Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394834 - 12/10/07 02:59 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Chuck E]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: Chuck E
Sol - maybe having someone come in a finish up the work for you might be better. Working full time plus working on the house is hard timewise. Given the length of time properties are on the market these days, you may want to get the process started before all the work is finished. Our market hasn't dropped to the extent of others but it's still a lot slower than it was. 4 - 6 months or more is not unusual now days although waterfront is less affected. The money you pay to somebody to do it may be made up by savings on holding costs prior to marketing.

Funny you should suggest that. I had Bucket come over to give me an "estimate," and he gave me an enema, instead. $13,000 to do $7,000 worth of work. I'm genetically incapable of being stupid, so I told him to piss off. I heard tale of my boss telling someone I can do the work of two men in half the time and I suspect he's right. I'm my own victim in that respect.

#394840 - 12/10/07 03:09 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Sol]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
$6,000 diference which is $3,000. each side. Waiting may cost you more than that in carrying costs during the time on the house in the market.
That's not counting wear and tear on the nerves, an example of which is the reason for your original post.
Just a thought.........

#394843 - 12/10/07 03:15 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Chuck E]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

I'm almost done at this point. I've got two bathrooms to tile and install vanitys/granite in and I'll be finished, probably by the middle of Jan. I doubt I could get a reputable contractor with a backlog in and out of there faster than that anyways.

#394850 - 12/10/07 03:22 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Sol]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Originally Posted By: Sol
 Originally Posted By: Chuck E
Sol - maybe having someone come in a finish up the work for you might be better. Working full time plus working on the house is hard timewise. Given the length of time properties are on the market these days, you may want to get the process started before all the work is finished. Our market hasn't dropped to the extent of others but it's still a lot slower than it was. 4 - 6 months or more is not unusual now days although waterfront is less affected. The money you pay to somebody to do it may be made up by savings on holding costs prior to marketing.

Funny you should suggest that. I had Bucket come over to give me an "estimate," and he gave me an enema, instead. $13,000 to do $7,000 worth of work. I'm genetically incapable of being stupid, so I told him to piss off. I heard tale of my boss telling someone I can do the work of two men in half the time and I suspect he's right. I'm my own victim in that respect.

And who gave you the $7,000.00 estimate? If I remember correctly the $7,000 was YOUR estimate. How long have you been in business? What experiance do you have running a business? Do you have a clue as to what it costs to employ someone (above and beyond their pay rate)? Do you have a clue what commercial insurance costs? Do you have a clue what health insurance costs these days?

Get another estimate from a reputable contractor, then slam me on the internet! Hey why dont ya call that contractor that just got busted for fraud, he'll probable be needin the work!

#394851 - 12/10/07 03:25 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Stuck a nerve?

#394854 - 12/10/07 03:34 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Sol]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Nice. Bucket's 1,000 post was a slam-o-la on Sol! Good use of post # 1,000

\:D

PS. No one is gonna care if Sol's post # 6,348 is a counter slam-o-la against Parker, so don't even bother!

\:D

PPS. Dude, you got hosed. Your situation is so FUBAR that even *I* can't come up with any sound advice for you. A dog. Jebus H. Christo!

#394900 - 12/10/07 06:28 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: ]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Originally Posted By: AuntyM

Sol's soon to be ex might be cool, but she isn't the brightest lantern in the barn apparently.

DUH!

#394912 - 12/10/07 06:48 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

I wish she would have waited to buy a damn dog until after our court date and after the house was sold so I didn't have to deal with any of this shi%, which is precicely why I told her I didn't want a dog in the first place. If I'm correct, and I usually am, she'll wait until she get her own place and the dog starts distroying shi% that she cares about, or taking care of it will get in the way of her next passion and she'll get rid of it a year or so from now.

What really bugs me is what kind of message the kids are deriving with this pet rotation program BS: many cats, gerbals, hamsters, a parriot and now a dog, not to mention a failed marriage. It would seem to me at a time in a kids life where self-esteem is being developed, that involving them in one failure after another would be detrimental. It breaks my heart to witness.

P.S. Court date is set for February 12th. House goes on the market February 1st. We'll probably end up sitting on it for 6 months to a year the way the market is right now. Wish for the best, I could use some good karma.

Edited by Sol (12/10/07 06:51 PM)

#394926 - 12/10/07 08:11 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Sol]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
Thats the pits to finally get your house finished and not be able to enjoy it.

#394927 - 12/10/07 08:26 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: chasbo]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Dude, you have no idea. In 1992 I started building what most would consider to be the house of a lifetime. It was a timber framed Alaskan Challet with 35 foot cathedral ceiling, all exposed timbers and car decking. It took me a year to build a 3.5' x 9' x 35' russian fireplace up through the middle of it that weighed in excess of 100-tons. The stair treads and bar top were solid 4-inch thick maple plank I cut and milled myself. The list goes on. I built it with cash. It was payed for. Then I met her and got married. For years all I heard was how much she hated living there, so I figured what the hell, I'm not about where I live, I'm about being outdoors and enjoying life, so we sold the place to buy waterfront, which was "her" dream. Now, after two years of remodeling we're through as a couple, and my half of the equity is barely enough to buy a $170,000 doublewide on a lot somewhere to live out the rest of my days.

Life sucks monster dog coc%, sometimes, bro.

Edited by Sol (12/10/07 08:30 PM)

#394940 - 12/10/07 08:59 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Sol]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
That sucks.

#394967 - 12/10/07 09:59 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: fish4brains]
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
someday you will look back at all this and say, wtf was i stressing about. enjoy your kids while you still can. someday they won't have time for you.too busy with there friends and all the other shiat.

#394983 - 12/10/07 10:31 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Sol]
fuzzygrub Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: the pacific northwet
I built it with cash. It was payed for. Then I met her and got married. so we sold the place to buy waterfront, which was "her" dream. Now, after two years of remodeling we're through as a couple, and my half of the equity is barely enough to buy a $170,000 doublewide on a lot somewhere

I'm genetically incapable of being stupid, so I told him to piss off. I heard tale of my boss telling someone I can do the work of two men in half the time and I suspect he's right.

LMAO
I think my DOG is smarter then that \:\)

#395090 - 12/11/07 01:08 AM Re: I must VENT [Re: ]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Anyone think Sol will be spending much time in a doublewide home or female for that matter. Some people just arn't built to settle for less than what they want. Dude will do whatever it takes to come out better in the end. Unless he is like my old man and refuses to bite his tung or admit that he could be wrong. My Moms lawyer just loves that about him to the tune of almost 6 figures now and counting. Don't underestamate the value of getting it done ASAP. The lawyers don't mind loosing the fights if it makes for a longer war. Keep cool and get back to your way of life bud.

#395182 - 12/11/07 01:27 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Oh, and BTW Parker. You have freakin CATS as pets. CATS!

Cat, Aunty. A cat.

He's way cool. He's way friendly, not skittish, loves the kids, is tolerant, and is well behaved.

He comes and goes as he pleases. He uses the magnetic cat door. He doesn't chew on my house, nor does he pee/crap in my house.

I make sure he's got some dry food in his bowl and some water.

He sleeps on the covers, between my feet every night.

He'd even like you. ;\)

I'm failing to see the issue or problem with owning this cat.

I've owned *other* cats that are probably what you hate about cats. Seems that about 1 in a 100 are good cats. The rest are just flakes.

Between my parents and myself, there are 3 cats that fall in the "very cool range". The other half-million have been just cats.

#395187 - 12/11/07 01:33 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: The Moderator]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
The only time it's "weird" for a guy to own a cat is if he's single.

Then it's like having potpourri on your coffee table next to a copy of 'Redbook.'

If he's married with kids then it's just part of the territory, like a bathroom cabinet filled with tampons and hair junk.

#395197 - 12/11/07 01:45 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: Irie]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

In my defense, I didn't own a cat until I got married. It was the wife's doing.

#395207 - 12/11/07 02:09 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: ]
GreenRiver Offline
Spawner

Cats teach kids to read Redbook and have potpourri around the house I guess.

I hate cats. Cats can make a kid turn gay according to the above. Just another reason to hate cats.

Edited by GreenRiver (12/11/07 02:10 PM)

Most people suck at internet........

#395208 - 12/11/07 02:11 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: GreenRiver]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

I have a daughter, so I'm not too concerned.

#395222 - 12/11/07 02:25 PM Re: I must VENT [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stam
[ When you live on a farm you have to have a cat. It's just the way it is.

Yeah sure, bring up the "Barn Cat Exemption."

I think we were talking about some fruit keeping Mr. Bigglesworth on a satin pillow next to his autographed picture of Celine Dion, not some semi-feral fleabag.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |