you little loser liberals! hehehehe
Very mature! :rolleyes:

Are you even old enough to vote?

#260038 - 11/03/04 11:32 AM Re: Bush Rocks
B-12 Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma, WA
Timber is a renewable resource. So are the fish. I find it hard to believe that we'd have gotten any more face time with the Kerry camp regarding management of our renewable resources than we will/have with Bush, or any other previous president.

#260039 - 11/03/04 12:20 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Quote:
Originally posted by gvbest:
Well I'm pretty much middle income, and with Bush as president I've seen an increase of almost 15% in my annual income, and I dont work for a oil company, or logging company. So I happy with Bush.
Does that really help when gas and everything else gets more expensive too?

#260040 - 11/03/04 12:22 PM Re: Bush Rocks
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: oregon
Keep in mind that when GW took office gasoline was about a dollar a gallon, it's more than 2.00 now. For my full size chevy truck that works out to be an additional 900 dollars per year. Also consider the fact that I haven't made a dollar on my 401k in three years. Healthcare has increased at a rate 4 times average income...your not making any more money now.

Yes the forest is a renewable resource but remember our forests are owned by all of us...they are "public lands". Because of this these areas are managed for "multiple use", harvest, fishing, camping, sight-seeing, etc. GW upon taking office appointed a timber lobbyist as head of the United States Forest Service...this certainly doesn't demonstrate the publics interest for "multiple use". Oh by the way...the timber industry just happens to provide millions to GW in campaign contributions, imagine that. Fish and wildlife lost in a big way.

RM

#260041 - 11/03/04 12:30 PM Re: Bush Rocks
leramos Offline
Egg

Loc: snohomish
whoooo hoo BUSH wins....

#260042 - 11/03/04 12:30 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Complaining about gas prices really doesn't work for me. How much have gas prices really gone up over the years? If gas had kept pace with inflation over the last 30-50 years nobody would even be able to afford to drive. Gas prices were going to take a jump up sooner or later... it finaly happened.

#260043 - 11/03/04 12:35 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Fishaddict Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: lacey, Wa.
Well my question is:

Is Patty Murray a dude ???

#260044 - 11/03/04 12:37 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
If ya have to ask you don't really want to know!

#260045 - 11/03/04 12:45 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

The recession was on its way before Bush took office. Clinton holds more responsibility for 911 than Bush does, and the fact that Clinton creted so many low paying jobs did little to actually help the economy.

If you see how so many large companies were multiple times overvalued, the "correction" in the market was expected.

Sooner or later things must balance out...Clinton got them out-of-whack,a nd Bush is trying to get things back on track to be stable.

The REAL test of Bush's financial policies will come during this term, as the things he put into effect in the last 4 years will soon begin to show the differences they should make. If they do, great, if they don't...well...let's just hope they do help.

Most all of you folks get a paycheck every week or two, but as a Ind. Sales Rep. I don't get paid unless a purchase is made. The products I represent apply to a very narrow market in the electronics industy...and none of them are low cost. I would LOVE to see major companies start loosening the purse-strings on capital purchases...believe me, I could breath easier if they did!

As to Bush's environmental policies...I don't like them either. He stinks in that Dept., BUT, sad to say, there is more to running the most powerful office in the world than fish and trees.

Of the 2 choices, Bush was far and away the best choice. IMO all politicians are crooks, so it is a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils in any event.

My 2 cents worth...(and that is the same value as any of our opinions holds)

Mike

#260046 - 11/03/04 12:48 PM Re: Bush Rocks
B-12 Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma, WA
I agree that "management" is the key to the success of our Multi-use resources, or public assetts. I certainly don't have the knowledge to develop the appropriate course of "action" in mangement. I do support the use of those assetts for profit. Economies historically supported by the timber industry need to be sustained. How much revenue does sight seeing generate?
Perhaps the brakes were not put on the declining economy quick enough.... but I'm not comfortable blaming the president for a decline in economic conditions that was bound to happen following such a robust economy the years before. That's like trying to make gold a rotten egg.

Our 401k's not performing recently is a direct result of overperformance in the previous decade.... and we weren't complaining then. How could any government sustain the growth that we had seen?

The full size truck argument is less than valid in my opinion... My Nissan pulls my driftboat just fine... Hell I could tow it with a car if I needed to, I drive a truck by choice... and pay the gas bill by choice. I would venture most of us drive our 3/4 ton Dually Trucks and Excursion SUV's by choice... not out of neccesity. Mini Vans carry as many kids as Expeditions do... Obviously, some of you are towing 5th wheels, campers, sleds, and salt boats.... but I have feeling there are a few guys out there with $600 truck payments and $900 gas bills that had a choice.

#260047 - 11/03/04 12:53 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Did you really need to start ANOTHER thread implying that the only people that voted for Kerry are bleeding heart liberals? The blatant arrogance, stupidity, and tunnel vision that gets flaunted here sometimes is beyond belief.

I know I'm not the only middle of the road Bush hater here but it always seems like the guys that are staunch Bush supporters assume that anyone that would DARE vote for a demo is either a communist or a moron.

Some of us with priorities like the environment and jobs (not to mention coming clean when he screws up) simply don't see him as much of a champion.

#260048 - 11/03/04 01:06 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: maine
I am just interested in seeing how much more Bush is going to F-up the country now. He did a great job in persuading the country Kerry was an idiot but truly he is the bigger idiot

#260049 - 11/03/04 01:16 PM Re: Bush Rocks
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Quote:
Originally posted by Fishaddict:
Well my question is:

Is Patty Murray a dude ???
Now dats funny--- --Like chill out Gingas Kahn ya aint drafting my kid cause you want wars that will never end.

Time to go fishing

#260050 - 11/03/04 01:21 PM Re: Bush Rocks
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Funny, looking at the map Washington state was BLUE... any righties want to explain that

#260051 - 11/03/04 01:32 PM Re: Bush Rocks
stlhd_dreaming Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: maine
Congrats to bush and his voters. So now when I retire and you retire there will be no Medicare and no Social Security. Cant blame bush when that happens you can only blame yourselves for voting for him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
12gauge, Doug Kelly, tredfish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (liveblues), 501 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |