Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#309322 - 08/16/05 01:43 AM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
This is awesome Vince....still getting caught up on PP stuff....since you seem to have the gear deal going on now with e-bay, is there an address where we can send in donations or gear? Or should we work through you? Don't want to make it complicated for you but I'd like to do something...

#309324 - 08/16/05 01:04 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Ok below is the shipping address. And below that is the link to the ebay auction. Those kids and I will really appreciate whatever your able to do for them. At the very least your buying some great fishing Karma.
I can't type anymore then this. It was a long night at work and I need some sleep. The responses to my email and this posting have been great. If you have the week off next August do consider volunteering. Its no real sacrifice to play with the kids, and also associate with some of the most fantastically kind hearted people on Earth.

Meg Omel
Camp Rainbow Gold, ACS
2676 Vista Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83705

Ebay Link click here

I picked up the first three.

#309326 - 08/16/05 02:52 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Good work, Vince. Two more on the way.

#309327 - 08/16/05 03:59 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
VHawk - Contact the folks at Pure Fishing, Inc. They can donate excess fishing tackle to volunteer organizations that promote fishing among the young folks, particularly those with serious medical conditions.

In case you didn't know, Pure Fishing is the largest fishing tackle company in the world. They make a habit of buying small tackle companies and turning them around to become profitable. Their brand names are familar to all of us.

http://www.purefishing.com/menu.cfm?p_menu=395&cm=395

Terrific effort on behalf of the kids and their parents! I'm sure everyone was enormously grateful for putting a big smile on the kids faces.

#309328 - 08/16/05 05:22 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

I'm asking for help from PP members this time around COHOANGLER. And Steelheader.net members are also pitching in. Maybe when we need half dozen fly rods I'll hit up G Loomis.
If anybody wants to ask for charitable donations of fishing equipment from any company, good luck to you. I've gone to the "well" that I know has water in it.

Wow, I just checked to see how many combos were left. Going like hotcakes. Special thanks to Jim Heins and
Jennings-Heins and Associates Inc. for buying 10 rod/reel combos.

Also AuntyM for picking up several...and spreading the word to other fishing BB. More on that later.

And SalmoG, RichardH1903, and huntfirefish for all buying several combos. If you purchase a rod your ebay name shows up on the "purchases" area. Please email me with your PP name and I can keep track so I can mark the rods accordingly.

If you want to donate a rod please click the link below.

Ebay Link

#309329 - 08/16/05 05:45 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
My good friend is a sales manager for a fishing rod/retail company. He gets several calls a week from people wanting donated gear. I'm sure they would love to help everyone, it's just not possible.
2 more rods on the way!
Neal

#309330 - 08/16/05 05:54 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
deckhand Offline
Parr

When I saw your story the other night it really got me. This is very cool.
One more on the way.

#309331 - 08/16/05 06:11 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Koho King Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Great work vhawk29!
I really liked the pictures of the kids enjoying fishing.
A couple more on the way!

#309332 - 08/17/05 01:35 AM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uh...Vince?

There are -0- remaining sets left in that auction. Looks like you all bought the dude out?

Dang.,.always too late to bid..go figure.

Good work your doing...sorry I checked in so late. Any need for terminal tackle, too? (hooks, weights, etc.)

Mike

#309333 - 08/17/05 09:59 AM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

One of the guys from steelheader.net bought the last 6 rods. What I need now is some portable rod holders so I can drag along 36 poles and not be breaking tips off. I can't seem to find the ones I'm looking for. They hold like 2 rows of six, with a carrying handle. If anybody who feels left out can find something that'll work please pick it up or post it on the board.

Kudos to everyone. Tight lines and cold beers all around.

#309334 - 08/17/05 04:37 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
havnfun Offline
Spawner

Loc: tacomca,wa,pierce
vhawk29 was talking to the spouse and as u know she works at the hospital in tacoma she was telling me about some of her co-workers who to over to boise each year, she game to come over with me also. keep in touch!

#309335 - 08/17/05 08:57 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Southfork Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Idaho
Vince let me know what you have in mind as far as the rod holders. I'll build as many as you like. I'm also in Boise and I'm sure we can muster up some volunteers for this.

Lifes to short not to make smiles for those that need it.

#309336 - 08/18/05 09:41 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Just received a very generous sized check from T Dodge for the kids at camp. I'll be cashing it and turning it into a money order from Capt Dodge to Camp Rainbow Gold. It'll be used for supplies for framing those fish prints from the fish they've caught at camp. It will be somthing that is beautiful enough to hang in a living room. Hopefully it will give the kids and their parents warm memories of summer on a pond where they could be just like any other healthy child.

Thank you T Dodge for your generosity.

A few more of my favorite pics from this year.

Show them teeth ladies

Turn around and smile at the camera I say to the girl camper..."I can't, I'm watching my bobber". Geez so serious

I've had a few more offers on my email to send me checks. Normally I wouldn't turn down such kinds of offers, but it really would be better if you sent them to:

Meg Omel
Camp Rainbow Gold Manager
American Cancer Society, Great West Division,Inc
2676 Vista Avenue, Boise, Idaho 83705

t) 208.343.4609 f) 208.343.9922
meg.omel@cancer.org

Let Meg know your part of either Piscatorial Pursuits bulletin Board, or Steelheader.net, and that you want to make sure the kids have what they need to catch fish next year.
I'd like to see a blurb in one of the regional Fish magazines about the great support that been given by members to the kids at CRG. Anybody want to pass this along?
I'll repost in 6 months or so looking for any kids that don't know of camp that might want to come.

And one last idea for everybodies comsumption:

How about a network of boating anglers who would donate a day on the water to a sick child and thier parents? Like the fishing version of AngelFlight? Maybe call it AngelFish?

I had a patient last night in the ER who mentioned her boyfriends 13 y/o son is undergoing chemotherapy. She mentioned how much he liked to fish. She also mentioned he had never caught anything other then trout. I would love to see that kid on a boat hooked up with a 35 pound upriver bright. Anybody interested in being part of this?

Vince

#309337 - 08/22/05 01:49 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
ill donate a day on the sticks anytime to a kid and one parent since i only have two seats upfront. pink season could be good for getting a child into alot of fish too

#309338 - 08/24/05 04:47 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lupo:
ill donate a day on the sticks anytime to a kid and one parent since i only have two seats upfront. pink season could be good for getting a child into alot of fish too
Ditto's.

If the pinks get in here thick, a boat really isn't needed to slay them..but, I hear they are a blast to pull plugs for. Never tried it (yet).

Lupo: How about we do a two boat "wall of death" for these pinks?

VHawk: You got a few of these kids wanting to go fishing sometime in late Sept, early Oct.?

I can handle a couple of kids, or preferrably one kid and a parent. All they got to bring is themselves and their food.

Whattayathink? Lupo, you up for it?

Mike

#309339 - 08/25/05 01:35 AM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

id be in for it......skagit pinks can make for sore arms.... and the kids still think they are the bigest fish ever

#309340 - 08/25/05 10:47 AM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Koho King Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Vince,
It looks like the seller shipped out the rod sets.
Can you let us know when the rod sets reach the camp. Then I can leave feedback for the seller. Thanks!

#309341 - 08/25/05 05:48 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

iso: for that day only we might need to rename it "the wall of life" the real name just doesnt sound like the right motif for such a fun day of kids and fish

#309342 - 08/25/05 08:09 PM Re: KidsCancerCamp /THANKS/ NEWPICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lupo:
iso: for that day only we might need to rename it "the wall of life" the real name just doesnt sound like the right motif for such a fun day of kids and fish
Hmmm. You might have something there...makes sense.

How about "Wall of Excitement".. ?

Oh well, we can figure that out as we go. Any word from Vince?

"PP calling Vince...you out there?"

Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 389 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |