THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#348849 - 04/25/07 06:55 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: Irie]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
 Originally Posted By: Irie
Crap. I just got a call from my Cracker friend.

"Lets git 'er done. Ill pick you up at 5:30"

"Uhh..OK see you at 5:30"

"Git er Done!"

is this him?

Attachments
658-rn.jpg

#348854 - 04/25/07 07:05 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: LoweDown]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
Dude, not cool, that's my brother in law \:\)

#348855 - 04/25/07 07:07 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: Todd]
Jaba'da butt Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kelso, wa.
Power bait and Ritz crackers , here I come!

#348857 - 04/25/07 07:07 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Dave D]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
 Originally Posted By: Dave D
Dude, not cool, that's my brother in law \:\)

Which one is that, Dave? The dude on the right, or the dude on the left?

\:D

#348881 - 04/25/07 08:28 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: The Moderator]
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
So since you reminded me I called the grandson up and mentioned that this was the trout opener this weekend! His reply was gramps lets go to the Cowlitz and kill some more steelhead!!! God bless his SOUL!!!PEACE

#348909 - 04/25/07 11:30 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: FASTWATER]
cfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: port orchard
We'll hit it with everyone else, same lake our family has gone to since I was a kid. Once my son got old enough we started the tradition again, other than fishing my favorite flyfishing lake, it's the only time we fish for trout of that variety. It's all about the kids, luckily we have a baseball game at 9:30 so we can get out of there. We just take a few pictures of the triploids, my son's fine with c&r now.

#348916 - 04/25/07 11:39 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: cfish]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
My Step Grandson had opening day last weekend at the kid's fishing event where he lives in Alberta. No 5" fish in this lake.

Funny post though Todd.

#348918 - 04/25/07 11:41 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Idaho Mike]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
I guess it helps to remember to click all of the buttons for hitting submit.

Attachments
661-IMG_0728.jpg

#348934 - 04/25/07 11:58 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Idaho Mike]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Trout fillets on the kwikies ...

#348953 - 04/26/07 01:41 AM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: RognSue]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
I'd say most lakes are like this. Crap planters which are 9" and skinny as toothpicks, no fight, and meat that rivals the consistency of chunked tuna and the taste of, well, I don't eat them so I wouldn't know. Maybe the same sort of fatchery food stuff they ate in pens for a few years???....

I can't stand to fish at lakes like Beaver and Pine anymore. No size and no fish. It's rare as heck to get a holdover or a triploid, maybe once every 3 trips in the spring, and when you do get one and take it back to the launch or catch it off the dock everyone ooh's and ahh's it like it's a state record....

#348978 - 04/26/07 02:49 AM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: Todd]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The lake we fish on the opener has steelhead, and stocked trout up to 15 pounds. Yes, there are a few 7 inchers, but they're usually in the bellies of teh fish we catch. It's a fun day on the lake with the boys, but we don't keep a thing. Kinda like the madness on Lake WAshington.

SNOBS! ;\)

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#348980 - 04/26/07 03:09 AM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: LoweDown]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
 Originally Posted By: LoweDown

is this him?

The teeth are right, the shiathole dwelling and knocked up tramp are right, the fortified piss beer is right, but he has a shaved head and cant afford a purebred so he settled for a lab mix. I guess he felt that a fat, bitchy girlfriend with two kids with two different last names, and a cat werent enough for a 500 sq ft two bedroom apartment.

I kid you not.

#348983 - 04/26/07 03:28 AM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
 Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
oh, Trout season opens Saturday?
Scratch my trip this weekend, I'm gonna go stand on the shores of Martha lake in Lynnwood instead..... \:\)

Hey, I got a 6 plus pounder there when I was a kid. I use to love that lake. ;\) no, really, I did.

I do think it is funny though how most people think fishing starts on "opening day". It never ends or starts. Just a never ending cycle of where to go next. I have converted many a friend into fishing buddies, who now take their own families fishing by taken them for trout shortly after "opening day" or humpy fishing.

Pretty funny though Todd, and very accurate description of Pine Lake.

We will be at baseball games all day Saturday. Maybe hit a local lake with all my kids friends and get them some fish in the evening. Usually every year I seem to be the designated one who takes all the kids we know fishing. Then I somehow get roped into cleaning and telling their parents how to cook them. Oh well, not that bad, can be pretty fun. I guess it is part of the deal when most of your conversation start and end with discussing fishing and snowboarding. I will be the dad on Deer lake here on the island with the chartruse Power Bait brigade following me around. I will be trying to keep more little white marshmellows on lines rather than going into the kids mouths. I will surely have to tell them several times why power bait goes on the hook rather than gets made into all kinds of giggle causing shapes. The loud commotion cannot be missed. Oh, I will have Stams future girlfriend's kid with me too, probably her as well. Maybe I'll get a new camera (since I lost mine) and get some pics of all the action. Could be comedy hour. But, they are as Todd said the future fisherman. It can be cool most of the time. Wouldn't mind a springer though.

Edited by Addicted (04/26/07 03:33 AM)

#348992 - 04/26/07 05:44 AM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Dogfish]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
 Originally Posted By: Dogfish
The lake we fish on the opener has steelhead, and stocked trout up to 15 pounds. Yes, there are a few 7 inchers, but they're usually in the bellies of teh fish we catch. It's a fun day on the lake with the boys, but we don't keep a thing. Kinda like the madness on Lake WAshington.

SNOBS! ;\)
1/6oz krocodile in pink scale has been a 10lb rainbow magnet on that lake for me for quite a few years now ;\)

#349005 - 04/26/07 10:15 AM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Chum Man]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Black leech, wooly bugger, egg sucking leech, among other things.

#349038 - 04/26/07 12:10 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Dogfish]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Black seal bugger! Last year blood red was good too.

My 4yo was out practicing her casting off the deck last night. I've decided there will be no casting this year.

#349040 - 04/26/07 12:23 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Rocket Red]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

What, you scared? Just pinch the barbs, wear a hat, and glasses.

#349043 - 04/26/07 12:42 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some. [Re: Dogfish]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Oh, I'm not scared, I put up with my Dad's fly casting that is way worse. Judging by last nights practice it is the back of her neck that I am worried about.

#349114 - 04/26/07 05:26 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: HillbillyRedneck]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
 Originally Posted By: Hillbilly Rednec
Even though Flowing is open year round I'm sure it will be a zoo.

Look, I'm all for taking kids trout fishing (in May). But can someone explain to me why you would go fish a lake that is open year round on opening day? I mean, why not fish it last Saturday or Sunday will all the same fish but minus the crowds? Crowds of fisherman make it fun? I just don't get it.

Quote:
Those wild steelhead are over rated anyways:)

Yeah, right.

Ike

#349118 - 04/26/07 05:44 PM Re: Saturday...a day filled with anguish for some... [Re: Ikissmykiss]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Since I won't be anywhere near the lowland lakes opening day I took the family to Roses lake in Chelan county last week. I swear to God those 15-17" trout fought like a Silver. Multiple high flying ariels and a tenacity I don't usually see in fish that size. Lots o' fun. Went 3 for 8 (don't ask) and had a great dinner of cedar planked trout.

If you are going out for the opener have fun 'cause that's why most of us fish...isn't it?

Peace---RVW

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |