LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375228 - 09/17/07 02:11 PM Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol....
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
I saw Sol this weekend and after bs'ing he said he had some thawed UEC eggs he hadn't used that Parker gave him, they needed used so he gave them to me. My dad and I went early this morning to the mighty stink hole, well, not so stinky where we fish, but you know where. First toss in for me, fish on! Hmmm....good eggs. My dad got one teener, I went 3 for 4 with one big girl(low 20's) and two chromer sea liced smaller ones which are now home. Lost the one other one 'cuz everyone needs to be a dork sometimes and try to turn one around before it's ready, it broke me off and gave me that bad, "oh I'm so stupid sometimes" mumble under my breath. Best part of the morning was there was 4 flossers near us, although they were nice and stayed out of our hole, but just up and down from us, we were the only ones to get fish. Hehehe....them eggs worked good. My dad was happy as it was his first kinger there this year. Thanks again Sol, and Parker, and Keith. No pics today however 'cuz I left the camera in the car that my wife took. My dad didn't like how sticky the eggs were, and getting his hands so pink, he likes them eggs now. I'm sure the people at the mouth did good early this morning.

#375231 - 09/17/07 02:14 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
I had a good feeling you were going to score. Those UEC chinook eggs were prime for milking out. \:\)

#375233 - 09/17/07 02:23 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Sol]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Milk they did....every toss in looked looked like I imagine hot tub water looking after you and some date being in the hot tub for two minutes... Thanks though Sol, dude, I called ya right after I got the first one in this morning, now my phone is seriously gross with fish slime, ditch mud, and UEC remnants coated on it.

#375235 - 09/17/07 02:49 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Right. So ends that.

Oh well, at least someone caught some fish with them.

Good for you, Ricardo!

#375267 - 09/17/07 05:46 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Sol]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Were these UEC eggs possibly the ones that were bequeathed to me from Parker for the MAP jacket, and then later hijacked by Sol in transit? \:\/

Glad you put 'em to good use Addicted

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#375270 - 09/17/07 05:51 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: NOFISH]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Pat who do I have to bl** to get one of those jackets?
I tried stealing Parkers a few weeks ago but he wouldn't take it off.

#375273 - 09/17/07 06:02 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: seastrike]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Parker got the last one of the batch Dave......hopefully we'll get the ole bean-counter to let lose the pursestrings so we can get our hands on the next generation!

Damn Stam!

#375280 - 09/17/07 06:19 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Sol]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I should have expected that Tim. I'm sure you are in a bad mood after getting beaten down by Bucket.
Bucket...for the record it was 250.

#375282 - 09/17/07 06:22 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: NOFISH]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Parker got the last one of the batch Dave.

*ANYTIME* you need some UEC eggs Pat, just holler my way!

You to, Bucket!

Back away from my MAP jacket, Seastrike! I love that jacket. Gotta love anything Grunden's.

Now, if I can just score a MAP hat....

\:D

#375295 - 09/17/07 06:57 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Sol]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
It's always fun reading others success stories with the UEC... Glad you had a good time Addicted...

Keith

#375311 - 09/17/07 08:15 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: ]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: stam

I 'spect that Bucket is waiting to square up our account from AK '07 before he cuts loose with the new generation Grundens/ J&H jacket that he promised me a while back....??

I'll send ya' my old worn out MAP jacket if he comes through seastrike

I ain't worried about the $$$ ya owe me--I know your good fer it. You'd already have that new jacket if I was home--maybe in a couple of weeks. It's startin ta get cold and wet up here.

#375333 - 09/17/07 10:25 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: stlhdr1]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
It's always fun reading others success stories with the UEC... Glad you had a good time Addicted...

Keith

I will say this, I got two bottles of UEC at Solfly....just started curing eggs with it a month ago. So far, I have fished way less than I usually do at the ditch since the beach has been good and now my kids medical issue, but,......I have only been skunked once. The eggs have been awesome, although I think I have to let them be a little juicier, the ones I used today were softer than I usually use, but you cannot deny the results, so I will be copying the juicynest of them eggs. I got half the jar left, I expect to use them sometime this week, hoping for the same result. The first toss in today resulted in that first fish, but my eggs didn't even get to rumble through the hole before being swallowed. Ya just gotta love that kinger head shake.

#375363 - 09/18/07 01:21 AM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Check this meat out.......

Yep, that is raw fresh DITCH kinger meat, right before I cooked it for a yummy dinner tonight. Got a few pepper flakes on it. But, does that look good or what.....That's from the fish I didn't get a shot of earlier today do to not having the camera. There's some chromers mixed in with those dark ones, easiest found WITHOUT a hook and yarn. Jordan, me and Jennifer ate one half tonight, and it was sooooooooo good, and to think, it came from the muddy ol' ditch.

#375366 - 09/18/07 01:28 AM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
Deep red with the mushy texture of watermelon, Mmmmmmm! Just kiddin'. Looks great Addicted hope it tasted as good as it looked. The diharreah milkin' eggs did the trick huh? I gotta try that stuff one of these days.-TBJ

#375389 - 09/18/07 11:39 AM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: TBJ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Originally Posted By: TBJ
Deep red with the mushy texture of watermelon, Mmmmmmm!

Would have been even funnier had you included something about the "sweet aroma of Northern river mud."

PS. At first glance, I thought Addicted was showing us all the parasites he found in those fish! \:D

#375395 - 09/18/07 11:50 AM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: The Moderator]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Originally Posted By: parker
 Originally Posted By: TBJ
Deep red with the mushy texture of watermelon, Mmmmmmm!

Would have been even funnier had you included something about the "sweet aroma of Northern river mud."

PS. At first glance, I thought Addicted was showing us all the parasites he found in those fish! \:D

Yeah, I sprayed it with Febreeze to get the stench off of it. Then I used needle nose pliers to pull out all the worms and parasites. Then I used a paint scraper to scrape all the cow dung off the skin. Then I went to ace hardware and bought red paint to spray the meat to make it look good. That didn't work so I injected the meat with red food coloring....that did the trick.

Must be those fish that root through the mud to find black jigs that you've caught up there Parker if they stink. If you find the fish that stay out of the mud they smell fine...

#375400 - 09/18/07 12:02 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Heh. Good point!

#375460 - 09/18/07 02:24 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

That's a sockeye

Damn Stam!

#375485 - 09/18/07 03:52 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: NOFISH]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Nice lookin meat.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#375507 - 09/18/07 05:30 PM Re: Thanks Stlhr1, via Parker, via Sol.... [Re: Addicted]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
Nice Richard! I've got my first batch of UEC juicin' right now as I speak. They look delicious, I find myself staring at them constantly in the jar.

For 15+ years I've been looking for the best method for curing eggs...I've tried all the Pro Cures, Wizards, Boraxes, etc. Since I rarely use eggs for salmon I have not found a need for the wet, sulfite-cured, milk bomb eggs and I didn't like the way Pro Cure "rubberized" the eggs....made them look and feel fake I thought. Until now I've settled into using the quick, clean, and easy brine recipe that Bob has on this site. The eggs work great for steelhead but I've noticed that other sulfite cures seem to work better for salmon.

So I am excited to try out the UEC eggs. The color and texture makes me almost want to eat them my damnself. Thanks Keith!

Ike

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., darth baiter), 904 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |