Rate This Topic
#301884 - 05/30/05 11:52 PM Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Did you fish this weekend?

Where'd you fish?

How'd ya' do?

I FINALLY got a free weekend to fish so I got to chase some lings and rockfish out of Neah Bay.

A total of five rods for two days took 40 rockfish and two keeper lings.

Got to help weigh a sixty five pound canadian hali and heard of a lot more big canadian fish brought in. Getting my canadian license is sounding better and better...

#301885 - 05/31/05 12:06 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
One steelhead on the Kalama on Friday morning, twelve bazillion shad at Bonneville on Friday evening and Saturday during the day...and working yesterday and today.

Looking forward to Wednesday, though...on a river with few fish, but no boats, and very little crowds!

Hint: It's not the Skagit, and it's not the Skykomish!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#301886 - 05/31/05 12:17 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally posted by h2o:
Did you fish this weekend?

Where'd you fish?

How'd ya' do?

yes I did you scary skull! (I always imagine your avatar laughing maniacally like that alien in Predator right before he tries to blow Arnold's ass up with the A bomb)

me and the crazy buds flyfished....upper Snoq......did well, dries, nymphs, streamers, you name it......loads of cutts and 'bows....my first river excursion of the summer! damn it felt good......tequila with beer chasers for the celebratory toasts.... .but the campers left WAY too much trash when they left their campsites.... c'mon....take the nasty dirty diapers home with you !!! Yuck....

#301887 - 05/31/05 12:25 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

Loc: Kirkland
Couple of nice maks out of chelan. only about two hours of fishing for three days however. Was a bit preoccupied by the hords of scantly clad co-eds. Couple of hangovers, almost got in jail, beautiful weather, nothing broke.... darn fine memorial day weekend. did i mention the scantly clad co-eds?

#301888 - 05/31/05 12:32 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by supcoop:
Was a bit preoccupied by the hords of scantly clad co-eds.
Sup I hope you stayed with the game plan and targeted only beer women and stayed away from those annoying champage and / or appletini women.......nice going on the macks.....last time I was there my pal went to jail.......and he's a friggin' COP !

#301889 - 05/31/05 12:40 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
steeliefreak Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Rapids,MI
This Memorial weekend I fished some of our Midwest summerruns in the surf with a couple buddies. Action was not hot but a few fish around to keep our attention. Here are a few pics of some skamania strain steelies from Lake Michigan.

Here are a couple more from Wednesday, the first one is a big brown.

#301890 - 05/31/05 12:54 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

enough chrome to start a harley parts store.

#301891 - 05/31/05 01:00 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Look at tbe gut on that fish. Michigan grows some bad arse steel, must be all the Schmidt Ice in the water
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#301892 - 05/31/05 01:02 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

Did just fine with the women... sat night spent good quality time with a tequila driver woman.... fine by me.

Had the cops a little confused

He starts yelling for the cops to come arrest me as he is trying to take a swing at me while i am backing away. very loose cannon. supposedly he is a bartender from seattle just helping out for the weekend. Some help.

Big ego + little intelligence = people we don't ever want to see have kids.

#301893 - 05/31/05 01:14 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by bank walker:
Look at tbe gut on that fish. Michigan grows some bad arse steel, must be all the Schmidt Ice in the water
Hell those hogasauruses chow alewives all day long....beer is in their blood! Steeliefreak I am in awe.....those are some KILLER pics!

Sup, you rock........this is from an ex-beertender in my college days.....you rock. Did your macks have some good size and puke out bubbles?

#301894 - 05/31/05 01:21 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
BennyBlack Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Holy Brown!!!

Glad to see you got out finally bro. We'll be up for sure soon. Get that salt bug out of yo system for sho. If it's possible ;\)

#301895 - 05/31/05 01:26 AM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
supcoop Offline
Lady Killer Deluxe

By some grace of god the only thing that puked anything in my group was in fact the macks... go figure. All of em were bout 4 pounds or so. Stopped fishing pretty quicl because I actually didnt want to take that much fish home. Have to say that the down side to the fishery is that you really cant just fish them for fun. CnR is more or less out of the question.

#301896 - 05/31/05 01:05 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
Fished Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday at Rocky Ford. Fishing was steady. There were no crowds - everybody must have thought it was going to be a zoo and stayed away. Weather was perfect, no wind to speak of. There was an algae bloom Friday and Saturday afternoon, but late enough to get a full day in, if you started early.

Did well on scuds. Fish were typical - most were 18 to 22 inches, largest landed was 26 inches. Interestingly, I caught several 8-inchers Sunday morning. There were a number of cormorants, which I would just have soon not seen. They seemed to be chowing down with abandon.

Saw several large Gopher snakes. Saw no rattlers.

#301897 - 05/31/05 01:11 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Fish Fossil Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Toledo Wa.
Todd were you on the bank or in a boat we got one springer friday on the Kalama.But some were get summers.

#301898 - 05/31/05 02:22 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
CowKidd,

Bank...I try to stay out of the boat down there this time of year, as I don't think that the fishing is any better than off the bank up in the canyon, and with four or five boats in every hole, starting a couple of hours before sunup, it's too frustrating playing bumper boats.

After hiking from deadline down to Italian Creek on Friday, though, it was sure a warm walk back to the car on the road!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#301899 - 05/31/05 02:35 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
No fishing for Sol over Memorial Day weekend. I just bought a new house, so I spent the weekend learning karate---Karate Kid style: paint the fence, sand the floor

I'm now a bonafide blackbelt, but the only person's ass I've kicked so far is my own. ;\)

#301900 - 05/31/05 03:27 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
I'll vouch for SOL's condition, he was really lacking the usual bounce in his step this morning!

Stayed home with the honey-do's, saving up brownie points for near-future trips to Barkley Sound \:\)

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#301901 - 05/31/05 03:42 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
Hit Sekui on Monday for some halibut, but no luck \:\( . Had a great time with my son, so that was well worth the trip! \:D

#301902 - 05/31/05 04:25 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
Slowleak Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent, WA
Hey Baddawg, I looked for you, where did you fish? We fished my “hot” (not) spot between the Hoko and Sekiu rivers for halibut Saturday morning all day Sunday and yesterday morning but didn’t boat a butt. They were catching fish all around us but we must have had bad luck, bad bait, bad breath or bad karma. We did end up with some very nice lingcod, a couple of true cod and a few decent rockfish.

There were some very impressive butts weighed in at Olsons. There was also one unimpressive butthead I was camped next to but that’s another story. The biggest halibut I personally laid eyes on was 62lbs. I also saw several in the 40-50lb range and a bunch in the 15-20lb range.

I used one of the true cod for butt bait, but I think it was attacked by something other than a halibut. I had the pole laying over the gunnels; whatever it was hit so hard and so fast it nearly pulled the rod out of my hand. I must have had a nick in my line because it broke 50# Tuff line XP about halfway down before I could even pull the tip out of the water. I checked my drag and it was set pretty loose for 50# line so I don’t know what really happened… could have been operator error I suppose.

Saturday was rough, but the guys with the big boats (and big sacks) that fought their way to Seal/Sail rocks were rewarded with nice limits of rockfish and lings.

#301903 - 05/31/05 05:16 PM Re: Memorial Day Weekend Roll Call
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
We headed the other way, down by pillar point. Saw a couple of fish boated, but nothing you would call hot. Should have known better than to think I would have found anything decent in this state by going east! \:D
I heard it was victory at sea on Saturday. Monday wasn't too bad, but definately a little rougher than normal Sekui waters.
Looked for a blue white bayliner, but I guess we will try and hook up again next time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Thumbburner), 1176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |