LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#366464 - 08/02/07 04:03 PM anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet?
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia
In year's past, I've done really well in August fishing for pinks and silvers off of Lagoon and Bush Points in my boat. I've read the reports about the shore guys picking up fish here and there.

I'm headed that way this weekend and am debating about whether it's worth bringing the boat or not. I'm wondering has anyone been fishing those areas at all with the focus on the chinook opening?

#366465 - 08/02/07 04:10 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: OlyFishin]
Z-fish Offline
Parr

Loc: duvall, wa
Bring your boat, there is no room left to fish at Bush Point from the beach.

#366470 - 08/02/07 04:20 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Z-fish]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
First, there is no Chinook opening...Season just ended, so a lot of the king guys are taking a break and some are going back out to get silvers/Pinks...

I think all you need to do is read Addicted's reports...He's been doing real well out there off Bush Point getting Pinks, Kings and Silvers, so it should be good fishing for you...

#366473 - 08/02/07 04:29 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
There's plenty of room, and the pinks are in...got three last night in a fairly short time, fishing at Bush.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#366475 - 08/02/07 04:35 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Todd]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
I'm headed over tonight with Stam and Dan S. for a couple of days. Should be some serious lip-rippin' between the three of us and our boy up there. \:\)

#366482 - 08/02/07 05:19 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Sol]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
There goes the neighborhood....thanks for the warning! \:\/ I'll probably see you guys there tonight....

Ike

#366489 - 08/02/07 05:59 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
I won't get there until after the tide, but the morning tide looks sweet.

#366490 - 08/02/07 06:01 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Jeff D Offline
Spawner

Loc: S. Whidbey
The fish are small but the resident silvers have been following the bait around, and there has been a lot of bait on the west side of Whidbey.

Pinks are not in full force yet, but will be soon I'm sure. Then it's musical beach fishing - catch a fish and loose your spot

#366572 - 08/03/07 12:46 AM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Jeff D]
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks for the info. I saw the beach threads and just wondered if boat-based folks were having similar results. The crowded beach scene has never excited me. However, it sounds like those guys at Bush Pt. know how to have fun with it.

Yes, I know kings are closed. I just figured everyone was targeting kingsuntil it closed this week, and I hadn't heard reports from anyone who had tried for silvers and pinks yet off West Whidbey, other than beach fishery. It's just a bit early, I know.

I will report what I find on Monday.

#366597 - 08/03/07 03:59 AM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: OlyFishin]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
 Originally Posted By: OlyFishin
The crowded beach scene has never excited me. However, it sounds like those guys at Bush Pt. know how to have fun with it.

I'm no biggie on combat fishing either, but it's pretty fun believe it or not...Pretty sweet when all of a sudden a school rolls through and your watching a half dozen guys reel there fish in and your zoned out watching them and something smacks your pink buzzbomb....

I'm heading up to fish where Addicted's been this Saturday AM and I'm planning on going on my 3 off days later next week and spending a few days up there and fish off my boat....So I'll report back as well with some pictures and what not...

#366969 - 08/05/07 07:37 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

Had a great day on Saturday. Went out for about 3 hours around the mid-morning slack. Hooked a couple of pinks, but the kids lost them. No biggie... that's exactly why I want to fish pinks. Good experience for them.

Then we hook into a beautiful fish-- I'm thinking king as it is ripping line off before I can even pick up the pole, and didn't even get the net out assuming we would release it. As luck would have it, even though we should have lost it by the boat when I realized it was a silver, we get it in. Nice buck starting to hook already! Had the fish checker weigh it for us and it was 12 pounds!

No other fish on and we fished for another hour or so afterwards. Bait was scattering. Didn't seem fishy anymore... so we stopped around noon.

Seemed like each boat we asked had a couple of pinks apiece. So, they are coming in. Should get better over the next couple of weeks.

#366971 - 08/05/07 08:15 PM Re: anyone fishing off West Whidbey for pinks yet? [Re: OlyFishin]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
Awsome, those bigger fish usually start to show in greater numbers after the fish low pressure system in August, looks like you hit the jack pot. Good Luck-TBJ

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 501 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |