Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29962 - 08/31/06 02:31 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
How come this bigfoot nonsense didnt start up until 40 years ago when that drunk redneck went out with his gorilla suit? How come back at the turn of the 20th century, when the lumberjacks had every square inch of Western Washington clearcut, riparian areas and all, and never replanted, NO ONE EVER SAW a damn dirty ape back then?
Why? Because people were too busy to sit around and dream up that stupid crap. Same with UFO's and all that other garbage. It didn't start until people started sitting on thier asses all day ---->watching TV.<-----

#29963 - 08/31/06 02:54 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Woo-hoo! Someone finally C&R'd a wild Bigfoot on the Kalama!

#29964 - 08/31/06 02:55 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
fever Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ichtyoid:
It didn't start until people started sitting on thier asses all day ---->watching TV.<-----

Yah but now it's not speculation, it's TRUE, because it's on The Internet.

#29965 - 08/31/06 03:01 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Chopperdave Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle
Are the BF's farming or what?

So a 400-500lb biped must need to consume 3k - 4k calories a day - that is a hella lot of twigs and berries.

Hard to believe that a big primate could survive up here as a hunter/gatherer - scratch that, doubt old Biggie has progressed to the point of manufacturing firearms - so basically not a hunter, mostly a scavenger. (and a pretty damn good swimmer if he's porposing around catching salmon in the river)

Seems like you could find one if you just staked out a big old blackberry patch for long enough.

#29966 - 08/31/06 03:26 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
chrome Offline
Fry

This spring I was camping with my girlfriend and 2 dogs off the Solduc River 5 miles outside of forks. About 2am we were laying in the tent and heard a scream/howl that I have no idea what it was. Definately not a wolf, coyote, or cat. It was far away, but close enough to freak us out. Our dogs immediately rose and were looking around very nervously. Was it Bigfoot? I have no idea...but it sounded similar to the puyallup scream that I just listened to.

#29967 - 08/31/06 03:48 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Don't know whether they exist or not but Grizzley's will chase down, eat and kill deer. So I'd bet a bigfoot would have no problem finding food with all the deer around here. BTW, I thought I saw one at Burger King the other day.

#29968 - 08/31/06 04:31 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Here's a report I found dating back from 1983. It's from an "E. Murphy."

This is truly a scary story and just gives me the guni gugus.

Direct quotes from E. Murphy while talking to a person named Gus:

"Look at the motherfarkers, you know
how I found out they was bigfoot? When I took your kids fishing last week. I put the motherfarkers in the boat Gus. And I took the worm and I put it on the hooks. And they both sat there, and put the poles down in the boat. And slammed their face in the water, for 5 mins.

And I think what the fark are these kids doing? Then they start movin their heads like this and the motherfarkers come up with fish.

I jumped back and said can you believe this
motherfarkin [Bleeeeep!]????

Then the kid took the fish out of his mouth,
looked at his brother and said: "Guni gugu!"

I said, what the fark is going on here?

Normal kids don't do [Bleeeeep!] like that, Gus! But I'll tell you somethin' motherfarker! You can take your motherfarker hairy fat arse white mustache biatch out the fark. You can go upstairs and get the motherfarkin' dog and scoop up the [Bleeeeep!]...and take Eddie and get these motherfarker long Angela Davis afro-ware motherfarker kids of yours......and put them in the motherfarker guni gugu-mobile and get the fark out!

And if my wife don't like it she can get the fark out too!"

#29969 - 08/31/06 04:49 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
I have to say I personaly dont believe in the creature myself..After 20+ years in the timber industry I have yet to see one or evidence that one was every in the area..You would think after hundreds of thousands of miles of gravel roads in the middle of know where and countless hours hiking around I would see evidence of some kind..Out of the many loggers I know not one has every encountered the hairy beast. The only hairy beast they have seen is when they look in the mirror wink
And as for Mason county having more records of sightings .Think about it folks Mason county has more crops then anywhere in the state and it must be good [Bleeeeep!] there growin! laugh
Or maybe they got the wrong recipe for there meth labs eek

#29971 - 08/31/06 07:52 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
I love this. Soooooo many people just opening their mouths and spouting crap. When a simple search shows that bigfoot legends go back to preColumbia times and almost every Indian tribe has histories with bigfoot or similar creatures. Even the Yeti in the Andes has really old history. And one good point to make about why no one heard about this prior to the TV? Because back then most stories were passed on in small areas WITHOUT TV or radios. When man made great leaps in technology, more information started to be spead. Thats why it is called the information age. I challenge anyone to do real research into sightings, legends, dna samples, footprints with dermal ridges, and then watch the shows that have tried to debunk the Gimlin/Patterson film. The one that everyone has seen at least once. You will be better educated and then can spout crap as an educated idiot. laugh

#29972 - 08/31/06 07:55 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Big Jim........
Big Foot........

Coincidence?

I think not! laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#29973 - 08/31/06 09:24 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
run_a_bait Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle
bout 6 years ago i was comping with a buddy and his family around mount adams. it was about 3 in the morning and i went to grab some beer for my buddies dad and uncle. as i got close the the cooler which was about 100ft from camp i started to smell something that was like wet dog and wet lawn clippings. really discusting. anyway as i bent down to open the cooler something studd up infront of me about 20 feet. i was about 6'1" at the time and it was at least 6-12" taller then me. it looked right at me and just walked off upright. scarred the living [Bleeeeep!] outa me. i know what i seen i know it wasnt a bear and definetly not an elk. the next day me and my buddy walked around camp looking for sign of anything and found a few big imprints in the ground but nothing define enough to tell the tracks. but they were bigger then any bear track i have ever seen and bigger then my size 13 shoe.

later that day we went on a hike in the direction w/e it was headed the night before. as we were walking up this trail i smelt that smell again then all the sudden a rock the size of a sofball hit the tree about half way up it next to us. then rocks started falling from the hill next to us. and they started falling along the hill as if something was running along the hill. but we never seen anything.

the whole experience was scary and made me never go into the woods with out my rifle or handgun.

idk what i seen. i do believe in bigfoot and i have watched enough bigfoot [Bleeeeep!] to have a good idea of what i saw.

#29975 - 08/31/06 11:09 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
run_a_bait Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle
Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Quote:
anyway as i bent down to open the cooler something studd up infront of me about 20 feet. i was about 6'1" at the time and it was at least 6-12" taller then me. it looked right at me and just walked off upright. scarred the living [Bleeeeep!] outa me. i know what i seen i know it wasnt a bear and definetly not an elk.
It was Timber. Everyone knows not to leave their beer unattended when he's in the woods.

(OK, it could also have been Gutz)

moose
lol well there was a bunch of big indians in the camp next to us. HMMM??? i wonder jk jk smile

#29976 - 08/31/06 11:11 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe, Washington
If you catch one, they are great eatin. Taste like chicken.
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.

#29977 - 08/31/06 11:15 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
BennyBlack Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I've been pondering about this for awile. One reason why I'm skeptical because I'm sure someone's thought of it before me and came up empty handed.........

There's been people that collected hair samples and $hit so they say. Why not run a bigfoot down with hounds? Get a bunch of hair and make a drag to train 'em and then find some freshish tracks and let the pack go.

It'd be rad to tree a bigfoot. smile

#29978 - 09/01/06 12:45 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Dan S, check out my picture on Myspace. That the front door to my house and I am less then a foot in front of it. My hair is wild too, so maybe you know something only a few others do???? Anyway, here is my space.
http://www.myspace.com/bigjimjr454
Oh, BTW that silver is one caught on the Quil last year. In the MOUTH even!

#29979 - 09/01/06 01:02 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
BennyBlack Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Big J.......

Small world. I'm also a Spanawanian. SLHS class of '93.

#29980 - 09/01/06 03:32 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
I woke up this morning and on my way to the shower caught just a reflection of one run by the mirror... How's that for a close encounter? laugh

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#29981 - 09/01/06 03:40 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by parker:
Here's a report I found dating back from 1983. It's from an "E. Murphy."

That's too funny Parker.. I was just digging through my 15 gig of mp3's the other day and was listening to that.. smile

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#29982 - 09/01/06 06:40 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Big Jim,
I feel the same way you do but I feel like all believers are "spoutin crap" You believe what you want and I'll do likewise..
Like I said I have spent 20+ years working out in the Bigfoot uninhabited woods..And I have never seen anything that even gives me a hint bigfoot exists period!!

#29983 - 09/01/06 09:55 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Right on Big Jim! Disbelievers that make ignorant statements about timelines and historical events just show how closed minded they are. I've spent a fair share of time in the woods and have seen bear(both black and griz), elk, moose, deer, but I've never seen a cougar in the wild.........so they must not exist?

Some people should read, investigate, and learn more before they declare their know-it-all opinion.

Does Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, Yowie, etc, exist? I don't know, but something is making those tracks , screams and visual images.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (DrifterWA), 959 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |