THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#431173 - 04/28/08 01:42 AM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... *** [Re: big o]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
TBJ and Salmon Buster...the Sickle Siwash 3/0's are about the same size as the Gami or Owner siwash 5/0's...no foolin'. Mebbe FishNPhysician will chime in on this, since he's got a bunch of 'em, but if you're used to running 4/0 or 5/0 siwash hooks on your spoons or plugs, then the 3/0 sickles we have will do nicely...shoot me a PM with your particulars and I'll send you out a few to look at...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#431366 - 04/28/08 08:11 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: Todd]
geljockey Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Todd,

This may be a stupid question, but I noticed in the pics of the bead head jigs that the bead was in the hook bend while those of the lead head jigs had the weight at the hook eye. I'm not sure I get it, so can you tell me if it comes that way so you can position the bead where you want to? If not, can you please educate me?

Thanks.

#431372 - 04/28/08 08:19 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: geljockey]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The beads in those pics are just sitting on the hook bend...

They come with a small pin, like a small brad nail, that goes through the bead, and the it is placed along the hook shank when you are setting up your vice to tie your jig and tied onto the jig hook...the bead is actually forward of the hook eye.

I don't have any pics handy of how they look when they are done up in that manner...maybe someone else will have one around and can post it up.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. As I noted in a different thread, all three sizes of our poured leadheads are now available on the website...1/16 ounce, 1/8 ounce, and 1/4 ounce...in both 10 packs and 50 packs...and they are going fast already!

#431444 - 04/29/08 12:19 AM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: Todd]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Got the order Todd, I love those spoons, spinner as well.
Any tricks to putting the spinners together?
I am taking them up to Yakutat Thursday and hope to have a fish picture before most have finished lunch!
Will make a bigger order for Silver season for the clients!
Thanks.

#431450 - 04/29/08 12:49 AM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: GBL]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
geljockey,
Here is a pic of of a bead / jig hook combo.
I hope this helps.
Brian

Attachments
Upload 085.jpg

Edited by stonefish (04/29/08 12:53 AM)

#431461 - 04/29/08 03:10 AM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: stonefish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Perfect, stonefish...thanks.

GBL, not really any trick to it, unless you haven't done it before, in which case it's still not all that tricky...I'll try to explain it without pics for now, and see if I can't whip up a little photo tutorial of how to do it before you leave...

Take the spinner shaft, and hold it with the bend end down...put the split ring in the bend, and put the spinner body on the shaft, tucking the "hook" of the shaft up into the body.

Next, slip on the bearing, which is the small black bead that came with the setup.

After that, put the blade on the clevis, and slip the clevis/blade combo onto the shaft.

Now you're done except for twisting up the top of the spinner...for this I use a pair of needlenose pliers.

Grab the spinner shaft with the needlenose about half an inch or so above the spinner blade, and bend the shaft down and around the needle nose forming a loop.

Put the swivel inside the loop, and using your right hand grab the loop with the needlenose. Grab the tag end of the loop with your left fingers and tightly give it two and a half wraps around the spinner shaft. Use wire cutters to cut off the tag end as close to the shaft as possible.

Put on the hook, and you're done.

Look at the pics at the beginning of the thread to see what a "done" one looks like, and these instructions will hopefully make sense...but I'll also try and get up a few photos of me making some tomorrow.

Fish on...

Todd

#431471 - 04/29/08 09:38 AM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: Todd]
geljockey Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Thanks Todd and stonefish. And as Todd said, perfect.

Bruce

#431481 - 04/29/08 11:19 AM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: geljockey]
SalmonBuster Offline
Smolt

Loc: Oroville, California
Todd, If you want to send me a few of your 3/0 siwash hook's for me to look at just send me a PM and I will give you my address. I have a couple of plug's that those hook's will go great with. Thank's, Dale (SalmonBuster)

#431573 - 04/29/08 07:31 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: GBL]
meanpressure Offline
Smolt

Loc: florida
 Originally Posted By: GBL
Got the order Todd, I love those spoons, spinner as well.
Any tricks to putting the spinners together?
I am taking them up to Yakutat Thursday and hope to have a fish picture before most have finished lunch!
Will make a bigger order for Silver season for the clients!
Thanks.

GBL

I used the Copper ones in yakutat last week. In the early morning they work well.

#431615 - 04/29/08 11:54 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: meanpressure]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
meanpressure--
Thanks, I have those as well and will throw some of them in the morning like you said!

Todd--Thanks as well, I have the spoons allset up and will try to finish the Spinner before i leave.

I will be doing a bunch of walking as our general manager has rented all 12 of our drift boats so it looks like the owners will have to walk! Price of doing business I guess. I like walking anyways, I am sure I will have no problem finding a willing participant. 14 miles of river, I can walk a bunch!

#431803 - 04/30/08 07:39 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: GBL]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
This may have been covered already but I was wondering how the sizes for the spinners compare to the vibrax sizes.

I have been wanting to try the rvrwrggler out but I like the size 5's and 6 vibrax.

The website only shows a silver finish in a 5, can you also get the other colors?

Again, if this has been covered already just tell me to quit being lazy and read the ealier posts.

#431805 - 04/30/08 07:48 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: Castingpearls]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Cp,

The sizes are roughly equivalent, so far as overall size goes...a size 5 Vibrax is about the same length and blade size as a size 5 Rvrwhirler...the Rvrwhirler will be a little heavier, though.

Right now Silver is the only finish we have in stock on the size 5's...they come in gold, too, but we are currently out of stock on those.

Thanks for your interest!

Fish on...

Todd

#431959 - 05/01/08 02:54 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: Todd]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
Thanks Todd,

I will be ordering some in next few weeks.

#431989 - 05/01/08 06:02 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: Sol]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Cool stuff.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#433602 - 05/09/08 01:04 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
SCARBOO Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bothell, WA
I ordered for the summer 2 weeks ago and promtly recieved my order within 2 days. I just got done making all of them. As always great customer service. Hope to have equal success this summer as I did last using them.

Nice work guys

SCARBOO

#433603 - 05/09/08 01:06 PM Re: Rvrfshr Products...New Tackle, New Website... [Re: SCARBOO]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Cool! Good luck!

Fish on...

Todd

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |