Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#363009 - 07/15/07 10:21 PM Controlled Hunt Results
tmike Offline
Fry

Loc: Black Diamond
FYI they completed the drawing. You can go into your hunt draw history and see if you were successful for 2007. It won't tell you which choice. That will come next week hopefully. I struck out this year. Good luck my nephew drew a branched bull tag.

#363025 - 07/16/07 12:11 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
bigman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Out of 3 family members I was the only one who got a tag \:\(
Deer, just gotta wait to see where at

#363031 - 07/16/07 12:29 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: bigman]
salty Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I drew deer, but nada on the rest. Had a couple of primo hunts for 1st and 2nd choices, so I've got my fingers crossed. I've heard of a number of people that have "E" listed...wonder if that means "Error"? Guess we'll see next week. Hope for WDFW's sake they don't have to redraw.

#363039 - 07/16/07 12:56 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: salty]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Do you have a link? Can't find anything but 206 data.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#363082 - 07/16/07 11:11 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
tmike Offline
Fry

#363194 - 07/16/07 08:13 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
Archery - Margaret or Toutle Bull.
Not sure which unit yet.

#363245 - 07/17/07 02:17 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
Dan D.V. Offline
Eyed Egg

I didn't draw, but my kids went nuts.

My 16 y/o son drew a great buck tag (don't know which GMU yet, but we only put in for three primo ones).

My 13 y/o son drew:
- Buck tag
- Bull elk tag
- Moose tag
- Bighorn Sheep tag

Really. That must be like hitting the lottery. I'm pretty excited.....

#363259 - 07/17/07 09:12 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dan D.V.]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Dan D.V.
I didn't draw, but my kids went nuts.

My 16 y/o son drew a great buck tag (don't know which GMU yet, but we only put in for three primo ones).

My 13 y/o son drew:
- Buck tag
- Bull elk tag
- Moose tag
- Bighorn Sheep tag

Really. That must be like hitting the lottery. I'm pretty excited.....

Are you sure? That seems like a dream. If it is true you have a lot of work to do.

#363343 - 07/17/07 02:20 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Sorry to give you all bad news.But heres the scoop,straight from Olympia this morning.I called them about 10 this morning.And have already posted this on a couple other sites

None of the info you have found out is accurate.They hope the results will be posted by Friday but they do have till the end of the month..Till then nothing you have seen matters.

They told me the successful-unsuccesful is not accurate and cannot be verified.

Hope those of you that think you got drawn arent disapointed.And do get what you think you did.I know I would be,and am, just having to continue to wait.

Sorry guys.

#363371 - 07/17/07 05:26 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
SWEET!!!!

that means there may still be a glimmer of a chance!

#363373 - 07/17/07 05:37 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Bummer for Dan DV. Or maybe not as that did sound like a lot of work. Shoot I'd quit my job to guide my son around on those hunts he "drew". Hope some of those stick.
I have a friend with a goat tag in ID this year and can't wait to see the goat in camp as I'll arrive after that hunt is done.

#363397 - 07/17/07 06:57 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: seastrike]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

has anyone found anything online to explain the error by the wdfw?

I was just hoping that there was a good honest explanation behind it. Oh wait, it is the wdfw, I guess that sums it up.

#363399 - 07/17/07 07:06 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Dont blame WDFW ,sure they have their faults but you can blame Outdoor Central for this 1. They are the outfit in charge of permit draws. I think everybody out to go to there site and let them know what we think.

#363412 - 07/17/07 07:21 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

makes me feel better to blame wdfw, besides they are the one that contracts them for the special permit process.

#363424 - 07/17/07 07:42 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Well,

I have to admit it, you can all blame me. When I saw that I wasn't drawn with a minimum of 5 preference points on any one of 5 species (9 for elk, moose, sheep, and goat, 5 for deer), I was hoping for the data to be incorrect.

I think that what folks get when they try an end around though, and the method folks were using didn't seem correct. Remember, your name may be pulled out of the hat, but if your chosen hunts have already been given away to folks drawn before you, you still get no joy.

Anyway, I've been a good boy this past year, and I deserve to be drawn. Not you guys. ;\)

I feel sorry for Dan's son, but then again he's at camp and didn't even know. Here hoping I really do get drawn, as is will make up for being drawn as an alternate on a moose tag two years ago. I'll save some pepperoni for you.

#363443 - 07/17/07 08:53 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
tmike Offline
Fry

If it's true they messed up, sorry to get your hopes up if you thought you drew. When I saw the kid got sheep, moose , deer and elk tag I thought something was up. I know my nephew will be bummed, but that means my wife and I are still in the game. I should have known I need to see it in writing.WDFW or someone else, this is typical of our state.

#363479 - 07/18/07 12:16 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
Camofish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
Nada, again for me. Guess I'll keep throwing my $5 out there till I get it, and I'll be fookin' stoked when I do. Deer, Elk, & moose...

#363623 - 07/18/07 05:41 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: ]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Sent this in this morning along with a couple phone calls.
Dear Mr Koenings, 07/18/07

There has been a great deal of concern in the hunting community regarding this years permit draw process.Most people feel that the extension given on the submission of draws was not fair to people that put their selections in on time.They feel that it gave people an opportunity to apply for permits that wouldnt have ordinarily applied.Thus taking opportunity away from people that applied on time.

Another situation has been where people are going to the site where you put in your wild I.D. # and it tells if you were selected, or not selected for Individual species and for each year.They are seeing results for 2007 showing if they have been selected or not,but arent yet able to see what units they were selected for, if they were selected for a special permit.
Some offices are saying that it is not valid information and it will probably change.Other offices are saying it is accurate, and all that needs to be posted is the unit that an individual was selected for.

Another area of concern is the validity of this years permit draw.We have all been seeing the notice that "Due to technical difficulties special hunt results are not yet available."A lot of people have been calling the Olympia offices and regional offices.Then they get a lot of conflicting reports of what is going on with the draw system.

Some of the examples are
That bonus points were not put in so a redraw needs to be done.
There is a server issue transfering the info from Outdoor Central to WDFW.
That the selected- not selected portion of the draws is accurate.
That the selected-not selected portion is not accurate.

Most sportsmen and women feel that Outdoor Central has been in this business for a long time.They should be very capable of handling any and all issues that come up with the permitting process and that delays and mistakes on their part are totally unacceptable.But that they seem to make them every year.We hope that this issue has been taken up with them and that we wont be seeing these kinds of problems in the future.

Unfortunately most people are placing the blame on WDFW because your office did the hiring of Outdoor Central.Thus you are ultimately responsible for the final outcome.This is causing a major image problem with WDFW as seen by our states sportsmen and women.

I have been seeing these issues talked about on several internet bulletin boards.One thing that has been a pretty good suggestion would be if there is any way you could put up a bulletin on WDFWs website,and explain what is really going on.Maybe address some of the issues I brought up.And also to explain what is being done to get these issues straightened out.

I would really appreciate it if I could hear back from you regarding this letter.
You can reach me at xxxxxx .com

Sincerely,
Rick Hill

These are just a few examples of whats going on.

They put this out a little while ago.
WDFW ADVISORY
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

July 18, 2007

Results of special-hunt drawing delayed

The results of the drawing for 2007 special hunting permits are not available at this time, due to technical difficulties with the Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (WDFW) computerized licensing system.

WDFW will post the results on this website and contact successful applicants as soon as the drawing is completed and the results are verified.

A test drawing, conducted July 14, was never verified, because WDFW found that its licensing system failed to include bonus points for many applicants. WDFW is working with Outdoor Central, its licensing system vendor, to correct that problem before conducting a final drawing.

“Fairness is the key issue here,” said Larry Peck, WDFW deputy director. “We need to make sure everyone gets all the bonus points coming to them. This is a two-step process: The drawing is not official until the results have been verified.”

Once that occurs, the department will immediately phone about 320 applicants for special hunts beginning Aug. 1 with the results, Peck said. Other applicants will be notified by mail, as described in WDFW’s Big Game Hunting Rules pamphlet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been sent to the WDFW All Information mailing list.
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list: http://wdfw.wa.gov/lists/unsubscribe.htm

#363624 - 07/18/07 05:43 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Looks like they are trying to cover their a$$es by saying it was a test run.

#363682 - 07/18/07 09:34 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: HntnFsh
Looks like they are trying to cover their a$$es by saying it was a test run.

My thoughts exactly!

#363686 - 07/18/07 09:48 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Puyallup & Chinook Pass, WA.
NO SH*T!!!
I am HOT!!!. First the extension was BS. NOW this. I got drawn "supposedly "for a dream hunt. Meaning my couple of selections are totally awesome hunts. I was so jacked up I could hardly sleep. Then telling buddies about my hunt now I get kicked in the balls. I smell a rat. If I get new result saying "not selected" I may go postal at the WDFW headquaters.

#363689 - 07/18/07 09:54 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Now you armchair quarterbacks are just plain whining.

Did any of you receive either mail or e-mail notification of you being drawn for a hunt? I doubt so. You were trying to short circuit the system, you thought you found something out early, and now you are pissed. You tried to exploit a weakness in their system, and got burnt. Get over it.

The regs said that they have until July 31st to notify us of being drawn, and that date has yet to pass.

Folks who have the points deserve to get credit for it. When I purchased my special permit apps, their was an error in the number of points that it showed due to me being drawn for AHE cow permits (which don't count against you). They said that the drawing would reflect the correct number of points in the drawing, and apparently it didn't. Certainly sounds plausible to be that they ran a test, and their system for adjusting for these AHE points didn't work.

Look out for the black helicopters, and I'm sorry that you got all butt hurt about this. It really was my fault, not theirs.

#363692 - 07/18/07 10:11 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
Your right Dogfish they have only been doing this for ten years, we should give them some slack.

#363694 - 07/18/07 10:16 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Loc: Rowers Seat
"Due to technical difficulties" what a bunch of bullsh!t. The extension thing has happened for the past 3 years! WDFG has become a laughing stock. Our license fee are higher than most every other state around and we are getting nothing in return for it! Oh, thats right, we are getting lower catches for most species of fish. We are getting, nice, well maintained ramps to launch our vessels at. I'm sure others can chime in on were our money is going. Starting to think I will start hunting in other states again. It's a shame when you can't even get excited about hunting and fishing in your own state. For the $1000 it costs to buy out of state tags, including the expenses for the trip, you get a lot more for you money than you do here. Plus a much better chance of bagging an animal!

Edited by fishmaster (07/18/07 10:18 PM)

#363697 - 07/18/07 10:46 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

So they kept the drawings open for a few more days. Sure, I got mine in on time, but I don't feel slighted.

You were also using the incorrect website for finding out your hunt selections.

You are a bunch of whiny guys who sound like every other "wronged group" and feel that you are either ENTITLED to have everything run perfect, and go your way. Guess what, the world isn't perfect. Get over it Alice.

Sheesh, you guys sound like somebody's squawking 12 year old daughter because her shoes weren't the right shade of pink.

#363720 - 07/19/07 12:29 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

Loc: Hockinson, WA
Wow dogfish you are being a littl eharsh arn't you...

Think of it this way.
WDFW says draw will be friday results will be posted saturday. So you go look saturday, on a WDFW website and see that you are selected, what do you think??? You think you are selected. Then wednesday after mistakes have been found they say oh that was just a test. After they said you can look here at your drawing history, and your current status... And the current status is what got me lookign there.
If i didn't get drawn i would have brushed it off as another year, another preference point just like the last 9.
But the WDFW told me i can see my tag STATUS there so that is where i checked...
There are people that think they should draw every year.
Now i do not know you so i will not make any statements about you or your statements, but i bet if you looked and drew a moose permit or a big bull permit and was fed a line of bull like some, your tune would change...

Now i have already heard some people say oh no it wouldn't matter, if it wasn't a fair draw i would always want it to be redrawn. Well how do you know that this next one will be fair??? Could be problems with the next one and really do not want to deal with it again????
Is there any watchdog on the WDFW??? Nope.
Now i am not really hot anymore, i am over it, but what i am mad about is being fed many different lines of bull.

So do you know for a fact that it was points missing???
I know for a fact that someone in my party was removed from the draw before it happened. We did not know that is what happened untill today, but the drawing was void of his name.
Also heard that there was double the moose permits issued.
Also heard that it was an even draw, nobody had any preference points.

All from the game department, so what do you want people to believe???

#363722 - 07/19/07 12:32 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

Oh yeah maybe now i will draw my desert buck tag...

#363723 - 07/19/07 12:37 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Your absolutely right , how sellfish of me. Expecting something the state has involvement in to run even close to fair.I'd like to buy you lunch for your insight. You like knuckle sandwiches?

#363726 - 07/19/07 12:42 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I'm harsh? What about all the folks bi-tchin at the WDFW?

Again, they said results by 7/31/07, and they provided a SPECIFIC website to check the results on, and yes, my elk permit ticket showed an incorrect number of preferrence points. The state hasn't passed the deadline yet, and the website they provide in the regs didn't show anything incorrect.

I do hope Dan's sons get a hunt or two, and you guys as well, but you really are sounding like a bunch of whiners. Sorry I upset you by comparing you to a 12 year old girl. Well, not really.

#363728 - 07/19/07 12:43 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

LMFAO, just f*cking with you Dogfish. I know your a good guy. Just upset about being c*ckteased by the WDFW. You know, got me all rutted up and then told me no,

#363730 - 07/19/07 12:46 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

And hey, theres a big difference between whining and be upset. I'm no whiner I'll guarantee you that, but yes I was upset.

#363741 - 07/19/07 02:25 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
Dan D.V. Offline
Eyed Egg

So unbelievably excited..........

Then so terribly bummed.........

Andy, I must blame you. You spoke it, and it was so......

And for the record, I pretty much do feel like a 12 year old girl over this one.

My pet elk need thinning next month.

#363744 - 07/19/07 03:13 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dan D.V.]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, Wa. USA
I think most everyone is mistaken on this. None of the links I checked for my draw results are WDFW. They are all Outdoor Central pages. I was never told by WDFW that I was drawn or not. Only by Outdoor Central. I even told my Dad and stepdaughter that they got drawn, but no one else did. Something is hinky here, but it is not just WDFW. WDFW is always hinky, we know that and should never believe anything unless we have it in writing. Then only believe what we actually see first hand. Now for all the sub-contractors this state uses, they rely on computers to do the work. Computers screw up more than people do. Just look at the election results over the years. It sucks, but we will all have to wait for the new drawing to be done.

#363776 - 07/19/07 10:16 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Big Jim]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

So I have my Margaret or Toutle bull tag taken away......I will get it someday.

My bitch is the problems and lies we are being fed. I follow the rules and apply early and on time. Those that choose to apply late cause problems for the system and they extend the deadline. Would the state Lotto do that? We are not the only state that uses points or Outdoor Central. This is not the first time or first year that we have had problems with the draw. The other states don't seem to have the problems we have. Call one F&W number and get an explanation, call another number and you get another explanation. Send an email and again, a different answer. Leave a message about trapping and never get a reply. Call about tooth submittals and get fed bs by an office assistant that knows nothing. Send an email about any of the above and don't get a reply for going on 23 days. Call about a family members hunting or trapping status and have them tell you that they never held a license or completed a course.....and know that they are wrong.

I know that nothing is ever perfect, but a guy can only take so much.

#363783 - 07/19/07 11:19 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

Amen brother, Amen. WDFW couln't organize a three year olds birthday party yet we pay the highest resident fees around. I think I know their employee's and managment's mentallity. "My checks the same" Am I right?

#363786 - 07/19/07 11:28 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Dan,

I know you know what a 12 year old girl acts like. Am I wrong? ;\)

Two more weeks, and we'll have our answers.

#363905 - 07/19/07 07:15 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
So good to finally see someone say that perhaps our fine State of Washington Fish and Wildlife Department may have f'd up. So many of you appreciate the fairness in a redraw, but aren't looking at the people applying for these permits that have multiple years of points built up for a specific hunt. Seeing that some of you respect this and appreciate the drawing did take place (trial drawing my a#s), and the States mistake is a huge mess up, makes me confident that perhaps this will find justice in the near future. Riverswild, you're right, I've been fed bs also on this whole deal. I didn't get my draw, but my dad saw that he got his after 8 points worth, 8 years, and is now in limbo. With 8 points accumulated someone should expect their draw. This point system seems weird anyways with people recieving points for reporting poachers, etc... I hope since my dad, after having a heart attack and surviving it last month, and seeing the results of this draw said, "this is the hunt of a lifetime" gets the opportunity to participate in the hunt. Let the WDFW call him personally and say, "gees, sorry but we f'd up". GOOD JOB WDFW. Not only is it my dad, it's kids, wives, and even you.... Now what do we do, just stand back and get yeehawed in the pooper? Great! Thanks Big Jim, I like the word hinky!

#363913 - 07/19/07 07:48 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Fishtales]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

seems to me that in the very beginning that I claimed that the WDFW f'd up but was quickly told it wasn't their fault, that it was Outdoor Centrals fault.

WDFW is a big operation with big shoulders, they can handle some dumping on. Besides they should be used to it by now

#363931 - 07/19/07 09:13 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

WDFW chose the contractor, they are responsible.
If you as lets say a home builder, and you sub out some work and it gets screwed up, do you tell the people you are building a house for sorry not my fault, even though it was you who subed out the work??? Pretty much the same. WDFW has no watch dog, there is no accountability, because they are not even accountable to the people who support there jobs.
Fishtales sorry to hear about your dad, hpe he gets out and is able to hunt.
I have 10 points now that i will not draw this year (what are the odds of getting drawn 2 times in the same year???). But i am realistic and know that there is only 34 permits for about 1200 people in the units i put in for. So someday i will draw, i was just excited to see that it was possibly this year...

We need to see some accountability. And responsibility, maybe some pride in ones job. But i forgot they are govt workers... I do not take that litely, because i am a govt. employee also. But tax payers do not pay my wage...

#363965 - 07/20/07 12:29 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Big Thule,

I'll also have 10 points for nexts year's draw in at least 3 species. No joy for me in antlerd bull elk in many ,many years, and 5 years for a deer hunt. I'm due as well.

The extension issue was a server issue, and if you were one of the guys who would have gotten screwed out of submitting your application on the last day, you would have been bi-tching about that. The extension was fair. Can you honestly say that the folks who tried to submit their apps on the last day deserve to get screwed out of a chance?

Again, for the third time, they haven't passed the date that they said the results would be out by, July 31st, 2007, and that the results would be available on a specific website. The results you received were on the subcontractor's website, not the WDFW's official website and none of you can say which hunt you were drawn for with any certainty, unless you only put in for a single hunt. As long as they get the results out by 7/31/07, I'm fine by the WDFW, because that is when they said they'd get them out by.

Personally, I'd like the results much earlier, like permits due by Feb 28th, and drawings by March 31st.

Whine, whine, whine. You guys are not acting like 12 year olds, I apologize to 12 year old girls everywhere. Yes, I think you are behaving like a bunch of 2 year olds.

#363969 - 07/20/07 12:50 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

10 points??? Good God! I only have 3 points and I was expecting good things this year.

do the points really matter??

My uncle drew a branched bull tag year before last, so his points reset. Then last year drew a cow tag. Seems to me there is no rhyme or reason to their system.

#363992 - 07/20/07 08:39 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

Dog fish, i am not to worried about it anymore. There were people that were told over the phone what unit and tag they were actually drawn for, byu the olympia office...
And if i did wait untill the last day to submit my choices i would kick my own a$$ because i know what happened last year and they put out many warnings to submit early, because there would be no extension, then what happened??? People flooded the sysytem and messed it up again.
I waited until the multi season permit was was drawn for the second time, no dice so i submitted my apps a couple days before the deadline...
I would love to see the drawing in jan feb march time frame...

But i was told there winter survival study is not done untill late, that is why i drawings are last...

Heck maybe now i will get my desert mule deer hunt...

#364004 - 07/20/07 12:00 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Just got an email saying the drawing can now be viewed....
Good luck guys!
Dogfish if you get drawn for a moose hunt I'd love to tag along.

#364008 - 07/20/07 12:09 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: seastrike]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

I see Salty beat me to the punch.
Let's hear about your draws guys.

#364015 - 07/20/07 01:10 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: seastrike]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Now the servers down! CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!

#364025 - 07/20/07 01:35 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
Elkman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Anchorage, AK U.S.A
The site is down, because everyone and there brother is on the site!

Ryan

#364027 - 07/20/07 01:55 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Elkman]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

You gotta be wrong there Elkman. Everyone is conspiring against me. Shhhh!......did you just hear that?

#364032 - 07/20/07 02:23 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester, Washington
I'm happy...my brother and I both drew a muzzleloader Toutle cow permit, and we applied separately. I had 1 point, and I think my brother had 3. I'm looking forward to that hunt. It'll be a nice change from hunting eastern Washington and only being able to kill spikes. Plus this is a lot closer to home...just think of all the money we'll save on gas.

#364043 - 07/20/07 03:26 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Hairy Ape]
Elkman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Anchorage, AK U.S.A
Andy,

I will wait 30 minutes, and then switch to see if we can get our results.

Ryan

#364062 - 07/20/07 04:57 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Hairy Ape]
tmike Offline
Fry

I just called 360 902 2515. The gal told me I was a loser, my wife is a loser, and my nephew who thought he had a big bull tag is a loser too! Oh well at least I can head East and shoot a cow elk starting Aug. 1st. Good luck.

Edited by tmike (07/20/07 04:58 PM)

#364081 - 07/20/07 06:54 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: tmike]
Fishtales Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
Wow, now we all know the draw is "final", but we can't view it. Is this the same contractor with the poor server issues our the state that can't support the traffice? Anyone know a secret to get a result? Some of you, congratulations, know the results. Is it just persistence on the look up?

#364089 - 07/20/07 07:08 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Fishtales]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Just got my results. No joy on any hunts. 0 for 5. Best of luck on yours. I just kept trying and finally it worked.

Server is overloaded.

#364093 - 07/20/07 07:26 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dogfish]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Dogfish-

They(WDFW) sent a notice out stating "don't wait for the last minute to put in for your special hunt application". And I can honestly say that if I waited until the last day and didn't get mine submitted I wouldn't have a problem with that. My falut for waiting til the last min. The problem is this has happened for the last 3 F'ing years! Maybe they should get some more server space? I know there has to be something that can be done to fix this year after year problem!

And for the record who gives a [censored] how many times youv'e siad it. If it was just a test they shouldn't have even released the F'ing results, sub-contractor or not! Pull your head out of your ass. You are the only one on this board/topic that is defending the WDFW!

#364096 - 07/20/07 07:34 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

i got the same crappy results that I had the first time around!

#364098 - 07/20/07 08:02 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Thrasher]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

just got my results- Archery Elk for Toutle YAAHHHOOOOO!!

#364123 - 07/20/07 09:59 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

I definitely like the results. I tried for 2 hours this morning to get results.Finally gave up and went fishing.Got home and tried again a bit ago.Talk about anticipation.

YeeeeeHaaaaaw!!!!!Took over 10 years but the kid and I drew Margaret Muzzleloader bull tags.Stoked is an understatement.!!!!!

Ive only ever put in for Margaret bull as #1 and Toutle bull as #2 though

Still pissed about how this whole thing was handled.I really hope some heads roll over this.

I also really feel for the guys and gals that though they had drawn but ended up with nothing after the so called TEST RUN

HntnFsh

#364124 - 07/20/07 10:01 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Originally Posted By: fishmaster
You are the only one on this board/topic that is defending the WDFW!

I agree with Dogfish. The WDFW never posted results and now some people are mad because they didn't get drawn. It's not their fault your luck wasn't good. Not everybody can have a permit, that's the reason for the draw!

#364128 - 07/20/07 10:27 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Hairy Ape]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

No,WDFW never posted the results.
But I have heard of a few people that were told by WDFW people in Olympia that they drew.And What they drew. So yes I think they have a right to bitch!

If not for that and the only info they got was by doing the end around to Outdoor Centrals sight.Then ya I agree to.But thats not the case in a few instances.

HntnFsh

#364137 - 07/20/07 10:57 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: HntnFsh]
Hairy Ape Offline
Juvenile at Sea

So a clerk who answers the phone looked up the results of the first messed up draw, and told somebody what they drew. Oh well. That's too bad, and surely would be disappointing for the few people that it happened to, but it also would not be fair to use the results of a drawing that did not use people's bonus points. They probably should not have given out any results before it was all verified and became official, but they did. The people that work for the WDFW are human, and make mistakes like everybody else. Nothing is perfect. Hopefully it will work out better next time. This was the first year that they have used an outside vendor. Give them a break. Some people get too worked up over this. Look on the bright side...we got notification July 20th when it could have been July 31st.

HuntnFish, aren't you glad they did the draw again correctly, and used your points, so that you and your kid were able to draw your Margaret bull permits?

#364174 - 07/21/07 11:04 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Hairy Ape]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

Like I said in my last post( might want to re-read) it doesn't matter who posted it. WDFW hired the company to do the drawings. The rules should be set up front. It's pretty easy guys. NO RESULTS RELEASED UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN VARIFIED, TEST OR NOT. As many people have already stated, this isn't the first time for the server problem.

I'm not to worked up. Just amazes me that the people running our game dept. can be so incompitent. I now know why our fishing and hunting privliges get less and less each year. Pretty so we all will be sitting on our thumbs watching the native americans do what we all love to do HUNT & FISH.

All in All just another reason to look to the south or east for my hunting and fishing oppertunities. Most every other state within 12 hours drive has there heads screwed on straight. No problems with drawing and most of the time better hunting/fishing.

Dave

Edited by fishmaster (07/21/07 11:09 AM)

#364183 - 07/21/07 01:48 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

It just seems that no matter what happens, someone will complain. This entire board seems to have more complainers then sportspeople. Everyone has a right to complain, just get over it and grow up. We went 1 for 6 this year. My Dad lost his elk tag in the second draw, but it happens. Next year he will have a better chance. Everyone knows that this state is screwed up. If you don't like, do something about it. If you do nothing and just whine, why don't you just leave. I hear MT is nice. Cheap tags too. Otherwise, SHUT UP! And yes, even I whine sometimes. I just do it once, then I move on.

#364237 - 07/21/07 07:19 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Big Jim]
BigTULE Offline
Parr

No more complaining from me...
But some explanation. My points and most everybody's points were used in the drawing.
1)If you are an AH and you drew a tag last year then your points were messed up, just trying to clear that up as people keep saying that nobody had points.
2) backdooring the system. Not sure if i started that but i was told by the game dept. that i could check my drawing status there. So if i am told that i can check there i do.

And you guys that are telling people to shut up and do something, if we do will you help. Probably not, what i have seen from most of us sportsmen if you call somepeople that, is all talk. Bitch about road huntersa but do nothing. Complain about poaching, but how many belong to Eyes in the woods.
Dogfish, Big Jim i gather from your statements on this subject that you are happy with the way these drawings have been run??? And this is not the first year.
In this day of computers do you think they could get it right the first time??? 6 months to do the first drawing, but 2 days to do the redraw??? Hello??? Then they draw guys for tags that they can not even put in for...
Another problem they had and knew it, Multi season tags had to be redrawn, spring bear was messed up. They knew they had problems, and did nothing to fix them.

I enjoy my cheap tags, i am a dissabled vet, and if i did not buy my tags do you think they would care? Probably not.

#364262 - 07/21/07 10:15 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: BigTULE]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
And you guys that are telling people to shut up and do something, if we do will you help. Probably not, what i have seen from most of us sportsmen if you call somepeople that, is all talk. Bitch about road huntersa but do nothing. Complain about poaching, but how many belong to Eyes in the woods.
Dogfish, Big Jim i gather from your statements on this subject that you are happy with the way these drawings have been run??? And this is not the first year.
In this day of computers do you think they could get it right the first time??? 6 months to do the first drawing, but 2 days to do the redraw??? Hello??? Then they draw guys for tags that they can not even put in for...
Another problem they had and knew it, Multi season tags had to be redrawn, spring bear was messed up. They knew they had problems, and did nothing to fix them.

Well said.

#364282 - 07/22/07 01:14 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
Dan D.V. Offline
Eyed Egg

Well, the 2nd draw wasn't as kind to us as the original "unvalidated" draw was, but we were still treated pretty good.

I put my 16 and 13 year old sons in separately, but they both drew the same muzzleloader bull tag, so that will work out well. They're both increasing their effective range pretty quickly so we should be ready come season.

I figure I went 0-for-10 this year.... 0-for-5 in the unvalidated draw and 0-for-5 in the validated draw.

Man, it was nice to see that my kid had drawn a sheep tag, even if it doesn't count. We got to dream for a day....

#364298 - 07/22/07 11:19 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Dan D.V.]
TheKid#10 Offline
Smolt

LITTLE NACHES A !!!!!!!! I'm Rick James beyotch.

#365275 - 07/26/07 10:34 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: TheKid#10]
fishnclifff Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver WA
I drew a Lewis doe tag

#365313 - 07/27/07 05:24 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishnclifff]
Big Jim Offline
Returning Adult

No, I am not happy with the results. But there is nothing that can be done. I went to a non-WDFW site before the results got verified. Got all happy too. All I can do is whine and complain about the draw. But it won't help because I got the results BEFORE they were verified. It just makes me look like a child. So I move on. I am glad they corrected the problem. I know the people who had lots of points built up will be happy and it is the only fair thing to do, redraw. Yes, the WDFW screwed up, they admitted it and fixed it. What would have happened if they just said, Tough, we drew and that's it? As for doing my part, I don't belong to the Eyes in the Woods. But every year we stop at the Vail check station and BS. Most years we bring goodies for them to eat, coffee, etc. These people are using their hunting season and free time to help us, so I commend them for it. I just don't have the time to do it myself. What I do is keep my eyes open while out hunting and fishing. I report poachers, dumpers, trespassers and meth labs on Ft. Lewis and other places and I write down licenses plates of rigs that may be up to no good. So far I have had a large group of crab poachers at Westport busted big time, three different trespassers on Ft. Lewis busted along with a meth lab, and a dumper also busted. I have had two DUI arrests made and reported two forest fires, one had not been reported yet. Has anyone else done anything? Does everyone know it is federal crime to mess around on Ft. Lewis? My brother in law lost his truck for 4X4ing on the Ft. I also did my part to ban nets, I voted. But how many here voted against it because it didn't effect the tribes? Or how about how many of you people voted to ban bear baiting, hound hunting, and trapping because you think it is cruel? Not knowing that it is a drop in the bucket and now we are shelling out tons of money to fix the problems that were created. Everyone who fishes or hunts or traps should stick together and not let PETA and other groups take away our life choices. That is what we should all be doing, working together in what every way we can to help each other out. And now I am taking my own advice and SHUTTING UP.

#365425 - 07/28/07 10:12 AM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: Big Jim]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Or how about how many of you people voted to ban bear baiting, hound hunting, and trapping because you think it is cruel? Not knowing that it is a drop in the bucket and now we are shelling out tons of money to fix the problems that were created. Everyone who fishes or hunts or traps should stick together and not let PETA and other groups take away our life choices. That is what we should all be doing, working together in what every way we can to help each other out

I have stated this before. If the bird hunters would help the trappers, or the fisherman would help the hound hunters, if anyone who purchases a license from F&W would support the other people who purchase licenses from F&W we would not have lost hound hunting and baiting and trapping would not be the joke that it is. I do not know hounds guys and have never done it nor do I trap, but someday I might want to try it. Folks need to wake up, archery is next. And for bait fishermen, the fly and hardware guys will be coming along with PETA.

#365436 - 07/28/07 12:02 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: riverswild]
fishmaster Offline
Spawner

For all of you that have short memories I will remind everyone NEXT YEAR when this same thing happens again!!

And for the record, When did WDFW admit they screwed up? I have never known a State Agency to admit they made a mistake!! Please post the link?

#365456 - 07/28/07 03:44 PM Re: Controlled Hunt Results [Re: fishmaster]
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

I am happy that they found the errors and gave everyone a chance.We lost two good bull permits and a buck permit, but my buddy drew a Quinault bull on the redraw.

I have seen 3 different news releases from F&W an none of them admitted an agency screw up. What I did see is that they put the whole blame on OC.

What makes me mad is the first release stated that it was a "TEST" draw. Then in a later release it stated there were errors found while validating. Now this release states "hunters who made calls to WDFW offices earlier this week seeking results of the first drawing were given information from the first drawing that had not been validated". To me this implies that the first draw was NOT a test, it was intended to be the real deal, but was not validated when info was given out.

Just give us the truth and I will be happy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 321 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |