THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299876 - 05/09/05 05:50 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Fishinsinsation and Duckin' the Frog, I'm just havin fun. After all, I'm the cracker king by B-RUN and Todd's standard.

The *REAL* cracker, is the guy who's *AFRAID* to be cracker. If your going to make fun and joke around you ought to be able to take a shot on the noggin yourself. Look at my avatar FCS. It's about fun, not your precious ego.

B-RUN: "Hit somthin hard, I don't want to limp away from this wreck"---White is a classic, dude. \:D

#299877 - 05/09/05 06:23 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
I relent but how can a guy be afraid to be a cracker if he doen't know what one is???

#299878 - 05/09/05 06:25 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
\:D

either way. you still think you're the "man"

#299879 - 05/09/05 06:30 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

B-Run,

You took the words out of my mouth, er keyboard in this case. Thanks.

Sol,

It's hard to know what to make of a kind a piece a' work you are, not having met you. But ignorant or not, I think most of the arrogant inconsiderate types on the river would benefit from that drive by colonoscopy, courtesy of GLoomis, you mentioned.

Now that I understand all fly guys are crackers, maybe that explains why the fishermen on the Cowlitz are so cordial to me - don't drive over the water I'm fishing, don't fish in the water I'm fishing - they don't want to get too close to a cracker, fearing it may be contagious.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

P.S. What the heck is side-drifting, anyway? Same as boondogging? If not, how is it different? Uses long leaders to floss the fish? heh, heh, heh.

#299880 - 05/09/05 06:58 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by Fishinsinsation:
either way. you still think you're the "man"
Damn straight. And I'll indian leg wrestle the wife of any man who says otherwise. \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Salmo g:
It's hard to know what to make of a kind a piece a' work you are, not having met you.
I live for a laugh and a pull on my rod, Salmo, thats about it. ;\) I'll poke fun at a good friend to the point of being in bad taste and then lay my life on the line for the same friend if they're in trouble. I'm an enigma. \:\)

All this cracker jazz is BS. Flyfishermen are not crackers (with the exception of H2H) any more than plug pullers as a general rule. The fishing world is just a melting pot of people at various stages of proficency.

Side-drifting vs boondogging: When side-drifting your line is as close to 90 degrees to current flow as possible. When boondogging your line is 45 degrees to parallel with current flow. The truth is both are slob fishing techniques. I love em. \:\)

#299881 - 05/09/05 07:58 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
this should start something. isn' sidedrifting and boondoggling just flossing only from a boat

#299883 - 05/09/05 08:11 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Well, Sol, cracker or not, I can honestly say that I had a great time fishing with you...and your rowing gave me no fear of taking an unscheduled swim!

It was, however, a little unnerving to see you reach under your seat and pull out your life jacket when approaching the Oxbow rapids on the Hoh!!

Just kidding...when are we going fishing again?

Salmo, I'm sure you'd have a good time fishing with SOTD...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#299884 - 05/09/05 08:28 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Next Feb or Mar Todd. You and Ikissmykiss can have the bow one day. As far as the life vest, Oxblow is no biggie, but I'm not certain there's much difference between hindsight and stupidity where whitewater is concerned. When one of my bronze oar locks break due to a microscopic flaw at the foundary because some crank addict pooched the mix, and I float into the bottom corner sideways dumping the boat, I don't want to think "I wish I'd have put my vest on" as my waders fill with water and take me to the bottom.

#299885 - 05/09/05 08:43 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Put this in your fire:

#1: How about letting anyone fish they want to? As long it is legal.

#2: See #1.

#3: I like flyfishermen on my rivers. They don't litter like real "crackers" do, they don't catch many fish....more for me, and they have a little courtesy on the drift. A lot more than you guys in your sleds flying by me full speed just six feet away. Yeah, you're cool.

#4: Winter....summer, whatever. It's a 4# pound steelhead, whoop-t-do. Get over yourself.

#5: Get new friends.

Do you want to know what a cracker is?

* Someone without launching etiquette.
* Someone who snags.
* Someone who litters.
* Someone who bonks a dark fish with a rock 17 times while whooping and smoking a non-filtered Camel cig. Then turning to a friend and screaming at the top of his drunk lungs and his semi-toothless mouth what a fight it gave him. That's a cracker.

#299886 - 05/09/05 09:21 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
1)If you trash-talk about your great steelheading prowess from Blue creek but get schooled twice on the Nooch by myself and your 10 year old son, you may be a cracker!

2)If you buy pre-tied leaders, you may be a cracker!

3)If you cannot back a trailer straight, you may be a cracker!

4)If you litter, you are a cracker among other things!

5)If you use a mitre box to cut your herring, you may be a cracker!

6)If you use the auto settings and/or fish symbols on your fishfinder, you may be a cracker!

7)If you have to follow guides or charter boats to find fish, you may be a cracker!

8)If your choices of where to fish this weekend come down to Blue creek, Reiter, Tokul, Hoodsport or the Quil, you may be a cracker!

9)If you have to harpoon halibut under 60lbs. you may be a cracker!

10)If you have to shoot any halibut, you may be a cracker!

11)If you have to kill a big halibut so that you can have a hero shot taken with it to show all your other cracker buddies, you may be a cracker!

12)If you carry a tackle box with you while bank fishing a river, you may be a cracker!

#299887 - 05/09/05 09:59 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Homer2handed Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: DEADWOOD
Sol Sol Sol

I may have to bring my pink tutu and go fishing with you

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VeLkiG2PPCrjzM:www.bunncapitol.com/cookbook[/img]

#299888 - 05/09/05 10:04 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
BAITCASTER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: SEQUIM WA
What makes a cracker? When sol rides your ass around the lake only to block off the launch for 20 min!!! think that qualifies \:D \:D

#299889 - 05/09/05 10:30 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
AkKings (aka Jeff Foxworthy),

#299890 - 05/09/05 10:42 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
Quote:
Next Feb or Mar Todd. You and Ikissmykiss can have the bow one day.
I'd be happy to show you two crackers a thing or to.... \:D

Ike

#299891 - 05/09/05 11:19 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
AkKings, I think you nailed it....

All hail the redneck!! May he bever become an endangered species!!!

I am kind of a; fancy Whiskey drinkin', Forks commutin', too expensive a pole fishin',
Eddie Bauer hat wearing, late model vehicle drivin', fancy jet sled ownin', polite type myself.

But not always...........not always.....

#299892 - 05/09/05 11:22 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
bank walker Offline
Spawner

If you look like Larry The Cable Guy with a tackle box and 5 foot rod, you definetly are a cracker.

I think everybody has a little cracker in em!

-I cant back a trailer for sh**
-I could be perseived as a Bellevue maggot on the Sauk two times a year when i dust off the fly rod for casting practice :p
- Trying to roast the tires on my truck after being corked on the river
- Climbing up a tree to retrieve somebodys snagged jig only to fall on your a** and break your rod
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#299893 - 05/10/05 12:59 AM Re: What makes a Cracker?
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by BAITCASTER:
What makes a cracker? When sol rides your ass around the lake only to block off the launch for 20 min!!! think that qualifi
I pass people around the lake (ask anyone) and I've never occupied a launch longer than 5 minutes in my life. I am prone to loose my fingerhold on my spinning mono durring the backcast. Now there's a cracker move for sure. \:\)

#299894 - 05/10/05 11:49 AM Re: What makes a Cracker?
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
How about this.... You go out and get really hammered last night drinking gin and Tequilla and wake up to hear a message on your answering machine that you have a 11:00 A.M tee time with some guys who hit it pretty well and want to play beans at a buck a pop... I bet that makes me a cracker

#299895 - 05/10/05 12:43 PM Re: What makes a Cracker?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by B-RUN STEELY:
go out and get really hammered last night drinking gin and Tequilla
Hey B-Run, what mixes well with gin and tequilla?

"A glass."

Nothing says "Damn, that hard!" like a 10 ounce tumbler of tequilla with a gin floater!

Actually, come to think of it, maybe the 10 ounce tumbler of gin with a tequilla floater would be a little harder...

Ugh.

#299896 - 05/11/05 03:42 AM Re: What makes a Cracker?
rwgav8 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Orting
ask Nabisco

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (_WW_), 1131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |