Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#29984 - 09/01/06 12:55 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
The only way to do it right is to shoot one.
That's my retirement plan. Shoot bigfoot and then buy an 18 wheeler to make into a mobile bigfoot museum. I will also have little Seastrike action figures that spit Copenhagen when you push the button on it's back and lift a .50 cal muzzleloader to shooting position.
The things you think of when emptying a film canister around the campfire.

#29985 - 09/01/06 01:06 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Quote:
Originally posted by seastrike:

The things you think of when emptying a film canister around the campfire.
Why are you screwing around with all those swivels around a camp fire? laugh

There's cold beverages to be had.

#29986 - 09/01/06 01:47 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Big Jim,

I believe I met you down at the Nisqually a few years back when these fishing BB's were just getting spooled up and a few of us decided to meet up down at the Old Pacific hwy bridge. Yes?

Let's just say that the thought "Wow.....that dude is almost as big as bigfoot" did cross my mind. laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#29987 - 09/01/06 02:45 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
My Apologies. He does exist because he IS on the 'net.

Here's his My Space Profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=80025190

I'm sorry I ever doubted...even though I was raised in the old growth forests of Southwest Washington laugh

#29988 - 09/01/06 02:50 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
warning: copenhagen spitting action figure not intended for children under 3 years of age. this product also contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause dizzyness, and reproductive abnormalities.

#29989 - 09/01/06 02:58 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
dang swivels
they will haunt me to the grave

#29990 - 09/01/06 03:16 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Dan S, yeap, that was me. I thought you were the Dan I met too. Just suffering from CRS lately. I would love to see a bigfoot. But if I ever do, the bigfoot better hope I am not armed. Otherwise, $CHA-CHING$, I can write my own check for whatever I want. One day I will have to tell the story my Dad made up about me and the sightings near the Ft. Embassassed my wife so much. But I do respect, or try to, everyone opinion on bigfoot. I just like to tweak a few noses sometimes and see what happens. Guess I am a pot stirrer.

#29991 - 09/01/06 04:06 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

If you don't believe in Bigfoot you are unpatriotic and a sponsor of terrorism. Haven't found Bin Laden yet either and supposedly he exists.

#29992 - 09/01/06 08:45 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
fever Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Chopperdave:
Are the BF's farming or what?

So a 400-500lb biped must need to consume 3k - 4k calories a day - that is a hella lot of twigs and berries.

500 lbs? Elk and bear find enough to eat.

#29993 - 09/01/06 11:21 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
BigFin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Snohomish
Ichtyoid--
that was a great "My Space"

#29994 - 09/02/06 01:40 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton
What are the undisputed facts about the bigfoot / sasquatch mystery?

It's a fact that for more than 400 years people have reported seeing large, hair-covered, man-like animals in the wilderness areas of North America.

It is a fact that sightings of these animals continue today. Real or not, these reports are often made by people of unimpeachable character.

It is a fact that, for over seventy years, people have been finding, photographing, and casting sets of very large human-shaped tracks. Most are discovered by chance in remote areas. These tracks continue to be found to this day.

It is a fact that the cultural histories of many Native American and First Nation peoples include stories and beliefs about non-human "peoples" of the wild. Many of these descriptions bear a striking resemblance to the hairy man-like creatures reported today.

These are some of the facts. There is, however, much disagreement as to what these facts mean.

To many, these facts, taken together, suggest the presence of an animal, probably a primate, that exists today in very low population densities. If true, this species, having likely evolved alongside humans, became astonishingly adept at avoiding human contact through a process of natural selection.

To others, these same facts point to a cultural phenomenon kept alive today through a combination of the misidentification of known animals, wishful thinking, and the deliberate fabrication of evidence.

#29995 - 09/02/06 02:03 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

No scientists or qualified experts have ever debunked the Patterson footage. It has never been shown to be fake. On the contrary, every scientist who has studied the footage either says it shows a real, unclassified species, or that a conclusion cannot be made.

Close scrutiny and analysis of the Patterson footage almost always transforms scientific skeptics into supporters for more research into the subject.

Wasn\'t this all shown to be fake?

#29996 - 09/02/06 09:59 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
donno Offline
The Cool kid

Loc: baker prairie
He appears on page 33 of Washington Atlas and Gazetteer. Does anyone know the story behind that? That's the only page he's on and no referance about it in the legend.

#29997 - 09/03/06 12:02 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
SilverFly Offline
Fry

Loc: Fairview, OR
Yeah, I used to crack Big Foot jokes too (I still laugh at them though). That was until I heard not one, but two separate accounts from two different friends. While I myself can be full of crap (and so are most of my friends), - these guys would be the last I would expect to fabricate goofy stories. Both are experienced hunters/fishermen and know the animals of the NW.

Does this mean I "believe" in Big Foot? - hell no, but I don't rule him out any more either. It got me interested enough to do some reading. I fully expected to find nothing but "National Enquirer" material (and yes, there was some that), but found that there might actually be something to it.

In fact, the real question isn't "does Big Foot exist?", - it should be, "is Big Foot EXTINCT?". That's because a dead-ringer for Big Foot actually DID exist!

The largest primate known to science lived in eastern Asia during the Pleistocene period as recently as 300,000 years ago (when the Bering land bridge was open to North America, - hmmm). This gorilla-like critter, formally known as Gigantopithecus Blackii, stood upwards of 10 feet tall and weighed as much as 1200 pounds! While it is not known if Giganto was bipedal, the structure of the jaw and skull indicate that he/it did walk upright. A 10-foot, half-ton "gorilla", walking on two legs, - sounds kinda familiar. Again, this was a REAL animal, - not a guy in monkey suit or some stoner's hallucination.

As hard as it may be to believe, it is at least possible that Gigantopithecus migrated to North America and has survived officially undiscovered to this day. If "Big Feet" are half as smart as believers make them out to be, they would have learned to avoid humans at all costs. A species of this size remaining hidden isn't totally far-fetched considering it's reported nocturnal habits, fear of humans, intelligence, omnivorous diet, and small population spread over thousands of square miles. Think of it this way, what are the chances of "discovering" a squad of Navy Seals given the mission of "disappearing" in the Gifford Pinchot Nat'l Forest?

I don't know what my buddy "Bob" saw cross the road in front of him, or what threw inhumanly large rocks at my buddy "Joe" (interestingly, also up by Mt. Adams). Having heard these stories first hand I will say this, - IF they are full of crap, they could win millions playing poker.

Keep the jokes coming though. Real or not, Big Foot's alway's good for a laugh.

----------

#29998 - 09/03/06 01:30 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
Donno, I just check that out in both my 1992 and new Atlas. Your right! I never saw that icon even though I circled Deadman lake right next to it. I sent Delorme an email. I will post their response.

#29999 - 09/04/06 01:16 AM Re: bigfoot story thread
SilverFly Offline
Fry

Loc: Fairview, OR
Dang, I love Big Foot threads and was hoping this one would get good.

In the interest of sparking some humor, here's one of the more entertaining BF reports I came across (wonder what these folks were smoking rolleyes ).
Quote:

Oregonbigfoot.com file# 00044

Copper Creek - Couple hears screams, sees weird lights

Date: Spring March 2 1996
Clackamas county, OR

Nearest town: Molalla
Nearest road: Molalla River Rd
Conditions:
Time: night 1100 pm
Description of event: Glen, and friends Larry and Katrina were camped near our Molalla site two years ago on March 2nd, (1996) but further down Copper Creek Road 5-6 miles. They were at an old gravel pit with a creek behind it, and next to the road. At 10-11 PM they heard a loud scream from down in the canyon, and later another closer scream. They were so scared that all stayed in the truck that night. At 2 AM, their dog, tied to a tree, went crazy and tried to get into the truck also. Then they heard 2 thuds, real close, like a limb breaking and hitting the ground. The next night they moved to a new locality at the end of a dead-end road nearby. This time they saw lights hovering over the trees and lighting them up. The lights, just above tree height, made no sounds.

Source: The Track Record #76
record updated: 20020709

#30000 - 09/04/06 07:51 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Good post SilverFly.

Giganto: The Real King Kong played last winter on Discovery. I don't know if it is playing in reruns but it is probable forsale in their store.

Its pretty good - Jeff Meldrum, Richard Knoll, etc. - Its showing the search for Giganto fossils in China and the search for sasquatch in North America. Anybody else watching?

Here's the blurb from the History Channel:

Giganto: The Real King Kong
Tune In:
Saturday, April 29 @ 8pm ET/PT

An exploration of the Giganto (King Kong) legend using modern science, technology, and historic eyewitness accounts. Gigantopithecus (the Latin term for "Giant Ape") is believed to have existed 9 to 5-million years ago and supposedly was around 10-feet tall. Some fossil evidence shows that it may have lived in China or India. Scientists of varying fields will attempt to genetically connect Giganto to modern-day creatures from around the world. Could Bigfoot be a relative? Forensic testing, extensive scientific research, 3-D animation, and body reconstruction will help determine the true mystery behind this prehistoric ape. TVPG

http://www.historychannel.com/

#30001 - 09/04/06 07:55 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

here is a recent one.

Bigfoot story

#30002 - 09/04/06 08:01 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Police officer describes late night road crossing sighting south of Wanblee
story

#30003 - 09/04/06 08:11 PM Re: bigfoot story thread
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |