Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#395043 - 12/10/07 11:45 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Appears to me that adding up all the previous IQ's together wouldn't result in a two digit number. This whole thread is an embarassment.

MODS!!

#395050 - 12/10/07 11:56 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ParaLeaks]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Vince,
I think you are right on the fact about conservatives dealing with depression differently. I have heard many times that depresson is just sin and if you are right with God you will just be happy. It makes me sick. I actually knew a guy that went of the deep end and killed his wife. One pastor I knew told me it was because he had started on anti-depression meds then stopped. My guess is that it had more to do with the fact he actually stopped. Ideas like that are what makes christianity and Christians look bad to the rest of the world. Even if a person were to feel that way, it would be much more biblical to keep their mouth shut then offend everyone.

#395055 - 12/11/07 12:10 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Krijack]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I can't even tell who is serious and who isn't anymore... but in a good way.

#395058 - 12/11/07 12:11 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
http://www.keepersofthecage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984

HEY VINCE HERE WE GO YOU GAME There always looking

#395062 - 12/11/07 12:15 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: VHawk.]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
 Originally Posted By: VHawk

I'd post the link to the report that cites political affiliation as having a possible causal effect, but the recent report that started this thread has absolutely polluted the google searches.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_KKNsIKhGoGk/RjXt...Rates+%2704.jpg

Suicide rates in red states took up 9 of the top 10 spots in per capita suicides in 2004. Leading the way, Alaska, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, and West Virginia.

Lowest rates of suicide per capita? D.C, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.

wow looks like most the ones you listed are democratic
http://www.geocities.com/dtmcbride/politics/2000-results.html

#395066 - 12/11/07 12:22 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
fuzzygrub Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: the pacific northwet
 Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
http://www.keepersofthecage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984

HEY VINCE HERE WE GO YOU GAME

LMAO again

#395073 - 12/11/07 12:27 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
LOL... this can't be real.

#395077 - 12/11/07 12:41 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
Lots of great stuff here. Let's see...

Originally Posted By: stam
[quote=blue_jay]Yes lowering those taxes and living with morales causes people to kill themselves.

Hahahaha,Boot_Gay LOL!!!!

your right stam Lets take a good look at were you live..... you liberal boys are totally amazing... YOUR IN A DEMACRATIC CONTROLED STATE, So Why DID YOUR TAXS GO UP..... it should hurt it really should.

Believe me dude,everything you wrote hurts. My side hurts from lauging my ass off.

Oh and if libs are so fricken smart. Why are they killing them selves????????????????????? Seams to me there a bunch of pussies.

Hahahahahaha [censored] you......

#395081 - 12/11/07 12:51 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

What the flock are you saying? I'm sure your parents are proud of you for trying to use your words; now try and use them like big people. People with learning disabilities are hitting their heads in frustration trying to understand your gibberish. The rest of us are directing the short bus to your house.

#395084 - 12/11/07 01:00 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

I'd post the link to the report that cites political affiliation as having a possible causal effect, but the recent report that started this thread has absolutely polluted the google searches.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_KKNsIKhGoGk/RjXt...Rates+%2704.jpg

Suicide rates in red states took up 9 of the top 10 spots in per capita suicides in 2004. Leading the way, Alaska, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, and West Virginia.

Lowest rates of suicide per capita? D.C, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.

wow looks like most the ones you listed are democratic
http://www.geocities.com/dtmcbride/politics/2000-results.html

Do you even read your own BS?

Republican States
State ECV % votes Difference
Bush-Gore
2000 2004 Gore Bush Nader
WY 3 3 28.3 69.2 2.1 40.9
ID 4 4 27.6 67.2 2.5 39.5
AK 3 3 27.7 58.6 10.1 31
MT 3 3 33.4 58.4 5.9 25.1
CO 8 9 42.4 50.8 5.3 8.4 †
WV 5 5 45.6 51.9 1.6 6.3 †
NV 4 5 45.9 49.5 2.5 3.5

According to your link I mistook New Mexico for a red state. However it was actually almost a dead tie.

NM 5 5 47.9 47.9 3.6 -0.06

Oh baby Jesus help you. You are completely clueless. And your a therapist? No freaking wonder the ER crisis center keeps so busy. Probably all your freaking former clients.

#395087 - 12/11/07 01:03 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: VHawk.]
fuzzygrub Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: the pacific northwet

What the flock are you saying?

BEST BE QUIZET VINCE DUDE
or i'll come kick your ass
you too kaiser
not funny at all avid
you guys best be looking out
i'll get ya
i'll get ya all

lmao

#395088 - 12/11/07 01:06 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: blue water pro
The other day I was driving to the auto parts store to pick up something I ordered when I happened upon a teenager in the road . He was screaming, falling to his knees & crying. I saw his car below on fire & figured he had passengers that is why he was so distraught. After calling 911, I explained to him it was an accident, that is why they call them accidents...... whatever. I was trying to calm him down, thinking he had passengers, as other drivers showed up wanting to pull the people in the car out. There were no people in the car - he told me he tried to commit suicide. He cried in my arms until the ambulance arrived, just a youngster - I can't figure out why - why someone with their whole life ahead would do that. I threw up afterwards. Suicide is not a joking matter - not at all. I don't see anything political about it but whatever.

It is political. It's also a social and cultural thing. All of it being tied together. Therapists that tell others that suicide, or having suicidal thoughts are the cowards way out, all they do is further isolate people in need. Truth is, the most courageous actions I've ever seen anyone take, is admitting in public they had struggles with depression and suicide. And more importantly, that they sought professional help. Or should I say, they sought help from competent professionals.

People who are ready to kill themselves can be frighteningly quiet and passive. The cold and darkness that has engulfed them will sometimes spill over and touch those who linger within an intimate distance. They live in a place without heat, and where they feel no person can quit reach out and touch them. Hell is not fire, it is not screaming and wailing of millions of souls. Hell is a quiet, black void, where no soft warm hands will ever reach out for yours. Now wake up after 3 hours of sleep feeling that way every single morning for 6 months. That is what suicidal depression feels like. It has nothing to do with being brave or being a coward.

And people like Aix who talk out of both sides of their narrow little mouths offend me with their ignorant attitudes. The sum of their ignorance makes it harder for people to get real help. Andrea Yates killed her kids because she was married to someone just like Aix. Yea it makes me mad.

I don't know how Aix has time to be a part time therapist, part time taxidermist, and full time dipchit. That's a full load to carry in the back of those britches.

#395105 - 12/11/07 02:50 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
Pisco Sicko Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Twisp WA
Male veterans have a suicide rate double the civilian population.
http://www.pdx.edu/news/14708/

Current young vets (ages 20-24), returning from the Middle East, have nearly twice again the suicide rate of previous vets.
 Quote:
Dr. Steve Rathbun is the acting head of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department at the University of Georgia. CBS News asked him to run a detailed analysis of the raw numbers that we obtained from state authorities for 2004 and 2005.

It found that veterans were more than twice as likely to commit suicide in 2005 than non-vets. (Veterans committed suicide at the rate of between 18.7 to 20.8 per 100,000, compared to other Americans, who did so at the rate of 8.9 per 100,000.)

One age group stood out. Veterans aged 20 through 24, those who have served during the war on terror. They had the highest suicide rate among all veterans, estimated between two and four times higher than civilians the same age. (The suicide rate for non-veterans is 8.3 per 100,000, while the rate for veterans was found to be between 22.9 and 31.9 per 100,000.)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/13/cbsnews_investigates/main3496471.shtml

We're going to be living with the fallout from this war for a long, long time.

#395152 - 12/11/07 11:43 AM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
Sheesh guys! I know you guys lost the last pres. election, but c'mon now, lets let by-gones be by-gones. Don't worry your superstars are just around the corner that wil come to save you from all this oppression like a knight in shining armor! People are just a little bitter around here because their elected congress still has no control and as you can see it clearly stabs at the bleeding hearts.

I'd also like to point out the tax thang in this state is laughable. Even though dems have raised taxes all to high hell in a hand basket they still can't figure out what to do with it except stamp cement leaves on the side of freeway ramps and overpasses and talk about a train.

Remember suicide is not the answer!

Dems = glass half empty
cons= glass half full.

#395159 - 12/11/07 12:06 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: blue_jay]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: blue_jay
except stamp cement leaves on the side of freeway ramps and overpasses and talk about a train.

Dems = glass half empty
cons= glass half full.

LOL

Edited by Sol Duc (12/11/07 12:07 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#395167 - 12/11/07 12:32 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: blue_jay]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds

Dems = head halfway up their butt and beginning to see some light
cons= head halfway out of their butt but trying hard to get all the way in there

Fixed it for ya'. ;\)

#395181 - 12/11/07 01:16 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: fuzzygrub]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Aix, you asked for it you got it!

DIVORCE RATES AMONG CHURCH GOING COUPLES:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ifm_divo.htm

"The effect of religion itself on marriage stability:

The slogan "The family that prays together, stays together" is often seen on billboards and magazine advertisements. But this may not be accurate:

There has been much anecdotal evidence that has led to "unsubstantiated claims that the divorce rate for Christians who attended church regularly, pray together or who meet other conditions is only 1 or 2 percent". 2
A recent study by the Barna Research Group throws extreme doubt on these estimates. Barna released the results of their poll about divorce on 1999-DEC-21. 4 It was based on interviews of 3,854 adults from the 48 contiguous states. The sampling error is within 2 percentage points. The survey found:
Divorce rates among born-again Christians were much higher at 27 percent than for other Christian faith groups.
Atheists and Agnostics have the lowest divorce rate of all: 21 percent.
Divorce rates among Jews were highest of any religion sampled. In order of decreasing divorce rates were: born-again Christians, other Christians, and Atheists/Agnostics. More information.
Dr. Tom Ellis, chairman of the Southern Baptist Convention's Council on the Family said that for truly "...born-again Christian couples who marry...in the church after having received premarital counseling...and attend church regularly and pray daily together..." experience only 1 divorce out of nearly 39,000 marriages -- or 0.00256 percent. He doubts the accuracy of the Barna poll, noting that "Just saying you are Christian is not going to guarantee that your marriage is going to stay together." One must make a full commitment to God. "

TEEN PREGNANCY RATES US TOP 20--Welcome to the Bible Belt:

http://www.stopthereligiousright.org/biblebelt.htm

TOP 20

1....TX......106
2.....NM......104
3.....DEL.....102
4.....AK...100
5.....ARK.....87
6.....GA.......85
7.....ALA.....84
8.....NC.....84
9.....OR.....84
10....TN....82
11....KS...79
12....NY.....78
13....KY.....77
14....CO....73
15....SC.....72
16....LA.....69
17.....ME.....69
18.....MISS.....68
19.....WVA.....68
20....OHIO....67

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AMONG CHRISTIANS:

The is literally mountains of books and papers on this one. Most written by churches and clergy on how to best address what seems to be Christian Americas' biggest embarrassment. But what I found deep down in the dogmatic bowels of Christian Fundamentalism I think says it all about hard-core christianity and beating one's wife:

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/Home.html

#395217 - 12/11/07 02:21 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

It was kind of like a monkey trap. Put something irresistible in a hole with nails facing inward so when the dimwitted little knuckle-dragger reaches in and grabs it he cant get his hand back out and doesn't have the brains to simply let go...So you set them up and they keep themselves stuck in the trap (of their ignorance) while you club them over the head, in this case with logic and facts.

I was president of my Debate Club back in high school. Unless Im drunk, I don't post crap I cant back up with evidence to support.

#395229 - 12/11/07 02:31 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Irie]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
 Originally Posted By: Irie
It was kind of like a monkey trap. Put something irresistible in a hole with nails facing inward so when the dimwitted little knuckle-dragger reaches in and grabs it he cant get his hand back out and doesn't have the brains to simply let go...So you set them up and they keep themselves stuck in the trap (of their ignorance) while you club them over the head, in this case with logic and facts.

I was president of my Debate Club back in high school. Unless Im drunk, I don't post crap I cant back up with evidence to support.

Sorry if that's all your high school debate club has to champion then bwahahahahahaha

#395231 - 12/11/07 02:34 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: blue_jay]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Irie

Sorry if that's all your high school debate club has to champion then bwahahahahahaha

Still bitter about exposing yourself as the ignorant knuckle-dragger you are?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |