Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#308676 - 08/08/05 11:18 AM Nisqually Report
Jamie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
Well, I promised a report on Nisqually Kings.

On Saturday, we started out trolling around the south end of Anderson at first light (04:30 +/-). We marked a couple of little bits of bait and no fish that I could see.

After about 90 minutes fishing through the slack high with a cop car coyote spoon, a green hoochie and plug cut herring on three rigs spaced between 40' down to the bottom we didn't get a bump.

Since we saw a half dozen boats at the green can, we decided to give that a try. By then the ebb was moving along, but we were still able to reach to bottom with two of us jigging and the third mooching a plug cut herring. Nothing, not even a dogfish or a sole on the herring.

We finally gave up on that and trolled up to the hatchery by Stillicoom and back. Did C&R one sub 22" black mouth at the south tip of Ketron and kept one plump marked 24" coho in the middle of the pass by Ketron.

We returned to Zittles by about 3:00. the fish checker told us that ours was the third fish she'd seen that day... Pretty slow.

BTW only rocks and a very small dungie in the pots down 40' to 120' in Nisqually reach. There were tons of indian pots between the reach and Ketron in about 130' of water.

#308677 - 08/08/05 02:08 PM Re: Nisqually Report
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
The fish are coming ;\)

#308678 - 08/08/05 03:16 PM Re: Nisqually Report
hungry4fishn Offline
Parr

Loc: fort lewis
I went out to Nisqually yesterday, and saw how slow it was. I am sure the fish will start to move sooner or later. I will be going there in the mornings before work between now and when I catch one. I will be using eggs w/corkies and yarn. That is at the bridge on Fort Lewis. If anyone has any better ideas for bait selection, please fille me in. I used a herring rig once for salmon, and that was productive. Is this legal in the Nisqually? I am not clear with the Non-bouyant lure restrictions. Thanks for any info.

Hungry

#308679 - 08/08/05 03:33 PM Re: Nisqually Report
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
Non Bouyant Lure Restrictions means that, when fishing with a non bouyant lure (one that sinks), there are limitations as defined in the Regs Pamphlet. In this case, Non Bouyant Lures are limited in hook size and quantity.
Your corky makes your rig a bouyant lure so the restriction does not apply.
G

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#308680 - 08/08/05 03:39 PM Re: Nisqually Report
rwgav8 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Orting
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpyr:
In this case, Non Bouyant Lures are limited in hook size and quantity.
Your corky makes your rig a bouyant lure so the restriction does not apply.
G
Dont forget that there are added restrictions as to the location of the weight on bouyant lures when the non bouyant lure restriction is in effect.

#308681 - 08/09/05 12:31 AM Re: Nisqually Report
Vamos a pescar Offline
Fry

Loc: Lacey
I was at the green can yesterday afternoon just after low tide and got one hit and one king and that was it. No one else around us had a hit. I think I just got lucky

#308682 - 08/09/05 02:18 PM Re: Nisqually Report
hungry4fishn Offline
Parr

Loc: fort lewis
Hey Grump,
I guess my question lies more in the equipment being used. If I use a herring rig on the river, that is non-bouyant. But I saw that there can only be one hook, and that the hook has to be a certain distance from the weight. I fished the Icicle with my cousin years ago, and this was what we used. We just plunked the set up to the bottom and waited for the bite. We actually did land fish, which is more than I have done in the nisqually, but what kind of rig would I use for the herring. Also, is this productive or would it be a bigger waist of time than my current set up. I say that becuase I have been trying off and on in the Nisqually and have produced nothing, and I obviously need to try something different. I have also tried with salmon roe on the line to no avail. Any info would be great!

Hungry

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (No More Ice Fishin, steely slammer), 1141 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |