Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398264 - 12/20/07 02:39 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Todd]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

The ironic part is it's usually the dems pushing the farm subsidies. That's why the midwest usually votes dem. The easterners in our state aren't too bright as a voting block.

#398267 - 12/20/07 02:45 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: stlhead]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
 Originally Posted By: stlhead
The ironic part is it's usually the dems pushing the farm subsidies. That's why the midwest usually votes dem. The easterners in our state aren't too bright as a voting block.

Yup I agree! Darn those dem farmers!

#398268 - 12/20/07 02:46 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: stlhead]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
stlhead, that was my point...the redneck farmers in E. WA get water, courtesy of the Democrats...they get dams that make it possible to live in the friggin' desert, courtesy of the Democrats...they get all the benefts of the New Deal, which built all the roads and infrastructure that they use for their business and life...they get farm subsidies that make their losing businesses able to operate...and now they may get more water, more electricity, and more fish (which allows them to kill more in their business), courtesy of the Democrats...

What will their very predictable response be? Same as the RWWJ's here...pissing and moaning about it.

Why? I don't know...the only answer that makes sense is because they are either so ignorant of where they get all their handouts, or don't recognize all the handouts they get.

They don't pay chit for taxes, yet they get all that stuff from the Government...and who pays the taxes that gives them all the free stuff?

That's right...Seattle area liberals.

I think there's another answer that makes sense...they're just kinda dumb.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#398273 - 12/20/07 02:53 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Todd]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

I bet that guy in E. WA that owns all that wheat he sells to various brewing company's is REALLY stupid making millions of dollars every year. I also bet all those people in King, Pierce and Sno counties think all that hydro-electric power they use is flat dumb too! Hate to see coal fired plants cropping up here and there, or more nuke plants.

#398277 - 12/20/07 03:00 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: blue_jay]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

But those aren't the people we're talking about BJ...we're talking about the ones who are dumbasses, the died in the wool RWWJ's, guys who think just like you, guys who are getting all the benefits of the Democratic programs, yet whine incessantly about the cost of it, when they aren't even the ones paying for it...

We're the ones paying for it, and they're the ones getting it...and they still have enough idiotic partisan jackass gall to complain about it.

Those are the ones we're talking about.

Fish on...

Todd

#398287 - 12/20/07 03:42 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Timber]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
 Originally Posted By: Timber
So heres an idea....LATER
JAKE

You should quit posting while doing your Keegles it's making you cranky

#398317 - 12/20/07 04:50 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Todd]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Todd
But those aren't the people we're talking about BJ...we're talking about the ones who are dumbasses, the died in the wool RWWJ's, guys who think just like you, guys who are getting all the benefits of the Democratic programs, yet whine incessantly about the cost of it, when they aren't even the ones paying for it...

We're the ones paying for it, and they're the ones getting it...and they still have enough idiotic partisan jackass gall to complain about it.

Those are the ones we're talking about.

Fish on...

Todd

Kind of like all those Boeing Employees that vote dem because they are union not realizing nearly 80% of their income comes from Military. In a way they are shooting themselves in the foot. Vote for a dems, war come to an end, base closures happen, units decomission, need for military equipment goes down, layoff's happen...then who's bitching now?!? LOL. It's weird because one would think with all those commercial contracts coming in they'd get most of their income there, but that's not the case. An F22 cost a Billion a copy and you can build a lot of 737's for the same price.

Those idiot farmers don't have to grow the green beans, peas, carrots, apples, etc, etc you eat every day either. They could go the enviromentally easy route/politically correct highway and grow corn for fuel and get that subsidized too. Then what? Eat corn all the time? You could start a tostada factory Todd. What do you want them to do? Who need's wheat anyway when you can use pita made from corn maze to make your lunch samiches. Ah hell lets just let the farms dry up and become dry wasteland where steelhead can spawn in peace under a shadey tumbleweed.

Let's raise some more taxes so we can pay for tunnels and trains everyone wants to ride in to save a polar bear.

#398328 - 12/20/07 05:12 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: blue_jay]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Kind of like all those Boeing Employees that vote dem because they are union not realizing nearly 80% of their income comes from Military. In a way they are shooting themselves in the foot. Vote for a dems, war come to an end, base closures happen, units decomission, need for military equipment goes down, layoff's happen...then who's bitching now?!? LOL. It's weird because one would think with all those commercial contracts coming in they'd get most of their income there, but that's not the case. An F22 cost a Billion a copy and you can build a lot of 737's for the same price.

First a F22 starts at 361 million, and a bulk discount is given when buying in quantity. A 737 goes for 49.5 to 85 million. A 777 goes for 187-253 million depending on the options. This is based from Wilkipedia and those numbers are correct.

Boeing Employees are not voting dem because they are union. The union has nothing to do with an individuals voting pattern.

Basically BJ your entire post is BS

Edited by Dave D (12/20/07 05:21 PM)

#398330 - 12/20/07 05:13 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: blue_jay]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"Boeing Employees that vote dem because they are union not realizing nearly 80% of their income comes from Military."

A helpful hint to ya...look it up before you spew forth drivel.
http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/fin...ing_06AR_17.pdf

Not to mention Dems have always been pro-union and Reps anti.

"Vote for a dems, war come to an end, base closures happen, "

Wrong again. 2005 the pentagon proposed closing 33 bases. Remember which party was in charge?

We've already discussed your parties push for Corn Ethanol while soy beans make the most sense.

Wow, that entire post was void of a single fact. You are one of the idiots Todd was mentioning.

#398338 - 12/20/07 05:27 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: stlhead]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
 Quote:
"Vote for a dems, war come to an end, base closures happen..."

bj - If you had to make a choice between a base closing and 4000 U.S. soldiers dying needlessly... which would you choose?

#398373 - 12/20/07 06:59 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: 4Salt]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
 Originally Posted By: 4Salt
 Quote:
"Vote for a dems, war come to an end, base closures happen..."

bj - If you had to make a choice between a base closing and 4000 U.S. soldiers dying needlessly... which would you choose?

\:D Do you really need to ask that moron?

#398375 - 12/20/07 07:02 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Irie]
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Rory and the King are gone

BJ is our only form of entertainment left, please feed the monkey.

#398383 - 12/20/07 07:13 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Dave D]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I was just wondering if he would actually give us his honest opinion... instead of Ann Coulter's.

#398399 - 12/20/07 07:54 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: 4Salt]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I bet Ann Coulter reeks like chum too.

#398400 - 12/20/07 07:57 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Thrasher Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bellingham
she's the one that puts the smell in the fish she swims with.

#398415 - 12/20/07 09:08 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Thrasher]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Aunty,

I'd love to say that I made a very rare spelling error...but I didn't. I'm not sure what I was getting at, but I put "died" in there on purpose...actually, I did it on accident, but left it on purpose because it struck me as funny...weird, but funny.

Thanks for noticing, even if neither of us is sure exactly what it was you noticed.

BJ, awesome lack of logic or facts in your last few posts...if you weren't already a Republican, I'd recommend it for you...they need some more good foot soldiers like you...or is that "foot in mouth" soldiers.

Feeding the troll is like paying your cable bill...it's all about the entertainment value. Since I don't have cable, this is it for me...hence the constant paying of said troll.

Too fun...but too easy.

Oh, while we're at it...ah, screw it, I'll make another post.

Fish on...

Todd

#398416 - 12/20/07 09:09 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Here's the "other post"...more about the liberal plot to give water to rednecks and fish:

From this month's NWFishLetter

http://www.newsdata.com/fishletter/240/6story.html

[6] Washington Pens New Water Agreement With Tribes

Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire announced this week that two Upper Columbia tribes have agreed to release water from Lake Roosevelt to help farmers who have had to rely on the Odessa aquifer for their pumping needs to irrigate 10,000 acres of cropland.

"Today's historic agreement ensures a water supply that sustains farming, supports growing communities and enhances our precious salmon resource," said Gov. Gregoire. "I appreciate and applaud the leadership of farmers, environmental groups, county commissioners, legislators, federal officials and tribal governments in creating a lasting water-supply partnership."

The legislature must approve the agreement that calls for annual payments to the Spokane Tribe of $2.25 million, and $3.8 million to the Colvilles next year and $3.6 million annually after that. Part of the money will go to offset any impacts from the extra foot or so of expected drawdown.

"The Colville Tribes is very gratified that the governor has worked with us as a co-equal sovereign to come to an agreement that protects our important interests in the Columbia River and Lake Roosevelt," said tribal chair Richard Marchand.

"Grand Coulee Dam inundates our boundary rivers and uplands within the Spokane Indian Reservation," said Spokane Tribal Chairman Richard Sherwood. "Our conceptual agreement will provide major benefits downstream while helping the tribe to address some of the impacts from storage and use of that water on our lands."

The agreement will also supplement irrigation needs of some junior water rights holders in drought years by 33,000 acre-feet, and supply more water for municipalities and industry needs.

It will also make 27,500 acre-feet available for salmon flows every year and an extra 17,000 acre-feet to help fish in critical drought years.

The agreement also calls for the legislature to provide $2 million to local governments around Lake Roosevelt to address priority water issues. -B. R.

#398434 - 12/20/07 10:23 PM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: Todd]
sodfarmer Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: sleeping in my duck blind
The farmers are not getting that water for free on 10,000 acre feet that is roughly going to cost those farmers 1,000,000.00 dollars Every farmer on the east side has to buy their water rights then tack on pumping and equipment you are looking at 500.00 to 700.00 a acre. What you need to look at is do you want produce from some country that still gets to use chemicals that have been outlawed here for 30 or 40 years or do you want to eat safe produce

#398464 - 12/21/07 12:35 AM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

sod,

It's not just about what water costs, but also about what water is available...the more water that is available, the less it costs, the more that can be grown with it...and the less we have to rely on pesticide/herbicide/gentic mutant laced fruit and vegetables from Vietnam.

Fish on...

Todd

#398481 - 12/21/07 03:12 AM Re: Why not tax all none indians [Re: blue_jay]
Pisco Sicko Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Twisp WA
 Quote:
I bet that guy in E. WA that owns all that wheat he sells to various brewing company's is REALLY stupid making millions of dollars every year.

It does help to know, or look up your facts, if you want to effectively argue.

First, the vast majority of Washington's wheat is DRYLAND farmed. That means there is no irrigation involved- so citing wheat growers as some kind of big beneficiaries of irrigation projects is not too smart.

Second, the vast majority of WA wheat is exported, for the production of baked goods and Asian noodles. Maybe you drink the majority of your wheat products, but that's not true for most of the world.

Last, the idea that wheat farmers, or any farmers, always make millions (in net), is insane. I live on the edge of wheat country, and depending on what radio station I listen to, I'll hear the morning grain report (prices @PDX) I also hear how cyclical prices are. ATTM, prices are pretty good- the dollar is relatively weak, and since wheat farmers are export dependent, this helps them. Production of other grain growing regions also effects prices, as does weather conditions (which also effect production). The net result, as I recall, is that wheat farmers might make money in 3 out of 5 years- the other 2 they lose money.

Oh, BTW, grain farmers are also helped by "liberal" subsidy programs that help them export excess production. Growers in other countries tend to refer to that practice as "dumping". It's always amazing how many fiscal "conservatives" also support those kinds of programs, even though they are far from being freemarket solutions.

http://www.bluefish.org/wheatfax.htm

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Tug 3, stonefish), 460 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645386 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |