THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275412 - 12/10/04 01:35 AM Alright You none Christians?
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
Enough is Enough,
So you don’t believe in Christ, But every one of you folks give gifts, and do the Holiday stuff :rolleyes: .
Christmas …Hum a hello …….CHRISTS MASS. A Christian celebration! So if you don’t believe, then don’t use it to show your love to Your families, and friends. find something else, and go to work. Why should your get a Pd vacation for celebrating some thing you don’t believe in? So for those of you that don’t believe go out side take your stupid lights off your houses, get the tree out of your house, go to work, and continue to bash GOD and JESUS CHRIST. And quit using them for your gain of receiving something for nothing.
Get a clue. Already.

Jim

#275413 - 12/10/04 02:05 AM Re: Alright You none Christians?
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
I haven't seen anyone here, yet, "bash" Christ or God. I'm sure there are a few here that may not be Christian, they're probably Jewish, or Buddhist, or even Islamic maybe. I have, however, seen a few here that hypocritically claim to me more Christian than the rest of us.

By the way, what exactly do the lights, trees, and getting a day off have to do with celebrating the birth of Christ? Perhaps those self-appointed psuedo-Christian role models should put away their lights and ornaments, leave the tree to live, and simply keep the day Holy as it was meant to be.

Face it, Christmas and celebrating the birth of Christ has internationally morphed into two separate events for quite some time now. Although we keep trying to remind people that He is the reason for the season, as long as there's a dollar to be made commercial-Christmas will reign.

#275414 - 12/10/04 03:28 AM Re: Alright You none Christians?
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
I don't do trees, lights, or decorations. I don't exchange gifts with some of my family members because they are as excited about the holiday as me. I still exchange gifts with the others, but would prefer not to.
If the holiday falls on a day I work, I'm at work. If the state wants to give me extra comp time for being there, fine with me.

#275415 - 12/10/04 06:40 AM Re: Alright You none Christians?
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
talk to me when you stop perpetuating idiocy like the easter bunny and santa claus.

you DO tell your kid about santa..................................................................................................................................................don't you?

THEN we'll talk about hypocrisy.

#275416 - 12/10/04 09:18 AM Re: Alright You none Christians?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
I always wondered about that Easter bunny. I visualize a rabbit dying on the cross and then coming back three days later to hide some colored eggs for the kids.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#275418 - 12/10/04 11:19 AM Re: Alright You none Christians?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
" leave the tree to live"

My kids know exactly who santa and the easter bunny are - things made up by marketing groups to sell more product. Also pushed by anti-religious types to take the focus of the actual celebration.

#275419 - 12/10/04 01:54 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
h2o Offline
Carcass

so..............

.....no tree?

hypocrite.

best thread ever

#275420 - 12/10/04 02:21 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Why are non-Christians so bent on TRYING to point out hypocrisy on Christians??? To be honest, it probably isn’t that hard of a task. Just a little harder than finding it in a non-Christian I'm sure... As you've noticed and try to point out any chance you get, Christian people are just that - people. The big difference is that Christians accept God's gift of forgiveness. The gift that came packaged in the person of Jesus Christ. The original Christmas gift...

PS - I don't have a Christmas tree this year. We have 3. We are starting a new family tradition this year with 3 small artificial trees - one for each of our boys. The 3 trees fit nicely into the "Three Trees" story that blends the importance of Christmas and Easter into one story that the kids love. I look forward to building other lasting Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving traditions with my boys as they grow.

#275421 - 12/10/04 02:25 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
The haters like to push the Pagan ritual lie but it is no where near true. The Pagan ritual was held outdoors. The first christmas tree was of course and Olive tree in the manger at Christs birth visitiation by the wisemen. The first indoor tree is said to have been an idea of Martin Luther he saw the stars twinkling off of the branches of a fir tree on a Christmas walk. He liked it so much he cut one down and brought it home. The idea spead through England and Germany and morphed from there. Regardless of what practices and rituals people use for Christmas it has zero to do with the bible as I have said before this world is ruled by free will. Degrading the bible with the works of man is nothing more than the work of man.

#275422 - 12/10/04 02:31 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
h2o Offline
Carcass

....and dinosaur bones are really chicken bones.

we here you elvis.

loud and clear.....

#275423 - 12/10/04 02:41 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

We know H20 mamma done you wrong and you cannot forgive her for it. God done you wrong also and it's all his fault. Let me amend this to fit you "Degrading the bible with the works of a boy is nothing more than the work of a boy.

#275424 - 12/10/04 02:55 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Some of my ancestors thought dinosaur tasted like chicken - so maybe that statement isn't that far off???

\:D

#275425 - 12/10/04 02:56 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
h2o Offline
Carcass

and the words of an idiot are, well, the words of an idiot.

brilliant stuff elvis

NEXT!

#275426 - 12/10/04 02:58 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
h2o Offline
Carcass

PP-

that might be funny if there weren't at least a million years separating dinosaurs and man.

excellent diversionary tactic though.

Is it your contention that they walked the earth at the same time? do tell....

#275427 - 12/10/04 05:06 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Of course not. That would be a major problem for the theory of evoloution...

I'll know the answer for sure after I die, or after I get my time machine working - which ever comes first ...

#275428 - 12/10/04 05:09 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Don't be so hard on yourself H20.

#275429 - 12/10/04 05:21 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by PhishPhreak:
Why are non-Christians so bent on TRYING to point out hypocrisy on Christians???
Exactly who here hasn't passed your litmus test for being Christian?

#275430 - 12/10/04 05:34 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

I really don't think it's MY "limtmus test" you should be concerned with....

;\)

#275432 - 12/10/04 06:35 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
FlyingFish Offline
Parr

Quote:
Originally posted by h2o:
PP-

that might be funny if there weren't at least a million years separating dinosaurs and man.

excellent diversionary tactic though.

Is it your contention that they walked the earth at the same time? do tell....
It always amuses me when people try to make others look stupid and fail. He said his "ancestors"...I am assuming, from your disposition in previous posts, you are an atheist and believe in evolution? In that case, he would have had to have ancestors in some form alive at the time, since we all developed from some original spontaneously "created" life approximately 1 billion years ago. So, he was right, and your attempted mocking stopped at the attempt :rolleyes: .

Also, where did you get your "at least a million years" number? A shot in the dark? Because the generally accepted number is 65 million years, and the only people who discredit that cite the inconsistency of carbon dating.

I normally try to be a little more respectful, but I suppose I can't bring a knife to a gun fight

#275433 - 12/10/04 07:17 PM Re: Alright You none Christians?
headshakes Offline
Parr

Loc: Wales, UK
Alright you guys are a little freaky. Don't believe in it myself but the wife does that's fine. Living abroad in a religous place you can't get away from it, not that I want to. Have 2 little boys that will probably be regular church goers. They teach it in school over here. They will probably do what I did and make up there own mind when the time comes. Certainly won't force them into anything. My Christmas is about my family and ones who need to be remembered, traditions and sharing. Will take my boys to church because church over here is much more than your Sunday routine. Share a little love lads, mind yourselves and tie some leaders for me!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1384 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |