Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#392717 - 12/01/07 10:21 PM SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med Fund
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Way cool, nearly all entry fees went to Gordy's medical fund rather than back to the party fund as happens most years.

Lots of fun, not many fish caught. 3 steelhead, 1 silver.

Of course, Jen pulls it off (what that was, I'll leave to others).

Team Sky Valley repeats with a single fish.

Team PP, now known as Team No Chrome, tries their best with a midnight place the boat 3/4 of the way down the river and then walk into trick. Paid off as we fished over a pod of new fish for a few hours in the morning, backfired though when the only thing that bit was an old nasty silver that provided some nice eggs for Parker.

Sparkey, on Team No Chrome's boat, continued to be the only person in Tourney history to land a steelhead in every appearance he's made ... congrats, but that old summer boot was a little shy to score the $$$ and return the trophy to Forks.

Seastrike ate a bad burrito and puked allover the Mexican restaurant.

Sol found some mysterious white stuff on his truck's door handle.

No one was set on fire that I know of.

Everyone ate way too much food, and Jerry Garcia makes a mean pot of Cioppino!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Kev for all his hard work in keeping everything straight.

I could go on forever!!

Hope all had a safe drive home in the snow today, I'm sure Monday will see lots of stories, some pix (I have a few), and lots of hurtin' heads \:\)

Thanks all!!!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#392739 - 12/01/07 11:18 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med Fund [Re: Bob]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Sounds like Great fun...for a Great cause...

#392740 - 12/01/07 11:23 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: RognSue]
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale

#392778 - 12/02/07 02:08 AM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: Bustinbig]
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
We stopped by Gordy and Kim's today with Bob, Corey, Ro-Ro, Canyonman and and Jason. We had a great visit and I can tell you Kim and Gordy are very appreciative and touched by everyone's kindness and generosity. I've known Gordy for many years, although he has a tough road ahead of him, he will get back to his old self. Kim is utterly amazing, with her at Gordy's side, he is going to make it. He kept telling us that all he needs is 6 months and we will be on the sticks and floating the rivers where he will get his real rehab. He is already plotting his next hunting trip with Bob.

Gordy and Kim were in the first SRC, before it became the SRC. A couple boats got together with mini-Micro rods and went after steelhead. That was in 2000, the rest is history. I can't wait to see Gordy and Kim on the river again, hopefully in a future SRC.

Thank you to all who participated in this years SRC, I know it's mostly the same crew every year, but there are always a few new faces that join in. I made some new friends that I look forward to fishing with in the future and saw some old faces that I'm proud to call friends.

Gordy will be back in Seattle this week for another surgery, please keep both he and Kim in your thoughts and prayers.

It's comforting to know there are still people out there willing to help out when a friend is in need. On behalf of Kim and Gordy, Thank You!

Kev

#392819 - 12/02/07 11:36 AM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Good luck with your surgery this week Gordy, and Kudos to Kev for coming up with a good plan like this! (I think it was your idea)

#392823 - 12/02/07 11:43 AM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: ]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
Thanks to all for the great day of fun! The potato wars were great! Sorry to have missed the dinner, but my sinus infection caught up with me after I tried to drink a couple of beers that afternoon. It was bed by 6:00 for me! Glad to hear so much money was raised for Gordy. Very, very cool.
Cheers,
Neal

#392835 - 12/02/07 12:09 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: Neal M]
Canyon Man Offline
The Golden Child

Loc: Bothell, WA U.S.A.
Kuddo's to Kev for putting together another great event and seeing first hand where this money is going to was even more impressive. Also kuddo's to Beezer for sending over some $$$ to add to the pot even though he was not able to make it....CLASS ACT! Hope you all have a good recovering Sunday!

CM
Your Insurance Professional

#392863 - 12/02/07 02:23 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: Canyon Man]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Big THANKS to Kev for organizing the SRC this year! Another successful and fun outing was had by all!

Very cool to meet some new faces at the meet-n-greet at the house. That was a fun evening.

Can't say enough about the hospitality of the Ball Family! You 3 ROCK! Just wished I'd taken a photo of Ro-Ro's pouty lip when I had to leave. That was priceless! \:D

While our plan didn't pan out for the SRC, it did the day before. Was glad to get board member Delbert out on the water and on to some fish. This *might* be his first brat.

Doesn't take many brats for me to have had my fill for the winter. I say bring on the 2008 wild fish!

#392866 - 12/02/07 02:30 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: The Moderator]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Damn, you look good there Parker!!

#392878 - 12/02/07 03:10 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I would *better* with one of them new fancy gortex Grunden's J&H jackets.......

#392942 - 12/02/07 07:47 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Nice job you guys sounds like fun with no fatalities.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#393030 - 12/03/07 10:00 AM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: ]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Lake Stevens
I had a great time again with a great bunch of guys. It was nice to help out Gordy as well.

#393061 - 12/03/07 11:53 AM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: CraigO]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Cool stuff.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#393068 - 12/03/07 12:16 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
It was nice to meet everyone and put some faces to the names. Great bunch of people and lots of fun.

#393187 - 12/03/07 06:08 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: Dave D]
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
Wish I could have gotten out there to even hang out... \:\( Oh well, I'll actually take the time off next year, since I won't be so new on the job \:\)

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#393325 - 12/04/07 05:25 AM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: TBird]
lovin_life Offline
Alevin

Loc: Washington
Have to say, I had a great time. Enjoyed the potatoe gun war also. It was nice that Jenn could show off for the trip, never seen anyone dance on the bank like that, very sexy in waders!! YOU GO GIRL!!! Look forward to next year. Awsome cippino Richard!!
Good luck to Gordy and Kim, look forward to meeting them on the river.

Jess

#394284 - 12/07/07 05:34 PM Re: SRC VII Nets over $1400 for Gordon Gracey Med [Re: lovin_life]
DUCMAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: PORT ORCHARD

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |