Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#391099 - 11/26/07 05:55 AM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: VHawk.]
Mr.Twister Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
" But not the same way the citizens of Darfur sleep. Or the way the misidentified "John Doe Muhammed's" sleep, locked away in secret gulag's without benefit of trial. Or the way the Bill of Rights sleeps now that we have Dubya protecting us. We can all sleep well, after all his intentions are good."

As I've said before, we were wrong to invade Iraq before trying to work with sanctions and diplomacy. At least we could have come into the country and cleaned house (with the full UN support) when he actually had his WMD programs up and running so we didn't look like complete imperialist jackasses.

As far as our being at fault for the mess in Sudan, this is not primarily our problem. the only difference between that country and all the other brutal regimes engaging in warfare in Africa, as we all know, is oil of course. Let Europe settle it.

Some people would like to believe that the Imperialist US is the root of all evil. Lets work on getting this regime out of office and get a moderate in there, I dont care from which party at this point.

Does anyone think we should provide military intervention in Sudan? That's the last thing we need. So far all we have done is supply non-weapons equipment to the side we like and 300 million in humanitarian aid. You know that place has a bunch of oil (which still makes the wheels go round and round)

I agree that prisoners detained by the US should get trials and a chance to prove they are not terrorists.

Since I'm one of those guys that deals with the rights of citizens on a daily basis.. rest assured that unless you are a terrorist and the feds are looking for you, you are safe in this state. Our BAR associaton likes to brag that this state offers everyone protection against guys like me.

Finally, I am very lucky in that I know many people who have served/worked in Iraq. I am also lucky that my work has sent me to a lot of training in this area, to include seminars led by international experts.

Here is a run down on one I went to hosted by CNN (not exactly a right wing news group)

1) The US should get out of Iraq soon and let the Iraqis control it however they need to and quit whining about being too rough. And, start a meaningful dialogue with Arab countries.

2) Part of that is to withdraw direct support from Israel, this is pissing off everyone there, The Israelis can take care of themselves. Although it should be noted that we have been a moderating influence on their harsher policies towards their Arab neighbors.

3) Quit running around the world trying to control everything. Just work on trade and good stuff. Except we might have to wack a few dictators here and there who threaten that.

There, from someone who is definitely less than a genius, and knows there is a lot more to these issues that we will ever be aware of, is something that one doesn't hear very often from either side. A solution.

I think it's great that more Americans think globally. I remember a very drunk Irish woman I talked to once during a domestic. In a brief moment of lucidity, she looked right at me and said "you Americans are so full o' yerselfs."

She was right, I think.

I am an independent.

#391102 - 11/26/07 08:43 AM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: Mr.Twister]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
 Originally Posted By: goinfishin
so we didn't look like complete imperialist jackasses.

Let Europe settle it.

I wonder why Dumbya didn't think of that.

#391148 - 11/26/07 12:37 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: Mr.Twister]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
I still say we should hand Iraq back to Turkey with a big apology for our British Friend's actions back in 1918.

The Turks know how to handle sectarian fundamentalist nutjobs to protect and secure a secular state.

The USA? We elect ours to public office:

#391167 - 11/26/07 01:40 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: Irie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Blue Jay,

Your post should be in the LOL thread where it would be a perfect fit. I understood you were conservative, but I didn't know you were a certified right wing neocon whackjob. Or do you just write like one? If so, good work.

Sg

#391174 - 11/26/07 02:03 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: Mr.Twister]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

GoingFishin,

Quote:
Does anyone think we should provide military intervention in Sudan? That's the last thing we need.

It is a notable inconsistency in the right wing argument that we went into Iraq to remove a brutal dictator, but we do so very little to stop a genocidal regime in Sudan. That is why I pointed it out. There is a strong fact based rebuttal for every excuse given for why we went into Iraq.

Whether we should go into Sudan is immaterial at this point. We don't have the resources to continue with the obligations we already have.

Blue Jay, I'm ready for another fairy tale. Tell me again how Saddam was going to force Islam on America by choking our oil supply. Is there an ogre named Shrek in that one? Leave the lights on when you tell it, it's really really scary.

Originally Posted By: blue_jay
He was planning to take over the middle-east, put a choke hold on the United States and it's Allies by cutting oil supply making them beg for mercy and accept islam because he knew politics and environmentalist in the United States would keep us from refining oil rich sections of the United States such as Anwar and making more oil refineries which we haven't done in 25+ years. If accepting Islam after a huge gasoline crisis wasn't the answer, he had planned on using his neighboring country's nuclear weapons to remove those that don't.

#391207 - 11/26/07 03:08 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
The political view that Blue Jay presents here is IMO, undenyable proof of the power of right-wing talk radio to cloud the sensibilities of an otherwise moderately intelligent, reasonable individual. Assuming of course that the individual is pre-disposed to posessing the 3 core values of modern conservatism, fear, hatred and intolerance... which it would appear that Blue Jay indeed does... in abundance.

Hell... just go down the list of points he's tryin' to make... it reads like a page outta the Limbaugh letter or the official RNC talking points bulletin!

It's weird too? For a guy that does so much laughing out loud?

#391218 - 11/26/07 03:21 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: 4Salt]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
That Koolaid is some good [censored]....LOL????

#391227 - 11/26/07 03:52 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: Satan]
fish4brains Offline

I hear what you're seein' dude. I'm lol'ing on the outside and col'ing (crying out loud) on the inside.

#391271 - 11/26/07 05:39 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: VHawk.]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
 Originally Posted By: VHawk

Come on Blue Jay, give me another bedtime story. Tell me again about how Saddam was going to take over the Middle East, or tell me about the increased freedom I have now that Bush is president. My other favorite bed time story is how we went to war because of violations of UN sanctions. That one puts me right to sleep.

But not the same way the citizens of Darfur sleep. Or the way the misidentified "John Doe Muhammed's" sleep, locked away in secret gulag's without benefit of trial. Or the way the Bill of Rights sleeps now that we have Dubya protecting us. We can all sleep well, after all his intentions are good.

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." Daniel Webster

Its not my fault your side trys to minimize serious violations of International law and squander it away by munipulating the reality of the situation via the Clinton News Network and MSLSD. The media has always been a great source of the ol' smoke and mirrors show. I'm thinking you also would sleep right through Iran using a nuclear weapon on Isreal. Yeah those gas prices at the pump at $6/gal would put you right to sleep. Oh you must row to work right living down near the skok. my bad.

I wonder how many other countrys around the world have used secret prisons that give their prisoners of war the same rights as their citizens....hmmmm lol

ahhhh yesss, getting very beddy sleepy now...naptime....yawnnn!

#391287 - 11/26/07 06:08 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: 4Salt]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: 4Salt
The political view that Blue Jay presents here is IMO, undenyable proof of the power of right-wing talk radio to cloud the sensibilities of an otherwise moderately intelligent, reasonable individual. Assuming of course that the individual is pre-disposed to posessing the 3 core values of modern conservatism, fear, hatred and intolerance... which it would appear that Blue Jay indeed does... in abundance.

Hell... just go down the list of points he's tryin' to make... it reads like a page outta the Limbaugh letter or the official RNC talking points bulletin!

It's weird too? For a guy that does so much laughing out loud?

IF that were the case then 50% of this country must listen to talk radio and let radio develope, shape and mold them into right wing zombie huh? While the other half watch Katie Couric and Keith Olbermann but thats far from reality. Katie Couric will be lucky she ends up on the home shopping network next time. What is it about the left that thinks the right is all about fear, hatred and intolerance. Intolerance to raising taxes, Fear another Clinton might let another 911 happen maybe. But hatred I just don't get.

I can LOL anytime I want to. I take politics with a grain of sand. But I love to argue with the leftards.

Hurt me baby!

#391289 - 11/26/07 06:10 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: ]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
Oh you must row to work right living down near the skok. my bad.

Dude, what is that supposed to mean? Are you, of all people, judging somebody elses fishing practices?...Later

Jake

No just a reference to flooding. I'd fish in my front yard too if I could.

#391291 - 11/26/07 06:13 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: blue_jay]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Let's hear your take on fiscal conservatism and how it relates to the republican party these days. Seriously..

#391294 - 11/26/07 06:20 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: wntrrn]
fish4brains Offline

Boot_jay has been eating mushrooms from his bathroom floor again. LOL

#391297 - 11/26/07 06:30 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: wntrrn]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: wntrrn
Let's hear your take on fiscal conservatism and how it relates to the republican party these days. Seriously..

I didn't say I agree with everything they do.

#391298 - 11/26/07 06:31 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: ]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
Boot_Jay ...Later

Jake

Nothing like a green king for an avatar!

Right back atcha....later! lol

#391311 - 11/26/07 06:48 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: ]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

I like them river perch! They are fun no matter what color they are as long as they take down a shrimp tipped jig under a float.

#391331 - 11/26/07 07:17 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: ]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Because they fight good and there's a place about 2 miles from my house I can catch them with the possibility of also catching a chrome silver or two.

#391343 - 11/26/07 07:51 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: blue_jay]
fish4brains Offline

Safeway?

#391347 - 11/26/07 08:06 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: blue_jay]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way

Its not my fault your side trys to minimize serious violations of International law and squander it away by munipulating the reality of the situation via the Clinton News Network and MSLSD.

MSLSD...I think I took some of that once.

Oh yeah and Boot_Jay is some funny chit

#391362 - 11/26/07 08:40 PM Re: Oly Port protests [Re: wntrrn]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
 Originally Posted By: wntrrn

Yeah no kidding!

How is the GOP fiscally conservative at all? Unless you mean dumping out the treasury into the arms of American War Profiteers?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Alpne Dan, bjcarpetguy, red river, westcoastdayton
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 204 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645379 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |